This NFL thing has made owner of Papa John's lose his damn mind. N bombs now.

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.

In an emailed statement on Wednesday afternoon, Schnatter confirmed the allegations. "News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true," he said. "Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society."

How?

HE GETS TO CALL PEOPLE THE N WORD AND I DON'T, DAMMIT!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

<31><31><31>

- Papa John

If you make enough money to live in your own castle you should be able to say the n-word dammit!!!

Dominos Pizza has made a massive comeback and is biggest pizza business in world now. Passing Pizza Hut. Dominoes is staying away from NFL shit. Pizza Hut is NFL sponsor. Dominos, as people have said, is a tech company that makes pizza. They got that shit locked down. When you think of Dominos, you think of Netflix. Eating and watching that.

Dominos has great marketing. I think their pizzas are higher priced too.

Well, it seems he was using the word to talk about using the word. Not actually using the word in reference to a person at all

Still kinda stupid. Bet he wasn't as concerned since it wasn't public and rather a company teleconference call, but still should know to watch himself

This is how I feel as well. Kind of a weird thing to get upset about, but he should know better.

That dipping butter sauce and peppercini things make papa johns the better option.

Yes, it is a little different though because this guy was already mad at NFL players and blah blah blah. He had a meltdown over it. Politics kills you in business. He is a moron. He was on thin ice already and people already assumed he was racist.

This is another reason I like Zuck. He is never gonna do something so stupid and offensive.

Never knew someone liked "Zuck" before. I thought the selling info thing was quite of a scandal. Facebook is dying too.

discussing the relative merits of two shite "pizzas" <36>

12.3% of the American population are African American. I would guess most of that population find it morally wrong for any one not African American to use the N word.

There's never any absolute need for any white person to use the n word. A white person can literally go their entire lives without needing to say it.

So given that millions of your fellow citizens are negatively affected emotionally by it, and there being no inherent need to say it, then why bother? The only reason at that point would just to simply spite your fellow citizens for no apparent reason. And you can then draw your own conclusion as to why someone would be so passionate about for going out of their way to offend African americans.

The take that the NFL has caused him to lose his mind is LOL worthy.

Also, he's a business executive on a business call and there's almost no one out there in the business world that's worth a shit that thinks that kind of talk is appropriate at work. Even racist assholes know they need to separate that stuff from business in the year 2018.

Finally, if I was a store/chain owner, supplier or anyone doing business with this company I'd be absolutely fucking furious with him. Be a professional.

Dominos Pizza has made a massive comeback and is biggest pizza business in world now. Passing Pizza Hut. Dominoes is staying away from NFL shit. Pizza Hut is NFL sponsor. Dominos, as people have said, is a tech company that makes pizza. They got that shit locked down. When you think of Dominos, you think of Netflix. Eating and watching that.

I never think of Dominos. There's one in my area, but doesn't seem popular, didn't realize they were so esteemed among the pizza chains

John Schnatter—the founder, chairman and public face of pizza chain Papa John’s—used the N-word on a conference call in May. Schnatter confirmed the incident in an emailed statement to Forbes on Wednesday.

The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#4875e2b94cfc
I came in expecting to GIF-response with a, "This is where I get off the train..." message. Lo and behold, I am again confronted by an illogical approach to combating racism that is more racist itself in nature. Key passage:
On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash...

In an emailed statement on Wednesday afternoon, Schnatter confirmed the allegations. "News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true," he said. "Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society."
What is the crime here? Where is the evidence that he believes blacks are inferior? Am I also supposed to infer that he thinks it's appropriate for blacks to be dragged behind trucks until they die? Am I supposed to infer that this private conference call indicates that he believes the term should be acceptable in normal workplace environments instead of a privately discussed conference call by management where the very topic is how to handle racial sensitivity?

We have taken our eyes so far off the ball that we no longer remember what the purpose of this selective, voluntary censorship was intended to effect.

*Edit* Furthermore, since I anticipate the "it reflects poor judgment" defense, then I'd like to point out that poor judgment is intended to reflect the misapprehension of a deeper transgression. He is the one on the hot seat. What is his deeper transgression, then?

Furthermore, this conference call would have stayed private if it wasn't leaked to the press. Isn't the person with poor judgment the one who would leak it? The issue is public perception. He didn't air this out in public, so I don't see the flaw in judgment...unless one is to presume that he can't even trust a single conversation held on business time concerning the business to ever be kept confidential, or handled with discretion.

Even in private you must self-censor your speech, but only if you are white. That is the message I am gleaning.

Last edited:
He said the word talking about someone else saying it, he didn't call anyone one...BFD...

12.3% of the American population are African American. I would guess most of that population find it morally wrong for any one not African American to use the N word.

There's never any absolute need for any white person to use the n word. A white person can literally go their entire lives without needing to say it.

So given that millions of your fellow citizens are negatively affected emotionally by it, and there being no inherent need to say it, then why bother? The only reason at that point would just to simply spite your fellow citizens for no apparent reason. And you can then draw your own conclusion as to why someone would be so passionate about for going out of their way to offend African americans.

You are really reaching to be offended by this...on someone else's behalf - Black Guy

So does this mean white can’t ever say the word, even if they’re talking about the word?
This may help
C_borUTUMAA1ZQM.jpg

You are really reaching to be offended by this...on someone else's behalf - Black Guy

I'm not offended. I'm wondering why there's so many people who are just itching to use language they KNOW upsets millions of people, and go out of their way to do so.

Oh and congrats on your appointment to spokesperson for all African Americans.

People who get offended by words are stupid. "How dare you call me fart face?"

Back