This is it! Kavanaugh is done. Massive credit card debt scandal

Massive debt is grounds for loss of security clearance.

Reason being is cause they are more susceptible to be flipped by the opposition.

Most precincts don't even let people be cops with shitty credit.
Standards are in place for a reason and need to be maintained.

I have been to that Stadium, it is not charmless.
The one time I went, was to watch Doc Halladay (RIP) pitch for my Phillies on Opening Day. The thing that sucked is I found out when I landed in DC that Obama was throwing out the first pitch, which cut into my pre game bar time. It took us about an Hour to get in the stadium due to pat down, metal detectors and the security went through all your shit.

BTW non story. He is paying his bills who cares what is his balance.
A Phillies fan in Florida?

Is it a hit piece or worth investigating? You don't have any substantive information but your position seems to be clear.

My position?? There's not a single solitary shred of anything in this article. It's all supposition and bullshit in an attempt to try and make it sound like Trump paid him off or something. Tell me this...10 days ago would these people have given a single flying fuck about this guy and his baseball tickets? You know the answer so that means it's 100% a hit piece designed to paint Kavanaugh (sp?) in a negative manner simply and specifically because Trump picked him as his SCOTUS pick.

A Phillies fan in Florida?
Grew up in Delaware until I was roughly 12. I spent every summer in Delaware until I was about 23. I have been to roughly 100 games at the old Vet. Watched Charlie Hudson take a no hitter into the 9th against the Astros as a kid. You were either an O's fan or a Phillies phan in Delaware. The Phillies had the greatest 3rd baseman ever to step on the field, a man named Michael Jack Schmidt, plus he had a god tier mustache. The O's had the Black Jesus, Eddie Murray but he was not enough to sway me to their side. Funny thing is my dad is a Redskins and O's fan. Been to both stadiums for the Orioles in Baltimore.
I am also an Eagles fan(go Birds), Flyers fan and 76ers fan, even though I do root for the Magic, because I catch about 2 to 10 Magic games a year, less lately because I have a 10 month old son, and my daughter is active in athletics so I get less free time for Magic games.
I went to school at FSU. Only betas go to Gainesville and only criminals go to University of Miami.

Dims are just confused that someone would actually paid their debts

izu7NVc.gif

I don't know how big a deal this is but it is something that requires attention.

The vast majority of the debt was for National's tickets. And they weren't just for him. They were apparently for 3rd parties as well. And despite racking up and keeping said debt on the books for some time, he managed to suddenly pay it off at once (as opposed to paying it off every season).

People might say "He chose paid off his debt to help his nomination possibility" but his financial disclosures don't suggest that he has the discretionary capital just sitting around either. He listed $15k- $65k in assets and the debt was $60k-$200k. That's tricky math.

Maybe he tapped his retirement account and that's legit. Maybe he saved for the short term specifically to address this debt. But debt and financial management is one of the things that they look at when nominating judges. And if he racked up the debt buying season tickets for other people, why? It's the type of thing that we're supposed to kick the tires on before assigning someone to a job for life where he will be making decisions that could have significant financial impact on the people he engages.

I don't know how big a deal this is but it is something that requires attention.

The vast majority of the debt was for National's tickets. And they weren't just for him. They were apparently for 3rd parties as well. And despite racking up and keeping said debt on the books for some time, he managed to suddenly pay it off at once (as opposed to paying it off every season).

People might say "He chose paid off his debt to help his nomination possibility" but his financial disclosures don't suggest that he has the discretionary capital just sitting around either. He listed $15k- $65k in assets and the debt was $60k-$200k. That's tricky math.

Maybe he tapped his retirement account and that's legit. Maybe he saved for the short term specifically to address this debt. But debt and financial management is one of the things that they look at when nominating judges. And if he racked up the debt buying season tickets for other people, why? It's the type of thing that we're supposed to kick the tires on before assigning someone to a job for life where he will be making decisions that could have significant financial impact on the people he engages.

It's awfully suspicious at least.

Man with less assets than me pays down 200K in debt in one shot... ok.

It seems awfully strange to me that he's 53 and he only has up to 65K in declarable assets.

It seems incredibly strange for a supreme court level justice to have less assets than some of the hourlies at my job.

So he used his credit card to fix his house, and buy season tickets for friends... then he paid it off as his friends paid him back. Even this absurd news story acknowledges they aren't aware of how much was for tickets and how much was for upgrades to his house. It's pretty unfortunate that this is how some of the media chooses to spin / twist a story to try and put out a hit piece on this guy.

I mean... the site is called deadspin

This from a person who supports a President who never pays his debts or workers, you really can't make up the level of hypocrisy.

Well @QueefQueef, at least I am supporting a President.

tenor.gif

Enjoy the political wilderness ;)

I didn't know you had to have good credit to be a judge.

It's awfully suspicious at least.

Man with less assets than me pays down 200K in debt in one shot... ok.

It seems awfully strange to me that he's 53 and he only has up to 65K in declarable assets.

It seems incredibly strange for a supreme court level justice to have less assets than some of the hourlies at my job.

The house isn't included in his assets and it was refi'd for over $800k. So he might house rich but cash poor. He also has a government retirement account that's not included.

In that regard, it's a standard middle class federal employee profile. All of their money in their house and their government retirement program. Which is also why the debt for Nat's tickets should make people pay attention. It's an unnecessary debt for someone with limited financial flexibility. It might be innocent but you don't want a justice with bad money management because they could compromise themselves.

The house isn't included in his assets and it was refi'd for over $800k. So he might house rich but cash poor. He also has a government retirement account that's not included.

In that regard, it's a standard middle class federal employee profile. All of their money in their house and their government retirement program. Which is also why the debt for Nat's tickets should make people pay attention. It's an unnecessary debt for someone with limited financial flexibility. It might be innocent but you don't want a justice with bad money management because they could compromise themselves.

That makes more sense if they aren't counting his house and stuff, but it still smells.

Am I missing something? It’s apparent to me the OP is being sarcastic. Yet posters are acting like this is the end of this dude

Just LOL

He shouldn't have done that. It was the wrong thing to do.

Very poor judgement.

Back