Borrachinha fires back at Kelly Slater: "He better take care of his surfing"

You'd be crying at 10' sunset much less live through it.
Dude, I didn’t say surfing was easy and it wasn’t skillfull but Im pretty sure I’m not in the minority’s here- there are better athletes around than surfers.

m96jjd.jpg
can you stop adding that ugly banner to all your posts?

Lol at a pussy surfer talking smack about an MMA guy. Does he think he's a sherdogger?

Pussy surfer? Surfing is MUCH more dangerous than mma, particularly at Slater’s level. He’s also one of the most dominant pro athletes in history.

Lol at a pussy surfer talking smack about an MMA guy. Does he think he's a sherdogger?

This guy rides 20-30 metre waves, imagine turning around and seeing a mountain moving towards you, doesn't give a fuck about you, will tear you to fucking shreds in seconds, there's nothing 'pussy' about it.

You've obviously never surfed before,...one paddle into a wave like 'Mavericks' and you'll die of fear just by looking at the wave.

I was pretty skeptical of Costa and remain so, but there is method beyond pure physicality. He has decent footwork, can walk through decent work, and has a nice punch selection both up and down (which is genuinely rare in MMA, I think). He can be hit by just about anything, which is a massive concern against real punchers, but there are a lot of top fighters who don't have that counter punching ability with power to take advantage of that. If he can keep fights standing (still largely to be seen against genuine grapplers at 85), then he can do real damage. Still, his career could be a short one considering he's never seen a punch he didn't like to eat.

I don't remember surfing having a weekly mma show..I don't remember any ppv's for surfing..I don't remember surfing selling out anywhere...fact is, surfing is a fringe sport for beach bums.

What about skateboarding, fringe sport? Last I checked, it's a multi million dollar industry, don't remember watching a skateboard pay per view, ever, so how can it be so popular if it's not on PPV?

So your logic is if a sport isn't on pay per view it's a fringe sport, therefore not many people do it, right?

That is absolutely retarded, which you clearly are.

There's like some underground ring of billionaires by country that all get to have one fighter on that next level shit. Seriously, there's always just one guy on that super soldier serum that is somehow not setting off tests.

Yoel ofc comes to mind - he failed a test but it was overturned; Jon Jones in the same line. GSP was never flagged, but in the second Penn fight he looked ridiculous and the Bisping fight was hilarious how he filled out for MW. There's gonna be some spin off of Baki the Grappler made with this.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Fans of this sport are such childish, hateful pieces of shit. No innocent until proven guilty for MMA fans.

I hope Paulo sees Kelly Slater and he slaps his old irrelevant ass.

When someone who is being accused of taking PEDs answers “I’ve never tested positive” it rings an alarm to me, I will go so far as saying it’s a dead give away that they are on PEDs.

Accusing someone of illegal PED use, is not accusing them for having tested positive in a test, defending yourself with “I have never tested positive” is not really a defense, because we all know the tests can be beaten.

Imagine someone stole your wallet, someone looks suspicious in the room and you walk up to them and say “I think you stole my wallet” and they answer ...”you can’t prove that” instead of “I would never do that”. How much would you feel they are guilty.

What about skateboarding, fringe sport? Last I checked, it's a multi million dollar industry, don't remember watching a skateboard pay per view, ever, so how can it be so popular if it's not on PPV?

So your logic is if a sport isn't on pay per view it's a fringe sport, therefore not many people do it, right?

That is absolutely retarded, which you clearly are.

anyone who thinks surfing or skate boarding is even remotely close a bigger sport than mma is clearly delusional...skate boarding? haha get real...it's for kids and over grown kids...I don't even call it a sport...and surfing might be popular down in cali or hawaii, but the rest of the country, nobody gives a shit. When was the last time a group of people gathered around a tv to watch surfing? haha

Surfing as a sport and the commercial side of it far exceeds MMA in reach and revenue. The numbers of people that surf regularly worldwide would exceed MMA as a sport and past time plus surfing merchandise/culture brings in far more revenue than MMA. Love both sports and both are tough, the feeling of being dumped by a wave and held under is different to getting a body kick but both need training. The top tier athletes in both make good money, MMA is still in its infancy as a commercial model and I expect there will be considerable change especially if the Ali Act comes in so let's see what happens in another 10+ years.

we are talking about 2 different things...if you're talking about surfing being more popular as a leisure activity people do for fun, then maybe...but it no way is a larger professional sport...not even close.

"I didn't saw what Kelly Slater wrote, but apparently he does not understand anything about MMA. I was tested eight times in 2018 only by USADA (American Anti-Doping Agency) - I was tied with Rafael dos Anjos in number of tests in the year, but now I surpassed it because I was tested before and after the fight. I don't think he should even know what USADA is. He better take care of his surfing, because he doesn't understand anything about fighting.''

Translation prepared by Mackenzie Dern.

Surfing takes balls: you've got huge waves, sharks, kraken, the fathomless depths, hypothermia, etc etc

Mma you just have one dude in a cage, with a ref there to keep things nice and safe

I think i will take a big wave over fighting brock lesnar on live TV thanks

What has the world come to when we give surfers a platform to espouse their views? <{hughesimpress}>

Costa is suspect as fuck but innocent until proven otherwise.

I think i will take a big wave over fighting brock lesnar on live TV thanks

No you wouldn't....ref would save you in the brock fight. Your lifeless corps would be ground into hamburger within seconds at teahupoo

Last edited:
Greatest athlete in history- a surfer?

dHZ5EK5.gif

Have you ever surfed a day in your life? You definitely need to be athletic. Id love to see you paddle and drop into 25 foot pipeline or 45 foot Mavericks. These guys train like professional athletes in the off season and he is one of the greatest athletes ever. 11 world titles, who else has done that in their respective sport? No one. How about you educate yourself before making stupid posts, and go paddle put for a couple hours and tell me how you feel the next day

Back