Sessions Announces Religious Liberty Task Force

helltoupee

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sessions made the announcement at a Religious Liberty Summit, which was backed by Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF)

Founded in 1994 as the Alliance Defense Fund, the ADF is a legal advocacy and organizing coalition for Christian nationalists that has been aggressive in pushing for a decidedly unequal definition of religious liberty. The ADF believes not only that America was founded as a Christian nation, but also that religious conservatives like themselves must save America from moral decline. Sessions and the Trump administration’s ties to the ADF are well-known — in 2017, Sessions consulted the ADF while drafting new DOJ guidance on how to interpret federal religious liberty protections.

The ADF seems particularly focused on limiting the liberty of LGBT Americans, however. In his 2003 book “The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principle Threat to Religious Freedom Today,” former ADF president Alan Sears accused fellow Americans who advocated for marriage equality of a secret agenda to “lead young men and women into homosexual behavior.” In Sears’ conspiracy theory, gay marriage is part of a larger plot to silence conservative Christians.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...list-ncna895941?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

I love this argument that LGBT should have no special protections under the law because biologically we are born either male or female. Well guess what, biologically we are not born with a belief in Abrahamic religions, does this mean we should rid ourselves of religious discrimination protections as well?

churchstate.jpg

It appears that Odin has become bored and wishes for his Valkyries to have something to do again.

arboasgardride.jpg

About time. A necessary and perspicacious move. Christians are the most persecuted group in the world, by far. The intolerance and hostility towards Christians has become even in western countries a problem. The left absolutely do hate Christians, even more than Trump.

For a more "complete" post it's pretty well known/seen where I stand political in this subforum.

That said, the Christian bullshit of going after homosexuals and other non-straight people drives me fucking nuts. People love who they love, what goddamn difference does it fucking matter?

Add to that that the Romans and the Greeks were well known to sleep with basically anything that had two legs and a heartbeat (in the case of crazies like Caligula four legs sometimes too) and the only reason I can think of those passages showing up in the Bible and other holy books for Abrahamic Religions is they were pissed that same team fuckers killed their prophets.

That said, the Christian bullshit of going after homosexuals and other non-straight people drives me fucking nuts. People love who they love, what goddamn difference does it fucking matter?

wtf are you talking about?

There is gay persecution in Christian dominated countries? where? could you please name one specific example?

If you want to protect gay rights, I would start with Islam.

There is gay persecution in Christian dominated countries? where? could you please name one specific example?

Russian is a Christian country right?

Jeff Civil Forfeiture Sessions is one of the worst people on earth.

plz name one case of an official persecution by the Russian gov
Maybe that law they passed where they made it out and out written on a piece of fucking paper ILLEGAL to be homosexual? You know, that one.

You don't need to be throwing gay people off the roofs of buildings to be persecuting them.

Not a country perse but.....

I get the Top Gear guys push the envelope and who knows how true this is but given they showed their run out of Patagonia for a license plate they didn't even choose that somehow the numbers people thought referenced the Falkland War I wouldn't be surprised if the Alabama chase wasn't real either.

Once upon a time there was a bakery...:D

The evangelical right would have this country ruled under a Christian equivalent of sharia law if they have their way. Looks like step 1 to me.

Theres already people in Congress that think you shouldn't serve if you don't swear on a bible.

It's amazing how the GOP and evangelicals are able to rule and ruin the country despite being the minority. It reminds me of south Africa's white rule despite being the minority.

Maybe that law they passed where they made it out and out written on a piece of fucking paper ILLEGAL to be homosexual? You know, that one.

You don't need to be throwing gay people off the roofs of buildings to be persecuting them.

I get the Top Gear guys push the envelope and who knows how true this is but given they showed their run out of Patagonia for a license plate they didn't even choose that somehow the numbers people thought referenced the Falkland War I wouldn't be surprised if the Alabama chase wasn't real either.

Sorry, but you are totally misinformed. There is no such a law which persecutes you just because you are homosexual in Russia. I know you mean the anti gay propaganda law, but this is not even close to a general gay ban. I am not aware of even one case of persecution, just because you were born gay in Russia.

And yes the gay propaganda law is bad, but it is nothing in comparison to the situation in islamic countries. So why you guys always start to mock Christians instead of Muslims when it comes to gays?

The evangelical right would have this country ruled under a Christian equivalent of sharia law if they have their way. Looks like step 1 to me.

Theres already people in Congress that think you shouldn't serve if you don't swear on a bible.
We can see what happened in Turkey over the last 15 years.

Sorry, but you are totally misinformed. There is no such a law which persecutes you just because you are homosexual in Russia. I know you mean the anti gay propaganda law, but this is not even close to a general gay ban. I am not aware of even one case of persecution, just because you were born gay in Russia.

And yes the propaganda law is bad, but it is nothing in comparison to the situation in islamic countries. So why you guys always start to mock Christians instead of Muslims when it comes to gays?
DERP!!

Which law made it illegal to be gay? Paste the body of the law here. That sounds horrible.

Back