Having xbox one internet connection issues. Need technical help plz.

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My xbox is hardwired into my modem. Around a month back there was a storm and after it was over for some reason I was no longer connecting to the internet on my xbox. The only way it would connect again is if I hard reset my modem. I have to hard reset EVERY TIME I want to my xbox to connect to the internet. I have tried to look for fixes to this but none have worked yet. It's an annoying problem. Feel free to list suggestions. I have tried some of the more common solutions like hard resetting my xbox. No luck yet. Thanks for the help.

Check the cord to the modem and check your internet settings also. My shit lead to me getting team killed a lot due to connection issue with my NAtype.

Have you tried throwing it out and buying a new one?

Let me know how it goes.

The other thing you could do is a hard reset of your xbox, Hold the power button in while turned on for 15 seconds or however long it takes to turn off it should start flashing if I recall then turn it on and it'll clear the cache and all that jazz. It'll take like 2 mins to start back up

The only way it would connect again is if I hard reset my modem.

Connect to your modem directly to see if a firmware update is available. If not try factory resetting your modem. Now if this issue persists its most likely the modem was damaged from a surge during the storm. Which means you'll need to buy a new modem and or get a replacement from your ISP.

Let me know how it goes.

The other thing you could do is a hard reset of your xbox, Hold the power button in while turned on for 15 seconds or however long it takes to turn off it should start flashing if I recall then turn it on and it'll clear the cache and all that jazz. It'll take like 2 mins to start back up

You have been extremely helpful....

Connect to your modem directly to see if a firmware update is available. If not try factory resetting your modem. Now if this issue persists its most likely the modem was damaged from a surge during the storm. Which means you'll need to buy a new modem and or get a replacement from your ISP.

Requesting a new modem from my ISP is a good idea. I'll let you know if it works thanks.

You could try resetting the mac address witch clears the systems cache.

Often if an issue cannot be fixed with a hard reset on the xbox the issue is caused by your router or your internet settings, could the storm have caused the modem to reset? Hindering its ability to connect with the ISP properly?

If the storm was really bad I suppose a surge could have popped the onboard NIC. Happened to two of my computers at work last Friday.

Try another device like a laptop on the wired connection. If that device has the same issues, it's the modem.
It never hurts to pick up a surge protector with ethernet built in.

Sounds like your modem bit the dust.

I came in here expecting to see comments about how he should buy a PS4 or a PC. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised to see legitimate advice! haha.

I’m experiencing my XB1 randomly turning on. Is it self updating?
Most likely.

Go to your power settings and see if it's set to energy-saving mode or instant-on mode. If it's instant-on it will update or download anything that it's available.

Most likely.

Go to your power settings and see if it's set to energy-saving mode or instant-on mode. If it's instant-on it will update or download anything that it's available.
...and it is ALWAYS listening....

Back