General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

TUF 28 Heavy Hitters premieres Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 on FS1. They obviously passed on some experienced female featherweights who tried out like Cindy Dandois who could likely beat many if not most of these girls despite her rudimentary striking. Maybe they wanted younger gals or someone who hadn't already been in the UFC already.

FEMALE FEATHERWEIGHTS
Leah Letson | 25 | 4-1 | Milwaukee, WI
Larissa Pacheco | 23 | 11-2 | Belem, Brazil
Marciea Allen | 36 | 7-2 | Wood Dale, IL
Pannie Kianzad | 26 | 9-3 | Copenhagen, Denmark
Bea Malecki | 26 | 2-0 | Stockholm, Sweden
Julija Stoliarenko | 25 | 4-2-1 | Kaunas, Lithuania
Katharina Lehner | 28 | 7-1 | Cologne, Germany
Macy Chiasson | 26 | 2-0 | New Orleans, LA

MALE HEAVYWEIGHTS
Ben Sosoli | 28 | 6-2 | Melbourne, Australia
Maurice Greene | 31 | 5-2 | St. Cloud, MN
Michel Batista | 34 | 4-0 | Miami, FL
Juan Francisco Espino Diepa | 37 | 8-1 | Las Palmas, Spain
Justin Frazier | 28 | 10-2 | Cave City, AR
Anderson Da Silva | 31 | 3-0-1 | Sao Paulo, Brazil
Przemyslaw Mysiala | 35 | 22-9-1 | Maidenhead, England
Josh Parisian | 28 | 7-2 | Brighton, MI

Larissa Pacheco has some big show experience. Some of us here were foolish enough to bet on her to beat Jessica Andrade in her debut. She then completed her contract against Germaine De Randamie in a fight where she got abused. In Pacheco’s defense, she was just a kid at the time, and actually still is.

think a lot of us cashed on leah letson over elizabeth phillips.

One Lines

0.5 Tokudome +245 Decent judoka. He is very hittable but Jadamba is not a puncher and also 42 years old.

0.5 McGuire +185 I think he is able to outwrestle Santos. Santos has usually weight cut issues, so his cardio is mediocre.

1u Subba. Chao Xie is crafty on the ground but is basically one dimensional fighter. And Xie is probably should finish to win against local fighter in Malaysia. One fc judges are usually biased.

0.5 Tokudome +245 Decent judoka. He is very hittable but Jadamba is not a puncher and also 42 years old.

0.5 McGuire +185 I think he is able to outwrestle Santos. Santos has usually weight cut issues, so his cardio is mediocre.

1u Subba. Chao Xie is crafty on the ground but is basically one dimensional fighter. And Xie is probably should finish to win against local fighter in Malaysia. One fc judges are usually biased.
I haven't watched the last few One FC cards even though I have seen all of the previous cards for the last couple of years, but I like the analysis, so will tail these.

I really want to put money on Kadestam, I really do. And at that price, I still might, but ONE is stacking the deck here. It's in Thani's backyard, maybe literally based on how loud they are for him. Kadestam has been out almost a year, coming off a beating on the ground, and Thani is a similar style match-up, though his skills are nowhere near Askren's. Then again, Thani may not need out of this world wrestling to win this. He's a big, strong cat that fights to his strengths.

I have to add that I watched the tape on Thani, and it's pretty painful to hear the commentators. They act like Thani is throwing around world-class fighters, rather than one-dimensional (if that) bums from countries where MMA just isn't relevant. It's almost worth watching for entertainment value alone.

hmm is McGuire's wrestling that good? Santos was throwing Ben Askren around like it was nothing :eek: that dude is incredibly strong

hmm is McGuire's wrestling that good? Santos was throwing Ben Askren around like it was nothing :eek: that dude is incredibly strong

he was also taking deep breaths before the fight got stopped, i suspect askren would have taken over if it kept going. mcguire could be worth half a unit stab but not more.

do like thani in the main event, not enjoying this swedish guy at all.

One FC- Pursuit of Power Risk $628.75

Tyler McGuire (+180) vs Luis Santos $100.00 for $180.00

Kazuki Tokudome (+230) vs Jadamba Narantungalag $100.00 for $230.00

Keanu Subba (-135) vs Xie Chao $135.00 for $100.00
Keanu Subba (-132) vs Xie Chao ~$156.25 for ~$118.37

Ariel Sexton (+100) vs Kota Shimoishi $100.00 for $100.00
Kota Shimoishi (+150) vs Ariel Sexton ~$37.50 for ~$56.25

Really, MMAMania.com?

Uo8Q06x.jpg

tokudome worth a stab, has zero defense but the cleaner boxing. jadambaa also 42 years old. both judokas, grappling likely to cancel out.

he was also taking deep breaths before the fight got stopped, i suspect askren would have taken over if it kept going. mcguire could be worth half a unit stab but not more.

do like thani in the main event, not enjoying this swedish guy at all.
ya he has poor cardio but most of the time its good enough to win two rounds

sounds like tokudome was a waste of half a unit, oh well.

Thani may have been the worst bet I've ever made. Awful fighter looks like he was punching under water in round 1.

Thani may have been the worst bet I've ever made. Awful fighter looks like he was punching under water in round 1.

Must have stunned the commentators. He's like the Malaysian Fedor in their eyes lol. Yeah, I woke up and told myself that I really should bet Kadestam. Missed the cutoff. I forget that as soon as the very first fight starts on these cards, 5D pulls every line.

Oh well, with Kadestam winning, and predicting 2/2 on DWTNCS, I feel my instinct is on point going into this weekend.

good stuff as always man, your passion really comes through in your voice. no idea why elkins/volk is on the prelims either.
appreciate it a lot man, thanks for the feedback.

Back