Takanori Gomi vs Melvin Guillard added to Rizin 11

That's my fault, I made a screenshot at this moment. This is from video on facebook, I can't share it.
Try to search the name of the event.
You'll clearly see that Guillard is way bigger.
I took the above GIF trying to be objective. From my perspective, on fight night Melvin had a bit of height. Jackson a bit more muscle.

Regardless of how those two size up, I still feel that overall Guillard is too small to be fighting at middleweight.

Last edited:
I took the above GIF trying to be objective. From my perspective, on fight night Melvin had a bit of height. Jackson a bit more muscle.

Regardless of how those two size up, I still feel that overall Guillard is too small to be fighting at middleweight.

Here, maybe this one will work:

Here, maybe this one will work:

Yeah I don't see anything. I see the facebook ID when I quote it but can't get it to play. Regardless I watched the fight yesterday. What is it of?

Acoording to Tapology Guillard is 176cm to Jacksons 173cm.
They are basically both Welterweights at this point I guess. Adesanya could probably make WW as well.

The differnece is that Guillard has been fighting 10 years longer and imo it doesn't really make a difference anymore at which weight he fightsin regard to his career, although he might get a few more KOs at 155 or 170

Yeah I don't see anything. I see the facebook ID when I quote it but can't get it to play. Regardless I watched the fight yesterday. What is it of?

their weigh ins. Oh well , never mind.

I guess we can both agree here that this time , Guillard was not slain by a giant :)

It’s pretty sad that people are saying this is a good match up. I understand that people miss Pride but Rizin is 100% dogshit.

The more of their recent fights I see, the more I think Gomi is the one in trouble.

Brandon Girtz is a stud??

Tough guy but not a fighter I would consider a stud
More fair to say that Guillard has overall been facing solid competition.
Definitely a few tough challenges in there.

Last edited:
I think the matchup is fairly even, it would be best for Rizin to get a Gomi win out of this.
Despite Guillard's record, he's had a few decent moments, and tried toughing out a few beatdowns for longer than most probably recall.

giphy.gif

Gomi on the other hand hasn't lasted more than 2:37 in any of his last 6 regardless of opponent. He's very vulnerable to knockdowns, and I think Guillard is still skilled enough to take advantage of that.

Despite Guillard's record, he's had a few decent moments, and tried toughing out a few beatdowns for longer than most probably recall.

giphy.gif

Gomi on the other hand hasn't lasted more than 2:37 in any of his last 6 regardless of opponent. He's very vulnerable to knockdowns, and I think Guillard is still skilled enough to take advantage of that.

God that would be so depressing.

Gillard too big. MG by KO, unless yakuza involvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back