black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

sounds like the seed distributor is a scammer.
he/she probably sold the fake seeds to the farmers, and then turned around and sold the real ones to other farmers. if it is proven that only black farmers got the shit seeds while white farmers didn't, then i can say :
200.gif

If the farmers had been white, the title of the article would have been "Inexperienced farmers scammed by fake crop seeds." But because they're black, you just have to make it all about that victimhood. Yeah, because ignorant white people never get scammed, ever, that magic white skin repels it right off.

<{vega}>
{<huh}

I get that you have a personal hatred of the Bundy family, but bringing them up in unrelated topics is starting to border on obsession.
I do not have a "hatred" of the Bundy family.

Those people were openly threatening violent revolt against our government. They were so deranged they actually thought the country would support their sedition if it came to blows. They ended up getting one of their dear friends killed because he was too stupid to realize this wasn't the moment: this wasn't the start of Civil War #2.

If there are people out there dumb enough to seize a bird refuge as part of a violent revolt, then there are probably people stupid enough to try swindling some black farmers. I'm simply observing that there is a credible motive-- however remote.

how the heck do you differentiate bad seed from good? I dont do big time farming, but have a few plots and we collect our own seeds at end of season. I'de sure like to know how to get "bad" seeds.................

is a corporation going out of it's way to engineer bad strains, then mass farm the seeds? Sounds pretty irrational.

When these types of stories come out it almost always ends up being bullshit.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

Sounds like you were dropped on your head when you were born and can only form that one argument. "hurh, racism" *drool* "Please like my post Homer!"

I never called you racist. Sounds like you're worried about something.

@Prefect brought up a very possible scenario as well. There’s basically 2 types of soybeans raised, Liberty Link(Bayer) and Round Up ready (Monsanto). Round up as we all know is glyphosate resistant and Liberty Link is glufosinate resistant. If you spray glufosinate on round up ready stuff, or vice versa, it will kill off the plant.
The farmers could have sprayed the wrong chemical or were given the wrong chemical. Even something like not cleaning out your sprayer between chemicals can do lots of damage.
As for it being stored improperly, that’s highly unlikely. Bad soybeans smell horrendous and they would have caught it when seeding. I can’t explain the smell, but it’s rank. They also swell to a noticeable size when wet.
They could have cracked them when handling, but you’d have to do it intentionally because there’s no way you’d crack almost every seed even if you trickled them through multiple augers.
So, you have this information but you don't think an entire group of people, described in the OP as "experienced farmers" would have the same or even more knowledge than you? It sounds to me like you're suggesting they're incompetent because they're black. The OP specifically stated the white farmers in the same area using supposedly the same seed got high yields so your argument is that this group of farmers is lying, not that they got ripped off? Oh yeah, greed and prejudice are never the culprit, are they?

The Truth, as usual, is probably somewhere in the middle. A middleman distributor sells a bunch of standard seed, at extreme mark up by placing them in counterfeit bags and misrepresenting the product.
If the scam is discovered, he feigns ignorance and everyone looks at Stein (as what is happening here).
If it goes undiscovered, you net massive profits by selling budget rate product at elite prices.

The Chinese are notorious for doing this, so why does it seem simply impossible for some domestic con artist to do the same?

I do not have a "hatred" of the Bundy family.

Those people were openly threatening violent revolt against our government. They were so deranged they actually thought the country would support their sedition if it came to blows. They ended up getting one of their dear friends killed because he was too stupid to realize this wasn't the moment: this wasn't the start of Civil War #2.

If there are people out there dumb enough to seize a bird refuge as part of a violent revolt, then there are probably people stupid enough to try swindling some black farmers. I'm simply observing that there is a credible motive-- however remote.
Al and Peggy did nothing of the sort!

How would intent be proven?
Is it possible they got a batch of bad seeds? Could they have planted / cultivated them with the wrong methods?
These are honest questions, I know fuck all about horticulture and farming.

Hmmm lawsuit sounds ify White farmers are the best in the world they create and feed the world I doubt these other farmers could grow enough to feed even a family of 4 so no need to compensate them an egregious amount of money .

Thanks for posting this!

Detasseling season has begun, so I was out until 11:30 last night.

I read this article over the radio to everyone that was out working. I also texted this article to my friends that are also in the Ag business.

We were all laughing our asses off at this article.

It's funny to see the utter bullshit that gets spread around my industry sometimes.

Unless you had a forward-thinking plan for the last several years preparing for these lean times, no one's making any money in farming this year on the producer side.

If the allegations are absolutely true (I have some SERIOUS doubts), then the problem lies with the seed salesman and distributor, not the Stein Corporation. The Stein Corporation is being sued because they are the people with the most money in this story.

The logistical costs involved with trying to separate good seed from bad, and trying to make sure that only black people got this bad seed makes this a ridiculous notion in and of itself.

This paragraph right here betrayed the truth of the matter:

"why is it then that white farmers are buying Stine seed and their yield is 60, 70, 80, and 100 bushels of soybeans and black farmers who are using the exact same equipment with the exact same land, all of a sudden, your seeds are coming up 5, 6, and 7 bushels?"

There's another reason that a crop can yield horribly despite its seed quality, it's rainfall, or pestilence.

Soil quality. In that area of the country they've been farming the same soil for almost 150 year. Everything your crop needs you will have to put into the soil yourself before you plant. If a farmer fails to do so that's referred to as "mining the soil", taking nutrients out of the soil without replacing them afterwards.

I suspect that the farmers who are suing the Stein Corporation all applied anhydrous ammonia to their fields for the last several years. I suspect from years and years of anhydrous ammonia use, there soil is now so hard that they have a difficult time putting a disc in the ground.

We have a farmer in my county that does this exact practice, my brother and I drive by and laugh at his field every few weeks. He's applied so much anhydrous ammonia to his fields, that the only way that he can knife in more anhydrous, is to actually turn on his pivot. He has to water his bare soil just to soften it up enough to knife more anhydrous into his soil. His beans on that field look like absolute dog shit this year, and he's applied 6 inches of irrigation water trying to get his crop up. Anhydrous ammonia is a cheap source of nitrogen, but it kills all biological life in your soil. This means that you have no microbes that can break down micronutrients and make them more available for your plant.

My grandfather always said "You make you money off your creepy crawlies in the soil".

Do you use liquid or the graphite inoculate?

When I read this story, something tells me that the explanation for these exceptionally low yields are somewhere in the soil. My second guess was an improper application of herbicide, just like you said.

Weren't the seeds tested and deemed inferior to the product they thought they'd purchased? Or were they just different?

Hmmm lawsuit sounds ify White farmers are the best in the world they create and feed the world I doubt these other farmers could grow enough to feed even a family of 4 so no need to compensate them an egregious amount of money .
People like you are why people like me can never get into bed with people like Trump.

But but racism doesnt exist in the usa except against white people!
It shows that the elite at the top are psychos and racist too. It's corruption between the elite and the government that allows this type of criminality to go underpunished.

Most people in general don't want to screw over anyone, it's the elite at the top that use all sorts of F'd justification to act like psychos.

Stuff like this should be taken very seriously.
Jail time is warranted.

Thread title misleading. It s allegations nothing more.

I thought I told you to stop talking to me.

Funny story, but I just saw you getting pissy in another thread because people think you're a racist moron. Ever wonder why that's people's first, last and only impression of you?

Sure don't, because you're proud of the fact you have strong opinions on topics you don't understand.

Last edited:
Back