Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Holy crap. I thought LEO’s were exempt from AWB’s? Even my shitty state gives them free reign.
Only if we have an Assault Weapon Letter signed by our chief of police. Even then when you retire you have to give it to the department or move out of state.

It's not like Primary Arms makes junk either.
Exactly.

I am a Vortex fan boy MOSTLY because of that crazy awesome lifetime no matter what as long as we can roast you on the internet warranty they have.

The stuff from Primary Arms though? If dude's like GarandThumb and others give it the thumbs up who am I to argue?

I remember when I first got in guns I was super sad/annoyed I couldn't afford AimPoint or EOTech and was running Vortex. Now, with the exception of my MRO I got on sale and the Leupold that came with my hunting rifle I think all my guns will run Vortex just for the price to quality ratio you get from them.

It's my primary home defense weapon,not a range toy, thus I want duty grade.

I don't think holosun makes junk and acutally like the one they have that has the circle dot reticle.
I still say take a look at the Vortex AR SPARC. It's not AimPoint price but it comes with the Vortex lifetime warranty.

There's plenty of stories of guy's losing a Razor HD scope or a Viper PST to like a house fire or it falling out of a bag to be lost for a full year before being found and Vortex replaced them

I still say take a look at the Vortex AR SPARC. It's not AimPoint price but it comes with the Vortex lifetime warranty.

There's plenty of stories of guy's losing a Razor HD scope or a Viper PST to like a house fire or it falling out of a bag to be lost for a full year before being found and Vortex replaced them

Thumbs up on the SPARC.

Also looking at swapping the pdw brace for an sba3.

Got a lantac ect1 gen 1 from a buddy for my shorty. What a great trigger. Love that thing. It's by far my favorite gun now.

Also looking at swapping the pdw brace for an sba3.

Got a lantac ect1 gen 1 from a buddy for my shorty. What a great trigger. Love that thing. It's by far my favorite gun now.

Yeah CMC makes a pretty nice trigger. Triggers are 100% the best upgrade for a AR imo.

Yeah CMC makes a pretty nice trigger. Triggers are 100% the best upgrade for a AR imo.

I agree. This one feels great, I can't imagine the new lantac trigger if this one feels this good.

Thanks for the optic recommendationd all btw.

I agree. This one feels great, I can't imagine the new lantac trigger if this one feels this good.

Thanks for the optic recommendationd all btw.

I haven't felt the new Rise Armament (lantac) trigger but as far as single stage triggers Elftmann has been by far my favorite, light, absolutely zero detectable movement before a crisp glass rod break, minimal overtravel and short tactile reset.

Geissele imo leaves everyone in the dust as far as 2 stage triggers are concerned.

I'm going to preface this by saying I prefer and only own single stage triggers. That being said I shot my buddies geissele national match and prefer the lantac. He may not have it adjusted as best as can be adjusted though.

Haven't gotten to shoot an elftman yet though. I want to for sure.

I actually wanted a geissele Super dynamic 3 gun ,but got this lantac as a gift. It's great I don't see a reason to change it at all.

I like this lantac better than the basic cmc single stage also.

By the way I really like the idea of a 24 inch barrel 224 Grendel. It's a badass round so far. To bad there's no factory ammo.....

I'm going to preface this by saying I prefer and only own single stage triggers. That being said I shot my buddies geissele national match and prefer the lantac. He may not have it adjusted as best as can be adjusted though.

Haven't gotten to shoot an elftman yet though. I want to for sure.

I actually wanted a geissele Super dynamic 3 gun ,but got this lantac as a gift. It's great I don't see a reason to change it at all.

I like this lantac better than the basic cmc single stage also.

Yeah you can adjust basically everything, maybe he set it up goofy.

Imo the Hi-Speed is amazing but better suited for precision or hunting. I guess you could tune it for more tactical set up but I would basically just try to mimic the SSA-E/SD-E and get it slightly better with some tuning/tinkering. But for the extra $ and time spent I would rather just get SD-E.

The SD-3 is more for speed, has a rolling break.

My Hi-Speed NM is roughly at a 1.5# first stage, .5# second stage. Sear engagement is very minimal. I set a somewhat long over travel as I didn't want to hit that over travel "wall" quickly. I think it's incredible.

I'm in love with two-stage triggers for now. Hard to imagine going back to single-stage.

Back