USADA has gone rogue and needs to be put in check

Listening to the deep dicking they gave Barnett - and yeah, Josh is a bad guy to complain about drug testers trying to fuck him, given his history. But USADA have definitely gone rogue.

Personally I think they need to set up some guidelines. It's unfair that one fighter may be tested once, and his opponent has to go through 3 or 4 tests. It's also fucked that they will show up at 5 in the morning or whatever and wake people up. Or grab a guy like Mighty Mouse in the supermarket while he's shopping with his wife.

Yes they need to fight PEDs, but we also have to discuss the quality of life and privacy of the fighters. In real life there is a balance of privacy and security, it seems like with USADA there is no balance.

You offered no argument to support the assertion that USADA has gone rogue.

In Josh Barnett's case, USADA proposed a 4 year suspension. Barnett disagreed, took his case to arbitration, and won. That doesn't make USADA rogue. Barnett tested positive for osterine and had previously failed tests in 2001 and 2009, when the standard was so lax we can online imagine his rampant use to get caught.

I concede in Barnett's case USADA was looking for a stiff punishment. The arbitrator agreed with Josh, and that is basically how month criminal cases proceed. Barnett declined what was essentially a plea bargain, and won.

We should also talk about all the great things USADA has done, like catching cheaters like Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir and Yoel Romero. Dick pills indeed.

They'll lose all credibility when they clear Jones of all wrong doing.

USADA should have SWAT teams, do probings, have 24/7 access and all fighters must be fitted with a GPS ankle bracelet.

How is it possible you've been here for 8 years (to the day actually) and you don't know what Novitsky's job is? You understand it's his job to keep fighters OUT of trouble?
b5acb7b819a1568fc9ba2deee6deb5e0.gif

I think theyre corrupt and give exemptions to certain people that UFC wants to succeed.

Lmao..yea why dont we just skip the testing all together and just ask them over the phone? At set date and time..

T.S's USADA approach

"Hello mr lesnar?"

"Hi"

"Im just calling on behalf of USADA, have you taken any steroids recently or will you be available for urine sample of wednesday at 3pm?"

"No i havent and im training that day"

" okay thank you enjoy your day"

Lmao..its called random drug testing for a reason so they can actually bust people..otherwise its way to easy to beat the system..
True, it probably went more like this:

"Hey, Mr Lesnar? About that failed test..."
"Yeah, don't worry about it - I got to the bottom of it."
"Really? That's great! You should be able to fight by january then."
"Alright, cool."

Seems like they definitely mishandled Barnett's case but I also understand why USADA was suspicious of him.

Why aren't they publishing Lesnar's test results if, according to some people, he is already back in the testing pool?

Please elaborate

He can't. That's how conspiracy theories work - with no evidence.

USADA isn't perfect. But it is the best we have for now.

His assertion doesn't even make any sense. Why would USADA bust Jones, Lesnar and Silva and let others pass?

You offered no argument to support the assertion that USADA has gone rogue.

In Josh Barnett's case, USADA proposed a 4 year suspension. Barnett disagreed, took his case to arbitration, and won. That doesn't make USADA rogue. Barnett tested positive for osterine and had previously failed tests in 2001 and 2009, when the standard was so lax we can online imagine his rampant use to get caught.

I concede in Barnett's case USADA was looking for a stiff punishment. The arbitrator agreed with Josh, and that is basically how month criminal cases proceed. Barnett declined what was essentially a plea bargain, and won.

We should also talk about all the great things USADA has done, like catching cheaters like Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir and Yoel Romero. Dick pills indeed.
great answer.

different honest and intelligent people can have different honest and intelligent opinions on whether USADA should have treated Josh Barnett as a first time offender. it is not crazy to think Barnett shouldn't be treated as a first time offender.

and i'm probably a bigger Barnett fan than everyone here combined.

great answer.

different honest and intelligent people can have different honest and intelligent opinions on whether USADA should have treated Josh Barnett as a first time offender. it is not crazy to think Barnett shouldn't be treated as a first time offender.

and i'm probably a bigger Barnett fan than everyone here combined.

As a culture we have a tendency to see anyone who doesn't agree with us as "rogue", I see this term thrown at the FBI without much basis.

I generally support USADA. I disagreed with their position as it relates to Josh. His prior failures shouldn't count because they were pre-USADA. 4 years was not warranted. I don't buy his tainted supplement defense, but he is suing the manufacturer. I find it odd that a man who has failed PED tests on multiple occasions just happens to take a testosterone booster that just happens to contain osterine. Funny co-incidence.

But USADA was following their interpretation of the rules. An arbitrator saw it differently.

As for the claim that Josh Barnett lost two years, you can't put that on USADA. He could have asked for a hearing earlier. The hearing was scheduled for arbitration after he rejected the 4 year suspension. When you test positive, there are legal ramifications, and the legal process takes time.

Screw that, I want them to go further. If people are cheating then I want them caught and then hit with legit punishments.

To hear josh complaining about USDA with his past is just laughable
His past is irrelevant to whether or not USADA was wrong and treated him unfairly in the process. People bringing up Josh's pass in that regard are absolute idiots.

Theres no easy way to dondrug testing without impeding on privacy. Think of it as the cost of being a fighter or doing business. When you consider the alternative, juiced up TRiTor's head kicking the eyes out of pople, it is not fair and worse than career cheats like Barnatt having to go thru thia. And let's face it, this is exactly what we would expect from Barnatt. He is a career roided and just can not stop so easily.

Back