The most visually stunning films

I cant get enter the void out of my mind, though I dont know how stimulating those visuals are.

Murder, my Sweet (1944)

11.-Murder-My-Sweet-2.png

Last edited:
8 pages and no mention of "Curse of the golden flower"?

Pfft

Anything by Mario Bava in the 60's, anything Terence Malick, anything Andrei Tartovsky, I love the John Carpenter+ Dean Cundey collaborations, the Anthony Man+John Alton collaborations, Citizen Kane, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Vampyr, Carnival of Souls, Wild Strawberries, Incubus, etc.
Lots of big format films like How the West Was Won, The Big Trail, Sleeping Beauty, The Bible: In the Beginning, North by Northwest, etc.
I'll update this later, typing with one hand, petting big fluffy cat with the other.

The Thin Red Line remastered (but I find the movie boring)

The Cell with Jennifer Lopez is one of the most visually amazing films I ever watched. But it sucked.

Ex Machina
Brooklyn

98% of that movie looked fantastic, but I remember there was one scene outdoors by a stream / waterfall where the compositing looked like they'd outsourced it to The Nostalgia Critic or something.

Wtf really??? I mean it’s a kickass movie but how is it visually amazing???

Probably the very long camera takes I spose, besides that I would say good looking without being(or attempting to be)especially visually eye popping.

Last edited:
The new Star Wars movies

Shitty movies but they by default get the most talented vfx artists and you have to admit the cinematography is very good
I agree the cinematography is great.
The films aren't shitty except compared to the original trilogy.

Alien
Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut
Barry Lyndon
RAN
Red Cliff
Apocalypto
Ex Machina
Brooklyn
The Way Back
Darjeeling Limited
Road to Perdition
Skyfall (movies trash, but fuck it looks great)
Incendies
Dunkirk
BR:2049
Lost in Translation

My personal favorite though: Midnight in Paris

big fan of movies that are able to make me romanticize the setting/city, thats a sign that the director has captured its settings perfectly to illustrate its story
Manhattan. Beautiful, beautiful Manhattan.

Back