PBP UFC on FOX 30: Alvarez vs. Poirier II - PBP Discussion - 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UK

Just like Fedor, Conor has beaten everyone and has nothing to prove.

except he didn't, nor did he ever defend his belt. He is nothing like Fedor except that his fights are generally exciting, I give him that.

You think Stephens really believed he was title fight material?

If so: that's fucking adorable

I don't think he showed too much respect. He probably would have faired best just wearing out Aldo for 5 minutes then outboxing him. But he's not wired that way. Hated the stoppage - usually fighters get to work through stuff. This was a weak hammerfist to the left titty. Not exactly closing the show. If that is the threat, I think that doing nothing at all *is* intelligently defending yourself. Gotta feel happy for Aldo though. He fights with feels and prolly would have gone into a sorrow spiral had he lost. Jeremy will just go knock someone else out and be fine.
As soon as he turned into the turtle position the ref was like "eh you going to stay here or try to get out, guess not"

DP should easily take this

DUSTIN POIRIER VIA DECISION.
POTENTIAL FIGHT OF THE YEAR INCOMING. .

Way fucking early he was recovering and still had an arm + moving....that was fucking terrible. I would have agreed with stopping it after he was dropped and took a few shots...but not when it did....fucking shit ref....corrupt stoppage.
Yea man, totally agree. Pisses me off when the ref messes with the fight like that. It leaves a huge question mark.

Stephens was definitely recovering from that liver shot. The Gnp by Aldo wasn't fight ending. Stephens was still in the fight.

Before the fight I thought that Aldo would make a mistake staying in the short distance to trade with a very, very heavy hitter like Stephens.
In the first minute, Aldo took several hard punches, and in the end he finished the fight with a brutal bodyshot.
Not many FWs would be able to trade with Stephens as Aldo did tonight.

His hands were not on his head...he had one holding Aldos arm the other on his head blocking shots...terrible stoppage, feel bad for stephens and I am not even a fan of his...he was screwed.

Since when do fights get stopped when the person is intelligently defending himself?
I didn’t see that. From the replay I saw Stephens was just turtled up. If that’s not the case then I agree that it was premature. However, it didn’t seem that way

You knew this one was coming

giphy.gif

Aldo did say he would hit him and he would sit down. Pretty much what hapoened. Mystic Aldo. He predict deez things.

52629-1457312.png

Main card saved me so far. Can't believe my girl Randa still didn't pull it out for me.

Back