WAR ROOM LOUNGE V10: It's all in the hips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parks I'm more indifferent on.
Did you even watch the video. It's a beloved park.

When I was young I saw those plaster casts of people who died at Pompeii. I've been terrified of lava ever since.
pompeje_lidi1803.jpg

TBH I'm sad this has to happen to Hawaii and not the mainland. What did the Hawaiians ever do outside of get colonized?
Settled on active volcanoes. That's one decision that is going to keep on giving.

Settled on active volcanoes. That's one decision that is going to keep on giving.
Sssssoooo, what do we say about San Francisco sitting on a fault line or, well... all of Japan then?

Sssssoooo, what do we say about San Francisco sitting on a fault line or, well... all of Japan then?
The same thing that I say when Florida gets slammed by a hurricane: geographical hazard, and there ain't shit you can do about it

Smh over some of these comments about Hawaii itt tbh fam

Smh over some of these comments about Hawaii itt tbh fam
Not hating. I love HI. Some of the coolest people I've ever met live there (that Aloha is awesome), people are a lot less tense than they are on the mainland, the islands are beautiful, there's so much to do outside, it has the longest life expectancy of any state in the US, and the fish and fruit are the best in the US. I love that state, and I'd move there in a heartbeat. It's just that when you live on an active volcano like the Big Island, you can't really get upset when you have to deal with some lava or the vog. Like I was saying, some people love living in Miami, but they can't be upset when that hurricane rolls through. That's just the way it goes there, and it's not changing anytime soon.

Not hating. I love HI. Some of the coolest people I've ever met live there (that Aloha is awesome), people are a lot less tense than they are on the mainland, the islands are beautiful, there's so much to do outside, it has the longest life expectancy of any state in the US, and the fish and fruit are the best in the US. I love that state, and I'd move there in a heartbeat. It's just that when you live on an active volcano like the Big Island, you can't really get upset when you have to deal with some lava or the vog. Like I was saying, some people love living in Miami, but they can't be upset when that hurricane rolls through. That's just the way it goes there, and it's not changing anytime soon.
Me thinks thou doth protest too much...

But seriously it wasn’t your comment I was responding to. Honestly I misinterpreted @sniper ’s post to begin with, focused on the, “What did the Hawaiians ever do outside of get colonized?” and viewed it as a slight. From there I see canibalism and cockfighting and basically start to see red lol.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much...

But seriously it wasn’t your comment I was responding to. Honestly I misinterpreted @sniper ’s post to begin with, focused on the, “What did the Hawaiians ever do outside of get colonized?” and viewed it as a slight. From there I see canibalism and cockfighting and basically start to see red lol.
I see. I just wanted to comment and clarify because I did not mean to offend, and it appears no offense was taken. No reason we all can't be respectful to one another.

I see. I just wanted to comment and clarify because I did not mean to offend, and it appears no offense was taken. No reason we all can't be respectful to one another.
Nah I’m not one to be offended easily haha.

But I do think if someone wrote something like, “what did black Africans ever do besides get enslaved?” even if it was coming from a position of sympathy, reactions would rightly be like:
<Huh2>

This is nonsense, and you continue to earn your place in my signature.

Oh no! Not the signature line of a shitty poster!

How about this for a compromise: You PM me your phone number, and the moment I give a fuck about your opinion about me, I'll give you a call?

You gonna deny the cockfighting? :eek::D

I could say I prefer salami to bologna and be accused of tribalism. I could say my favorite color is green and be accused of lying.

This itself is a rather obvious and pathetic lie.

The reason I think you're dishonest and dishonorable is that you lie a lot and especially tend to misrepresent discussions. Your tribalism is reflected in your habit of abandoning your previously stated principles when they become inconvenient to your tribe.

@Jack V Savage has been acting strangely lately. He agreed to take a bet with me and then went AWOL for over a week (still hasn't responded in the bet thread---it's just not like him). He butted into a conversation I was having with Salty @Fawlty about political strategy to slander me, but at least he backtracked like a man. Now he is lashing out at people like you and @IngaVovchanchyn for no apparent reason.

You're talking to someone on my ignore list, but there's no lashing out. I was asking how you could possibly think that DB is more dishonest or dishonorable than posters like the ones mentioned (and suggesting that rather than an objective weighing of how various posters from all over the group line up on those metrics, you're limiting your search to people who are outside your tribe).

With regard to the bet, your combination of childish goading and a refusal to address my concerns about ambiguity are putting me off. I do plan to try to clear up the ambiguity myself and make you an offer, but I just haven't felt like putting the work in yet. The goading really has the opposite of the intended effect because my resistance to being manipulated is stronger than my desire to take your sig.

Last edited:
TBH I'm sad this has to happen to Hawaii and not the mainland. What did the Hawaiians ever do outside of get colonized?

They let @Cubo de Sangre move there. They really brought this on themselves.

Thou truly art a half-wit reaching far,
For at wit's end I cover more than half
The breach of reason thou, whose arms be short
And feeble, stretch and fail to span. The gap
Inspires no god to mend, and devil takes
No pain to mark its failure for his ends.
Alone you'd be, if not for me, but I
Am no salvation, bless or curse I might.
For long as my mind's arm may be, it can-
-not grasp your failure thus, preventing your
Delay. Like dino kings' foreshorten'd arm
And much foreshorten'd brain, that even if
Mine arm could span it couldn't bear such weight.
Our Sysyphus thou plays for sport, thou hea-
-vy block of head; go win a race with lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back