Can someone explain to me what Conor is doing? Wasting his prime years on the couch.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We've seen it again and again, lighter weight fighters tend to fall out of their prime in their early 30's.

We aren't talking about Heavyweights here, Conor and his peers will not still be world champions at 40, it simply doesn't happen. The smaller you are the more speed matters, reflexes matter, and we have seen that the younger guys at these weights tend to do well compared to the old dogs.

Conor has made a lot of cash, but these long periods of inactivity are going to cost him inside the cage.

What excuse has he really got to be completely injury-free and take 2 whole years off? He fights in the two most stacked divisions in MMA, he'll be 31 in a year, needs to be careful in my humble opinion.

Thoughts?

Ducking, because he has loads of cash, doesnt need to fight, and is vastly overrated.

He's conserving his health cause he's smart. Why fight like Shogun and get paid like Shogun when you can fight like Conor and get paid like Conor.

What are you doing TS?

Still posting about Conor

He is doing what-ever he wants. Sitting back and enjoying is aura that has surrounded him due to the false perception his fans and casuals have of him being the best P4P fighter today. If he fights he puts all that at risk and he is already filthy rich so why bother rushing anything.

I think he might be the best self-promoter to ever step foot in the octagon.

He got in, played the game better than anyone in MMA ever has, milked the sport for what he could, got wealthy beyond his wildest dreams and then bounced.

I don’t particularly care either way for him as a person, but damn if his fights weren’t big events. I literally have every Boxing / MMA PPV on at 3/4/5am in the U.K., I have people over and we make a night of it. When Conor was fighting Mendes, Aldo, Diaz (x2), Alvarez, Mayweather - I had casuals crawling out of the woodwork to come over - it was a monumental event.

Now he can live off the interest alone, plus his sponsorships, endorsements, business endeavours etc.

His fame in Ireland alone means he will never have to work a day for the rest of his life.

Good on him, most fighters who provide me with that kind of entertainment end up with CTE, or washed up and broke.

It's pretty obvious he is only going to move for substantial amounts of money.

Well that or slapping Artem apparently.

I can't stand the dork. but the fact that he's doing "nothing" is annoying as an mma fan,. but I get it. he's a multi-millionaire enjoying the shit out of his money. he's got a baby. spending time with his fam too. I get it.

Dana made him rich and he's ducking legit contenders

Enjoying his riches. A lot of fighters would cash out if they made that kind of money. Not a fan of it, but I don't blame him.

He had the opportunity to fight Mayweather and make a ton of cash, and has the luxury to take time off and spend time with his family. No fighter and I mean no body would have turned those options down. People don't realize he fought Mendes, Aldo, Nate x2, and Eddie within a year and fourth months.. Worked his ass off and proved people wrong. Now he's rich and enjoying the fruits of his labour.

Don't worry though, he will be back later this year to prove people wrong again.

Edit: Not to mention he did all this with taking minimal damage, especially compared to most popular and super successful fighters.

Last edited:
Back