Ortega is not being compensated for 226

Someone please explain to me why hendo was compensated when machida busted for peds?

That’s one thing I will never understand as it was a while before their fight.

guarantee you the UFC lost more money on him than he lost in training camp.

dude made a career decision and he should incur the costs of that decision.

I guarantee it’s much easier for the ufc to lose the money than it is for Ortega. Ortega fulfilled his end of the deal. The ufc should at least pay him for his expenses

Someone please explain to me why hendo was compensated when machida busted for peds?

That’s one thing I will never understand as it was a while before their fight.

They like Dan and he was near the end of his career.

The company didn't appreciate what Ortega did.

It’s not like Ortega didn’t have a replacement. Homeboy was afraid to lose and therefore did not want to fight. He would have accepted the fight but he was not confident he could actually win. Why else would he avoid fighting?

I guarantee it’s much easier for the ufc to lose the money than it is for Ortega. Ortega fulfilled his end of the deal. The ufc should at least pay him for his expenses

His end of the deal is weighing in at 145LBs by a certain time and then fighting the following evening.

He didn't do that.

He didn't even weigh in. He didn't fight. He did not come close to fulfilling his contract.

Presumably because they already told him they weren't going to pay him I'm sure he would have weighed in if it would have given him his show money

So it’s either take a fight on 2 days notice vs Stephens or don’t get paid a dime and go into debt to pay your training partners? I don’t see how you guys think that’s ok to put him in that position
Sure. Like Alec Baldwin said, its fuck or walk.

I very rarely side with the UFC on pay issues, but I do here. The UFC is a promotion, not an employer. It arranges fights and gives independent contractors opportunities to make money based upon FIGHTING. It was Ortega's prerogative to decline the replacement fight, but it doesn't put him in a position to demand to get paid for not fighting.

WME some serious cheapskates.

Couple years from now WME will be like "why did everybody start leaving? We treat you good! Someone call Lorenzo to fix this!"

Presumably because they already told him they weren't going to pay him I'm sure he would have weighed in if it would have given him his show money

You can presume all you want but I haven't heard that so I'm not going to make pretend it happened.

once ufc starts paying guys not to fight the whole show will go under. it's already a shit show.

his opponent pulled out. They got him another opponent and he declined. Why should he get paid?

he decided not to work not UFC.

UFC compensates fighters when their opponents pull out and they can't get them replacements.

otherwise, if the fighter turns down the replacements then it's on them for not getting paid.

like literally, think about it- you get hired to code websites.

You start your week at a company and all the web pages have been coded or the servers are down.

For the first week, since you can't code, they ask you to help with some office stuff and some digital marketing and still pay you.

Let's say you refuse to do that.

Why should they pay you?

Thats bs why do you think your job coding and doing marketing is comparable at all to accepting a fight on 2 days notice with Jeremy Stephens?

He didn't even weigh in. He didn't fight. He did not come close to fulfilling his contract.
Not very rational, are you?
He was ready.
UFC canceled his fight, and didn't tell him to weigh in to get paid.
They flat out refuse to pay. That is what they did to (if I recall right), Vitor. Vitor said he would sue... they paid him more to give him his farewell fight in Brazil and Vitor did not sue.
That's how much they KNEW they would lose the sue (and Vitor was retiring, so he was not afraid to face them)

Not very rational, are you?
He was ready.
UFC canceled his fight, and didn't tell him to weigh in to get paid.
They flat out refuse to pay. That is what they did to (if I recall right), Vitor. Vitor said he would sue... they paid him more to give him his farewell fight in Brazil and Vitor did not sue.
That's how much they KNEW they would lose the sue (and Vitor was retiring, so he was not afraid to face them)

If he was ready he should have taken the replacement fight then, yeah?

His end of the deal is weighing in at 145LBs by a certain time and then fighting the following evening.

He didn't do that.
He was afraid to lose a fight on short notice. In case people forgot, dudes like chuck, Randy and BJ who made the ufc what it is now would not have been a bitch like Ortega. The ufc could not have thrived with fighters doing what Ortega did. It is what is.

UFC compensates fighters when their opponents pull out and they can't get them replacements.

otherwise, if the fighter turns down the replacements then it's on them for not getting paid.

like literally, think about it- you get hired to code websites.

You start your week at a company and all the web pages have been coded or the servers are down.

For the first week, since you can't code, they ask you to help with some office stuff and some digital marketing and still pay you.

Let's say you refuse to do that.

Why should they pay you?
because they contacted me for coding, not cleaning the bathroom. I have full right to refuse to do what they didn't hire me to do while they HAVE to pay for what they hired me, as long as I was ready and able to do my work (if the servers were up).

Sorry, but you are soundly wrong here. As I said, this is flat out what Yakuza were doing in Pride... which killed Pride.
How you can;'t see the conflict of interest on it is beyond me.

He never fought ? He turned down two fights so that’s pretty well inevitable

Back