Recent fights/results/news from Europe

in my opinion it wasnt a knockdown, but petro clearly and easily outworked Allazov
have to watch the round one to see the "knockdown again anyways,watch the fan footage only.

in my opinion it wasnt a knockdown, but petro clearly and easily outworked Allazov

I love PEtrosyan, but I have to agree here. Even the very first round was very close, but the not legitimate knock down gives it to Petrosyan and the other rounds Allazov was hitting more, hitting harder, effectiver and also being more active. the head of Allazov was annoying tho:p

Round 1 I had Chingiz up until Petro scored a flash knockdown which I think shouldn't of been a knockdown. Chingiz landed a punch which was better than the punch petro knocked Chingiz down with but you have to score it for petro because the ref called it a knockdown

Round 2 was close but gave it to Chingiz. He was more active.

Round 3 close round again but gave it to Petro.

Round 4 for Petro again. Still pretty close. Its kinda hard to score because Chingiz is constantly responding to petro by throwing a load irrelevant flashy kicks and I'm sure some are scoring but they are doing little damage. Some of his low kicks look like slaps LOL. He needs to put more power into them by then again that may effect his speed which is an issue against someone like Petro.

Round 5 I give to Chingiz. Once again he was a bit more active.

Close fight but I give Petro a slight edge

Whilst watching the fight I couldn't help but think how Yodwicha would of looked in there since he was petros original opponent. I think Petro may of outpointed him in the first couple rounds then Yodwicha might of thought F it and gone beast mode in the clinch. Even if he got a point deduction and lost a decision I think he would rough up and bully petro in there. Maybe even a slight chance of finishing him by pulling petros head down and throwing a high knee. I now wanna see the fight even more.

Also (and im sorry I always bring him up). I don't get how some of the same people who call sittichai boring call Petro entertaining. It doesn't make sense to me. Even if you think Petro is more entertaining hes only slightly more entertaining. There's not a big different between those 2 when it comes to entertainment value. In this fight he was meh.

I think the end result was right, but it was a hell of a lot closer of a fight than the score cards and commentary would lead you to believe. Great battle, which is what I expected. Chingiz gave Petro one of the hardest fights of his career.

I think the end result was right, but it was a hell of a lot closer of a fight than the score cards and commentary would lead you to believe. Great battle, which is what I expected. Chingiz gave Petro one of the hardest fights of his career.
Commentary? You speak Russian? That's the only commentary I heard unless there's a new vid out.

Commentary? You speak Russian? That's the only commentary I heard unless there's a new vid out.
Watching the official English stream last night it was Goldberg and Big John calling the fight. Big John seemed to actually know a lot about kickboxing, talking about great wins Chingiz has had and stuff like that.

Watching the official English stream last night it was Goldberg and Big John calling the fight. Big John seemed to actually know a lot about kickboxing, talking about great wins Chingiz has had and stuff like that.
yeah I muted them after round 3 up to that point they did nothing but suck off Petro besides in the 2nd or 3rd when Allazov whiffed on a left high kick BJM acknowledged it. Even when Chingiz was landing they ignored it just to talk how great Petro is. there was no time at all where I thought Mike Goldberg knew wtf he was talking about and BJM knew just enough not to sound as bad as Goldberg. they literally ignored all of Allazov's kicking and praised Petro on blocked or missed punches.

I just watched the tape delayed Bellator Kickboxing 10 card on Paramount Network since I was busy with the UFC yesterday. Even though it's only a quarterly special feature, it's nice to see Bellator featuring a high level fight like this. It was pretty clear to me that was a legitimate knockdown in round 1- Petro caught Allazov right on the top of the head and dropped him. I thought Petrosyan won the fight, although it was much more competitive than the 10-9 scoring system would lead one to believe if you just read the scorecards after the fact. Gabriel Varga stopping Kevin Ross in round 1 was quite unexpected too.

It should be mentioned that Gaston looked fantastic in that card. He's got a lot of tools to work with.

It should be mentioned that Gaston looked fantastic in that card. He's got a lot of tools to work with.
He's fun to watch, but was more entertaining in muay thai when he fought in Lion Fight and in Bellator MMA now since he can use his favorite technique spinning elbows.

Golden Fighter: Romania vs. China 2 event in Mamaia, Romania at the Black Sea resort, probably in association again with Wu Lin Feng (WLF).

Both Andrei and Bogdan Stoica are on the card confirmed.

Possibly all Adrian Maxim, Adrian Mitu and Alex Filip.

Golden Fighter Romania vs. Bulgaria in Varna, Bulgaria was broadcast on Henan TV in China.

Andrei Stoica vs. Clyde Brunswijk
Bogdan Stoica vs. Hao Guanghua II

36283151_2075537716021772_8223829084312961024_n.jpg

Last edited:
Colosseum and Dynamite are the busiest, Superkombat will probably return with events in association in Poland and Germany (DSF) but they have been busy with Superfilm.

One of the best Romanian young prospects have been also in action this month. Mihăilă is working with boxing legend Leonard Dorin (I am sure soon or later he will confirm as Glory fighter), while Pattvean (19 years old) is one of the best talents ever at Respect Gym Găești. He will be at least better than Ristea there. Pattvean already went extra-round (maybe won) against Anghel Cardoș who fought in Glory recently, and that was last year.

Very skilful and talented fighters for their age...

Random question for Dutch speakers; does Cor Hemmers have a regional accent or does he just have a really distinct voice?

Back