Running best cardio rebuilder?

thank you for being open minded i thought you were going to say some really mean choice words at me .. can you send me the link of alex vida saying that ?

as far as improving your cardio fitness when i took a personal trainer class the guy muscle heads said they would rather sleep in a barn than swim in a pool .i pulled my **ing knee the because this gay guy tried to get close to me i hate swimming i hate it i got to pass a lifeguard test . most poeple on sherdog they know that it it just helps your muscles soothen lat flare got mad at me and said its a good warm up before weighting lifting .. its horrible before lifting or even calestinetics .. its not even a good cool down because by the time you get to the pool deck your heart is pumping so fast that you could slip and fall
its good to cool down for like 5 minutes or 10 min then swim and release muscle tissue .. dude just talking about swimming for cardio is making my typing flunky .. DONT DO IT FOR CARDIO do it for 1) rehab 2) stretching 3) and smooth muscle .. like someone said you could be a horrible rope-skipper and get better cardio out of that
What is smooth muscle?

I run a 22min 5k and a sub 45min 10k but I played an hour of 5-a-side soccer recently and it absolutely ruined me, I suck at sprinting.

I run a 22min 5k and a sub 45min 10k but I played an hour of 5-a-side soccer recently and it absolutely ruined me, I suck at sprinting.

Guy I know spent a year training in Thailand. The camps he trained at were fanatical about roadwork. They used to run 6 days a week. He told me when he returned to Scotland he could easily run 8 miles inside an hour. But 10 minutes hard rolling in BJJ wrecked him.

By the time he was awarded his Blue Belt in BJJ, he said that he could roll hard for almost an hour, but could barely run for a bus:D

A lot of cardio doesn't have as much carryover as people expect/want

I run a fair bit (30-35 miles a week) and can do 8mph but I'am nowhere near as good on the bike as I would expect even with quite powerful legs compared to the average cyclist.

Also with running people say it wrecks your body, I have found if you have a suitable pair of trainers and build up the frequency/intensity/distance sensibly you greatly reduce the chances of injury

I’ve not been doing much for almost a year now, but what would you advise for fast stamina rebuilding?

I recently started running a little over 1.5 miles every 2 days (don’t have that much time since i’m in my exams). I don’t time my laps either

So any suggestions for extra stamina boosting?

I lift 5-6 days a week and always finish with a 1.5 mile run, so I'm biased toward saying running is best for cardio simply because it works for me. Running just seems like the most natural form of cardio for humans, but you have to pick something you enjoy and that you will stick to. No joint pain and you have no problem finishing your run? Then I would say stick with it.

I like running but I'm partial to cycling because I used to work at a bike shop and sold bicycles to a lot of ex runners whose joints were shot. One of them said his doctor explained it like this: "your joints are kind of like tire tread and you have a finite amount. Once it's worn out, that's it."

Cycling, being non-impact, allowed them to get the endorphin rush they were addicted to without hurting their joints.

I like running but I'm partial to cycling because I used to work at a bike shop and sold bicycles to a lot of ex runners whose joints were shot. One of them said his doctor explained it like this: "your joints are kind of like tire tread and you have a finite amount. Once it's worn out, that's it."

Cycling, being non-impact, allowed them to get the endorphin rush they were addicted to without hurting their joints.

That's why I prefer Hill Repeats. The angle of the hill reduces the impact on one's joints. There's a 250 meter beast right next to my house. Gives me a great workout and my knees feel fine afterwards.

That's why I prefer Hill Repeats. The angle of the hill reduces the impact on one's joints. There's a 250 meter beast right next to my house. Gives me a great workout and my knees feel fine afterwards.
Grass and dirr helps too. Concrete is the worst

Back