Ortega is not being compensated for 226

So, a fighter who didn’t fight didn’t get paid?

Like, he had an opportunity to fight, and he chose not to.

Where is the news here?

Yeah well he was offered a fight

So is what it is..

He was offered a fight,didn't accept it.End of the line.

Bullshit strongman tactics from the UFC. Sack the bald clown and put a fucking professional in charge.

Why should he be? Seriously? He's not paid to go through camp, hes paid to fight. He turned down options. Done.

He should be fined. Prey Dana doesn't alter the agreement further.

Ha!!

Vader+and+Lando.jpeg

So, a fighter who didn’t fight didn’t get paid?

Like, he had an opportunity to fight, and he chose not to.

Where is the news here?

Bro he has to pay his team members for the fight camp and shit. It’s not his fault Max got injured and it only happened days before 226. The UFC should at least pay for Ortega’s expenses. It’s not right that he go into debt from it

He CHOSE not to fight, so they CHOSE not to cut him a check

<31>

It's not the UFCs fault Max couldn't fight. It sounded like the UFC went above and beyond trying to set up another fight.

Literally the only time I've seen a fighter get paid without fighting is when they actually weigh in and then the other fighter bails.

Hmm. I think I'm gonna have to side with the rich guys who try to treat their workers as shitty as possible.

Why should he be? Seriously? He's not paid to go through camp, hes paid to fight. He turned down options. Done.

So it’s either take a fight on 2 days notice vs Stephens or don’t get paid a dime and go into debt to pay your training partners? I don’t see how you guys think that’s ok to put him in that position

Bro he has to pay his team members for the fight camp and shit. It’s not his fault Max got injured and it only happened days before 226. The UFC should at least pay for Ortega’s expenses. It’s not right that he go into debt from it

No, “bro” it’s not the UFC’s fault Max got injured. It’s also not their fault that Ortega didn’t take the fight he was offered. They offered him an opportunity to get his paycheck and he said no.

While i dont think he should get his full show money, there should be a standard rule in place for when this happens

I wouldnt mind a flat rate of 25k-30k or maybe 50% of your show money if you lose ur fight within 14 days of the fight

But it would be tough to do because 25k-30k would be more than some fighters make to begin with, and 50% of certain fighters show money ends up still being over six figures

Back