GSP on Rogan: Nailed it talking on Intermittent fasting

The good thing is that you dont need to fast 7 days at week. Some say you can get away with most of the benefits doing it 5 times at week. I personally pick 1 day at week when Im not restricted to eat the shit I like and not going crazy. Not that I dont enjoy eating clean but I love some junk food here and there.

Headaches never happened to me. Working out I feel better specially when Im doing Kickboxing and never heard anything about caffeine.... luckly, I fucking love coffee.
If it can be cycled then that improves the lifestyle entirely.

I'm trying for a 24 hr fast and am feeling really restless like I want to eat something.

It’s sounds so easy that most think it’s no problem until they try it and realize they snack constantly. I was never a big overweight guy so I’ve had amazing results with just a 14 hour fast and a 10 hour eating window. I have cut way down on refined sugar and flour too, so I’m sure that has helped.

Pretty sure that cutting out sugar and flour is the most important part of your diet.

Intermittent fasting is incredibly easy if you just learn to skip breakfast and not eat til 12. That gives you all day to eat and not screw it up because friends asked you to eat outside of your window. Also leaves room for drinking.

Can you have black coffee while IF or just water?

I think there's a bit of a divide on this one. I would say no since coffee has substances in it that must be metabolized after you've drank it.

I think there's a bit of a divide on this one. I would say no since coffee has substances in it that must be metabolized after you've drank it.

There seems to be some divide indeed, but personally I've not noticed anything irt coffee. I think a post above provides a link to a study which shows that coffee actually has benefits for IF and fasting.

coffee + cream/half half/milk is fine

in the 5+ years Ive been doing this, dont notice a single difference when I drink/dont drink coffee

I moved into the office recently, and probably will take up intermittent fasting once a week just to slash my body fat.

I have tried the 16/8 2 times this week and while I usually am very skeptical of these things this is phenomenal.

Too early to tell but it seems like it fixed my digestion one the first time WTF !!

Now I feel like pushing myself more. I found 16/8 pretty easy so far.

I would wait until more research comes out because the potential for diabetes is NOT worth it!

I would wait until more research comes out because the potential for diabetes is NOT worth it!
Where did you hear that? Does IF actually have a chance of increasing diabetic risk?

If so, I'm staying away from it. My dad has diabetes so the genetics are there for me to get fucked as well

I have tried the 16/8 2 times this week and while I usually am very skeptical of these things this is phenomenal.

Too early to tell but it seems like it fixed my digestion one the first time WTF !!

Now I feel like pushing myself more. I found 16/8 pretty easy so far.
I make tons of poo now !!!
Where did you hear that? Does IF actually have a chance of increasing diabetic risk?

If so, I'm staying away from it. My dad has diabetes so the genetics are there for me to get fucked as well
No way !!
The "recomended" diet by many doctors puts you in more diabetes risk.

IF combined with 6 TBL spoons of coconut oil a day and sufficient training and exercise has helped me lose 22 pounds in 2 months.

I tried 20/4, too.

That one is more complicated to implement in terms of logistics and supplies.

Not sure it's so easy to get ~ 2500-3000 healthy calories in in 4 hours.

I like the idea, though.

Back