It turns out its not coming home

I think a lot of it came down to conditioning. England looked weary and heavy legged by the time they reached extra time. Croatia were stronger and could impose themselves physically on England late in the game.

It was probably more down to Croatia's midfield having better positioning and passing. The younger English team were able to keep up in the first half by running a lot but that wasn't going to work for 2 hours.

Fuck Croatia! with their awesome nightlife and hot as fuck hookers, who the fuck do they think they are?

I think a lot of it came down to conditioning. England looked weary and heavy legged by the time they reached extra time. Croatia were stronger and could impose themselves physically on England late in the game.
while Croatia did not have the pace to contend with England defense, they ultimately were the fresher team come extra time

I agree. Beating Tunisia, Panama, Colombia and Sweden none of which are even top 15 in the world and losing to Belgium and Croatia.
Lol yep
We were saying in pub if he reached final he should
I spoke to soon obviously

People were even talking about him being lord

Lol yep
We were saying in pub if he reached final he should
I spoke to soon obviously

People were even talking about him being lord

If they reached the final it would have to be the easiest road in world cup history. Not a single team in the top 15. Surely that has never happened before...

If they reached the final it would have to be the easiest road in world cup history. Not a single team in the top 15. Surely that has never happened before...
Agree it was
But England played well and did vs Croatia. They blew it

I think teams have probably gotten to the final before without meeting anyone particularly formidable, but that's never going to happen on both sides of the bracket. Tournaments are inherently unfair like that when they're put together with random draws. They had an easy path but would still have had to take out France, so you couldn't consider it Steve Jennum easy.

I'm half German so Germany were my backup team, but obviously that doesn't do shit for me right now. All I can do is fall back on being Welsh
giphy.gif

It wasn't a bad result for England. They got much further than they deserved to and were never going to beat France. Not when they had a donkey like Sterling hee hawing around the pitch.

Screw you, mang! I'm not even a football soccer or England fan, HOWEVA... I love the Lighting Seeds. One of the more underrated bands from the 90s. WAY better than Oasis and on par with Blur. This made me root for Jolly Old England. Oh well, we always have that catchy song. :-(

Back