So Which FIght is Gonna Get Cancelled on UFC 227?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
will it be dillashaw/cody? MM/Cejudo?

I could give a shit about MM but this shit is getting ridiculous.

The circus fights is hurting the sport enough bit then you have all these cancelled fights.

UFC is dying and we see it in the numbas.

yeah it's not fight week yet. That's when most fights seem to be falling off.

Don’t put this shit out there. Can’t we dream for just a bit longer?

Fail & Ban

0 / 10

4XQWMBhvRms5OE9b2TcF_basketball%20triple%20fail.gif

Well, Cejudo did have a couple weight misses a few years ago, and Might Mouse won't fight anyone that doesn't make at least 126 pounds. So that fight could get pulled if Cejudo is unprofessional and misses weight.

Dillashaw and Garbrandt I both expect to make weight and make it to the fight.

The rest of the card I don't much care for. As long as those 2 fights stay on the card, it's OK.

will it be dillashaw/cody? MM/Cejudo?

I could give a shit about MM but this shit is getting ridiculous.

The circus fights is hurting the sport enough bit then you have all these cancelled fights.

UFC is dying and we see it in the numbas.

did you call conor fights circus 2.

you are acting like ufc making fights that make money is a new thing

IF nothing gets cancelled I favor this card over 226. Say what’s you will about the “manlet” divisions but Cody/TJ is about as exciting a fight as can be made... and Mighty Mouse will either show us again why his skills are unmatched in the lighter classes or we get a monumental upset. Add in Gus-Volkan and we have some amazing matchups. I think the rest of the main card is fun too- just can’t remember them off the top.

What I’m saying is... stop trying to jinx it, TS!

Hmmmm.. Cejudo misses weight cause he has a history and it seems to be the theme lately, MM fight doesn't happen.

Well, Cejudo did have a couple weight misses a few years ago, and Might Mouse won't fight anyone that doesn't make at least 126 pounds. So that fight could get pulled if Cejudo is unprofessional and misses weight.

Dillashaw and Garbrandt I both expect to make weight and make it to the fight.

The rest of the card I don't much care for. As long as those 2 fights stay on the card, it's OK.

cancelling the mighty mouse fight would actually improve the card.

Maybe we will get lucky. But it seems unlikely. Lots of time left before it goes down. Hell it can be two days out and it goes to shit. That is the unfortunate reality of the sport right now.

cancelling the mighty mouse fight would actually improve the card.
No way, that's a solid title fight.

I hate this topic, but something probably will get canned fight week.

UFC = Untimely Fight Cancellations

Gus pulls out with an injury then demands a title fight.

Instant ban for TS for putting that out there into the universe

giphy.gif

Fail & Ban

0 / 10

4XQWMBhvRms5OE9b2TcF_basketball%20triple%20fail.gif
You are just mad ts is making a valid point.

It's pretty sad but we basically are at the point where we should be hoping which fights are not cancelled as opposed to hoping no fights are cancelled. Every event something falls through these days.

I'm complaining but not complaining... fighter safety comes first. However, we could have a better system in place with replacement fights. Why don't they always schedule at least 2 fights per weight class and let the lower ranked fighters know the order of replacement if things change? Maybe include 1 or 2 alternate fighters like the old UFC events would do if someone got hurt earlier in the night. Create a pecking order and stick too it. If the fights get shaken up nobody should complain because they were all in camp and have a closely ranked opponent at the ready. Make that stuff contractual.

And pay them more. A lot more. I don't know how much because they need to open their books to begin to guess at that. But much more then 40/40 let alone some of the minuscule paltry sums.

Gus pulls out with an injury then demands a title fight.

Wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised if Gustafsson lost and demanded a title fight. He used to be my favorite fighter, but he's jumped on that bandwagon of "I just demand what I want, and people should give it to me". I hate those people.

Back