Jon Jones or Fedor: Who has the better 10 names on their resume?

Who am I to argue a purist! On second thought, shut the fuck up. Next time you attempt to shame ones intelligence I recommend applying critical thought to your attack. I noticed you have gone after a few people claiming some sort of bias and or simply attacking the idea that someone may have a better top 10 than Fedor, you do realize that you have displayed the same bias right?

With that said, I was right
If you are screaming "shut the fuck up" then you've lost the argument. My opinion is my opinion. My "critical thinking" tells me that just because someone beats another fighter doesn't mean that he takes all of the fighter's other victories. In Fedor's prime, he beat a lot of greats. Either former greats or guys who would go on to be great and greats during his time. Fedor just beat Mir, does that mean that Fedor also beat brock via leg-lock? Fedor beat Noguiera and Noguiera went on to become a UFC champ, does that mean Fedor was a UFC champ? MMA math for dummies.

Now, you think that jones is the "goat" and then we go back and forth with our reasoning.

That's how it works. We are all biased and I am particularly biased against guys who cut weight and guys who juice.

My list has Fedor 1st, BJ Penn 2nd and you can pick the rest....

Take DC off Jon Jones list as Jon admitted to roiding in both those fights
Screenshot_20180712-115037.png

DC alone is better than any of Fedors wins

and he beat him twice <JonesLaugh>

Prime or not, to go 10 years undefeated in a division jon jones wouldn't even dream of competing in "until the right opponent" comes along, is incredible. He fought everyone they put in front of him, period. He didn't cut weight or duck anyone. Everyone talks about how crappy the UFC heavyweight division has been for a while but that didn't help push jones into the division to really test himself, did it?
Everyone put in front of him sure. This is about the better resume, look at it objectively. Jones is better and he did it in a time when LHW was solid. Fedor refuses to evole and fight in the UFC but his fans are ready to blow him. It could could be argued HW is the weakest division historically, so why mention weight classes? Fedor was ko’d by a MW and fed his lunch by a guy that should be a MW in Maldonado.

Jones fought a steadier stream of better competition.... deal with it Fedorists.

I don't believe I am the only one that would remember Big Nog that way when he was pride champ. In 2004 He had a Granite chin, serviceable stand up and legitimate skills in BJJ. DC has come a long way in his stand up and would be stronger on the inside than 2004 Nog however I believe Fedor hits harder than DC and he couldn't KO Nog, DC would then take him down and I don't see Nog overcoming that with his takedown defence however I believe once on the ground Nog would be stronger. It would either be a decision to DC or Submission/KO/Decision to Nog, I just see more ways that 2004 Nog can win over 2018 DC.

As an aside, no need to get worked up over a discussion, happy to see your viewpoint if you care to explain it rather than getting flustered. Convince me why you believe he doesn't compare favourably otherwise accept that I have a different opinion to you and let it go.
lol dude just stop. Nog standup was pretty average, not even close to Dc level.
call me back when nog knockout someone like miocic on feet

I don't believe I am the only one that would remember Big Nog that way when he was pride champ.

I remember Big Nog too and at no point during his best was he better than DC.

Jones, Fedors win over CC is bigger than Gus though.

I remember Big Nog too and at no point during his best was he better than DC.

All good, thanks for the decent reply this time.
I got into watching MMA as Nog was on a tear so rose coloured glasses possibly shape my opinion.

at one time Ken Shamrock was the baddest man on the planet. The sport has evolved.
Ye, Lewis, Ngannou, Volkov and Tybura totally outevolved Schilt.

But anyway, it does not really matter. Fedor was fighting in his own time and era, he was not waiting for DeLorean time machine and opinions of distant future forum posters.
And Schilt was Top 10 ranked fighter then, and it is the same as if someone beats Top 10 ranked fighter today.

Last edited:
Jones it’s not really comparable but since he’s been busted for PED’s it’s rather void

Ye, Lewis, Ngannou, Volkov and Tybura totally outevolved Schilt.

But anyway, it does not really matter. Fedor was fighting in his own time and era, he was not waiting for DeLorean time machine and opinions of distant future forum posters.
And Schilt was Top 10 ranked fighter then, and it is the same as if someone beats Top 10 ranked fighter today.

Brendan Schaub would of smoked Schilt with ease and he's never been top 10. Everyone you mentioned would destroy Schilt. Kickboxing is so overrated look at Saki and Schilling, both got KTFO by guys that weren't even elite strikers. Hell Schilling got KTFO in his own sport by a low level mma fighter. V

Chael at #10? I'd probably put even Brandon Vera there instead.

Everyone put in front of him sure. This is about the better resume, look at it objectively. Jones is better and he did it in a time when LHW was solid. Fedor refuses to evole and fight in the UFC but his fans are ready to blow him. It could could be argued HW is the weakest division historically, so why mention weight classes? Fedor was ko’d by a MW and fed his lunch by a guy that should be a MW in Maldonado.

Jones fought a steadier stream of better competition.... deal with it Fedorists.
You are close but no cigar, my friend. Fedor consistently fought in a division where one shot can put you away. jones has consistently DUCKED this division. You say that Fedor refused to "evolve" and fight in the UFC but Fedor defeated all UFC champions that he faced, including only a 1 fight removed Sylvia and Arlovski. This was in his prime. He had already been through 10 years of wars against roided beasts. So, that the mileage added up and he eventually lost to a guy that came in and destroyed the UFC's "Cain is the greatest ever" mantra still counts for something.

Also, you talk about the heavyweight division being "historically weak" but why do you see "great fighters", like jones, starving and dehydrating themselves to avoid it like the plague if that division is a cake walk?

Finally, Fedor was TKO'd by a heavyweight, in Henderson, and had a rough go against another heavyweight in Maldonado. The fact that they can cut weight to duck divisions doesn't make them what they are. You can fit your size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe but that doesn't make you a size 8. In regards to Henderson, however, do you think that without the TRT he still has the power and stamina to beat Fedor?

giphy.gif

Jesus Christ how delusional do you have to be to favour Big Nog over DC, let alone in the standup department.
You must have only watched "UFC Noguiera" where he was a shell of his former self and still managed to win UFC gold.

My GSP or Anderson Silva resume thread went well so I figured I’d try this one out. Let’s keep this clean gentlemen.

Fedor
  1. Big Nog x2 UD,UD (1 NC in three fights)
  2. Cro Cop UD
  3. Tim Sylvia SUB
  4. Andrei Arvloski KO
  5. Mark Coleman x2 SUB,SUB
  6. Mark Hunt SUB
  7. Kevin Randleman SUB
  8. Heath Herring TKO
  9. Frank Mir KO
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral UD

Jon Jones
  1. Daniel Cormier x2 UD,KO(NC)
  2. Alexander Gustafsson UD
  3. Shogun Rua TKO
  4. Rashad Evans UD
  5. Rampage Jackson SUB
  6. Lyoto Machida SUB
  7. Glover Teixera UD
  8. Ryan Bader SUB
  9. TRT 205 Belfort SUB
  10. Chael Sonnen TKO

Some interesting side notes

-Zero common opponents until Fedor vs Sonnen happens this year

-Both have a 10 year period where neither suffered a legitimate loss (Jon’s streak still active)

-Both won their first major title during their 3rd year as a professional.

I thought it would be easier to pick 10 names for Fedor but realized their are so many squash matches littering his W/L record. It became a bit difficult picking names after the top 5. I think Jon Jones has the better top names and overall resume due to him fighting the best available #1 contenders consistently (aside from sonnen). Plus DC is more skilled than anyone Fedor has beaten.

Who do you think has the more impressive resume?

Jones. Although I wish Fedor and Jones would fight each other, so we'd see who's better.

Lol Ogawa had like 5 mma fights when Fedor beat him. Much like many of Fedors opponents.

So Brock Lesnar had only 3 MMA fights before meeting Randy Couture and winning the UFC HW belt. So what's the point you're trying to make?

I'm.so sick of sherdog shitting all over juiced to the gills late 30's mark Coleman. He was an absolute beast back then. He had a solid chin and probably the best top control in the sport for a good period of time. I'm like 100% positive every opponent he faced feared his takedowns and GNP. Fedor might have been the only guy who wasnt. The two wins over Coleman now seem like a joke because the late ufc version Of Coleman was awful, highlighted by that dazzleing gif of him shadow boxing, but primed juiced Coleman was a scary dude.
he wasn't much of an active fighter. how do you measure him back then when he didn't really have any wins against other top fighters.

Back