Defense Contributions of Nato Countries vs the Social Welfare Spending of Nato Countries

and? Nobody is asking you to "pay the bills".... meet your 2% like everyone else is aiming to do and stop acting like you are being victimised.... YOU make the choice on where you spend your budget. Not us.
Without the US, NATO is nothing.

NATO only has any strength at all because of the US military and our money. If we withdraw, they may as well scrap it.

I could care less what other countries spend their money on. None of my business. It is my business though that they constantly fail to fulfill their military commitments of our treaty together.

US tolerance of NATO freeloading has allowed European governments to develop a complacent attitude toward their defensive commitments. In the words of Barack Obama:
Dh3uyO_W4AU8U_m.jpg:large
*couldn't care less

The US is asking these countries to simply foot the share they're expected to. 2% of GDP. US contributes 4. World trade leader Germany gives 1.

Sorry, but that is horse shit.

We "could" spend $33 billion less? What's the basis for assuming that we intend to reduce our military spending in reciprocity?

Like I said, Germany increasing their spending doesn't help our social welfare programs. They could spend $100 billion and we would still be dependent on local interest in increasing our social welfare spending.

And even if we chose to reciprocally reduce our military spending by $33 billion, there's nothing that stops us from taking the $33 billion and spending it on more military programs or building wall. There's no mechanism by which the reduced spending on military actions is redirected to social welfare programs.

Which just leaves Congressional choice.

Have you read anything where Congress or the POTUS says we want to cut back military spending? Have you read anything that says they want to increase social welfare spending? Anything where they tie to 2 together, military spending and social welfare spending?

It's a red herring. NATO allies should spend their 2% but it has nothing to do with social welfare spending.
Have I seen any Congress or senate members wanintg to reduce our military budget? Yes. Several. We were just considering closing bases in another thread if you recall. We are also looking at entitlement reform. Since these programs come from the same total budget... but no the discussion specific to each has not come up, hence the dmx joke

Without the US, NATO is nothing.

NATO only has any strength at all because of the US military and our money. If we withdraw, they may as well scrap it.
I didnt say leave..... I said pay the 2% target like everyone else is aiming to do if you are complaining about "paying the bills". Nobody is asking you to spend as much as you do.

You guys are blaming others for your own incompetence at managing a budget!

I didnt say leave..... I said pay the 2% target like everyone else is aiming to do if you are complaining about "paying the bills". Nobody is asking you to spend as much as you do.

You guys are blaming others for your own incompetence at managing a budget!
WTF? Other countries are not and have not been paying their share. You're missing the point. Its not our spending we're concerned about. Its other countries lack of spending. We're essentially supporting NATO for them.

and? Nobody is asking you to "pay the bills".... meet your 2% like everyone else is aiming to do and stop acting like you are being victimised.... YOU make the choice on where you spend your budget. Not us.

If we lowered our contribution to 2% NATO would go broke.

WTF? Other countries are not and have not been paying their share. You're missing the point. Its not our spending we're concerned about. Its other countries lack of spending. We're essentially supporting NATO for them.
the target was only brought in after Crimea.... and its set for 2024. Once again nobody is asking you to pay for anything.

stop crying about it and change the one thing you have control over then..... stop spending as much on your military

What's the point of NATO, as you see it?

well ya....

the refugees weren't trying to stay in Poland and Slovakia if you feel me, but the UK, Germany and Sweden

wonder why that is?

Getting beaten the fuck out of for harassing women is not what they are after, they prefer the western pat on the back after being arrested for rape.

The US is asking these countries to simply foot the share they're expected to. 2% of GDP. US contributes 4. World trade leader Germany gives 1.

Sorry, but that is horse shit.

we can send u some of the refugees the US produce (Non-Natomissions u like to do for your sidekick), cause we got to feed the bill, some 20billion+/year for the forseable future, to cuddle them.

the target was only brought in after Crimea.... and its set for 2024. Once again nobody is asking you to pay for anything.

stop crying about it and change the one thing you have control over then..... stop spending as much on your military
Why would we do that? I want a strong military. So does the rest of the world, they just figure we have one they can use when they want to.

we can send u some of the refugees the US produce (Non-Natomissions u like to do for your sidekick), cause we got to feed the bill, some 20billion+/year for the forseable future, to cuddle them.

Is it really Muricas fault pussy Europeans cant defend their borders ?

By no legitimate account or definition are those people that entered Europe in any way refugees.

The US already takes in more immigrants than Germany.

Have I seen any Congress or senate members wanintg to reduce our military budget? Yes. Several. We were just considering closing bases in another thread if you recall. We are also looking at entitlement reform. Since these programs come from the same total budget... but no the discussion specific to each has not come up, hence the dmx joke

So the upshot here is there no connection between NATO spending, European social programs, and our social welfare spending.

I don't mean to forego pages of pointless back and forth but multiple posts in, there's nothing in your posts that relate increased NATO spending by our allies to local spending choices.

So the upshot here is there no connection between NATO spending, European social programs, and our social welfare spending.

I don't mean to forego pages of pointless back and forth but multiple posts in, there's nothing in your posts that relate increased NATO spending by our allies to local spending choices.
If Germany has to contribute more to their defense they will have less to spend elsewhere
If we spend less to defend Germany we could, but probably won’t, spend that on other things here which could include something like social security. That’s it. Your asking for did trump say I want this billion form there to go here? No. But it all comes form the same pot

So hop dmx Facebook page and ask him to talk to trump about it

If we spend less to defend Germany we could, but probably won’t, spend that on other things here which could include something like social security.

Why bother with this exchange if you're just going to end up where I started?

Back