You can’t be top a 5 GOAT if you aren't even the GOAT of your weight classes

It is evidence, it isn't proof. There are many, many ways as unlikely as they may be for it to be legitimate/accidental/malicious.

DC 100% cheated and we have video evidence of it happening.
If we are gonna dance around with terms like evidence and proof, then you have no proof of DC cheating. Grabbing the towel was not cheating. Putting his weight on it probably would have been, but there is not 100% proof of him putting weight on it. Demonstrate to me a rule that says a man cannot touch the towel?
For everyone else with a reasonable working brain, I am not saying DC didn't cheat, I am addressing Gorkle's ridiculous logic dance. Jones cheated and any sane person knows it. He cheated with PED's. DC cheated and most of us on Sherdog know it. He cheated a couple pounds off the scale. Which one is worse is up for debate, but I sure know what I think.

HW GOAT - Fedor

LHW GOAT - Jones

MW GOAT - Anderson

WW GOAT - GSP

FW GOAT - Aldo

I like DC but sorry DC fans, you can’t be a top 5 GOAT if you aren’t even the GOAT of either of your weight divisions.

TS, you are making a big assumption. Here are the correct responses to your assumption.

You can't be the GOAT if you've been banned multiple times for steroids. Wasteland this shit.

Not sure I follow this argument, so you have to remain at one weight class your entire career to be a top 5 GOAT?

If a man has 5 title defenses at one weight class and 5 at another weight class, but the GOATS at those weight classes have 7 defenses against roughly equal competition, how do you not have a better legacy than them? Your argument is ridiculous, TS

Steroid cheats aren't in contention for GOAT status.

If a guy fails multiple tests then for me at least he's out of the GOAT talks so say bye to Jones & as much as it hurts me to say it, bye to Anderson too.

Jones is out but I keep Silva in.

No failures during his prime, compared to 3 fishy or failed tests when facing his toughest opponent.

Just imo.

If we are gonna dance around with terms like evidence and proof, then you have no proof of DC cheating. Grabbing the towel was not cheating. Putting his weight on it probably would have been, but there is not 100% proof of him putting weight on it. Demonstrate to me a rule that says a man cannot touch the towel?
For everyone else with a reasonable working brain, I am not saying DC didn't cheat, I am addressing Gorkle's ridiculous logic dance. Jones cheated and any sane person knows it. He cheated with PED's. DC cheated and most of us on Sherdog know it. He cheated a couple pounds off the scale. Which one is worse is up for debate, but I sure know what I think.

The towel had downward pressure. Hence no matter how much or how little difference it made, it made a difference. So he was using the towel to cheat.

Of course, Jones probably was on PEDs. You just can't prove it.

You CAN prove DC cheated, so people making out DC is somehow the GOAT because Jones is a cheater is completely nonsenical.

Jones is out but I keep Silva in.

No failures during his prime, compared to 3 fishy or failed tests when facing his toughest opponent.

Just imo.

I sort of agree, but now there's doubt especially as there was no USDA in his prime.

The towel had downward pressure. Hence no matter how much or how little difference it made, it made a difference. So he was using the towel to cheat.

You CAN prove DC cheated, so people making out DC is somehow the GOAT because Jones is a cheater is completely nonsenical.

I cannot prove DC cheated, and neither can you. Again, show me the rule? There is a rule against testing positive and Jones and Anderson both failed that more than once, and therefore they are PROVEN to violate the rule. Show me the rule Cormier violated please.

And years of PED use and purposeful eyepokes are far worse than ONE time of fooling the scale by a pound or two.

You must have an especially low moral compass to defend a psychopath like Jones while vilifying DC. DC isn't perfect but there is hardly an MMA fighter out there you cant accuse of something. Jones has given us more ammo than anyone but War Machine, Joe Son and MAYBE Mayhem

No no there proof he was on PEDs, and it's undisputed. What is disputed is how they keep ending up in his blood.

1. DC would demolish Fedor. It would leave Fedor fans literally traumatized with PTSD.

2. You're not a goat if you consistently piss hot or hide under cages so you won't piss hot.

3. You're not a goat if you've been knocked out stiff 3 of your last 4 fights in your prime, twice by the same guy.

With that being said, it's hard to even be in the GOAT discussion when guys like Derrick Lewis and Ilir Latifi are top 5 in your divisions.

Fedor is a dinosaur who peaked 1 and a half decades ago and trained in McDojo tier camps since 2003. Cannot compare.

Jon would mutilate Daniel no matter what. The gear is just an insurance policy. And DC also had "sus" test results himself.

If Jon fails abysmally at HW Cormier would be above him P4P even though Jones beats him 999 times out of 1000.

You can when the guy everyone thinks is ahead of you and beat you is a proving PED user.

Why? That's an arbitrary criteria. DC has a great multidivisional resume.

Nah Anderson popped when he old and not that good anymore. Age and injuries hit him like a ton of bricks.
Yes but Anderson has admitted or stated that anyone popped for using steroids has used them a long time and likely their whole career.

Do not for a second believe that Anderson would gamble away an entire prime career if he fought off roids but risking roids in his post prime years when he could easily just retire and not take the risk of being busted. Anyone who fought clean all that time prior would be terrified to start with an unknown to them like steroids. Only someone who had beaten multiple tests prior would think they could keep beating them.

I sort of agree, but now there's doubt especially as there was no USDA in his prime.

It's like Fedor in pride.

He tested as clean or cleaner than his opponents, to me that's fair.

DC beat the hw goat and is probably 2nd best lhw ever.
Too much goat talk for a short that is still rapidly evolving

That logic doesn't make sense. Thats like saying Jordan and Lebron can't be top 5 alltime players because they play the same position.

Muhammad Ali disagrees.

Muhammad Ali isn't the greatest HW of all time, but he is recognized as the Greatest of All Time. Well... him and SRR.

Back