Arabs buying foreign wrestlers to represent their country

farce-of-kenyans-running-for-turkey-shown-in-comic-flag-moment-at-euro-champs.jpg
That’s not an answer. And you clearly have too much of a child like outlook on life to understand why it’s not the atrocity you think

Has been happening for years in Olympic T&F.

because when i see a Bahraini wresler compete i want them to BE from Bahrain. This is international compeition its not a mercenary club league.

and ill add USA to that list as well. All their wrestlers are American.
I never heard of this before as the only Ammy Wrasslin I watch are high level wrestlers that go into MMA (clicked the thread because it's a provocative sounding title) and though I agree with you here, at the end of the day we know that Amateur Wrestlers don't make much money, so if a bunch of oil sheikhs want to shower them in money, I support that 100%

Will someone ask him to actually explain how anything or anyone that doesn’t agree with him is “untactful disgusting behavior” he has yet to answer that question too.

I won’t comment on the “patriotism” comment. I broke that down already

What 2arctan fails to grasp is that this isn't about nationalism. It's about marketing.

Holt explained a significant part of it, which is marketing to the greater community to increase participation in sporting programs but it's more than that as well.

Turkey sponsors some outstanding runners to do well in races and hold up a Turkish flag.

That's not much different than buying ad space featuring sponsored athletes promoting your brand.

Arctan, this was never about patriotism or nationalism. It was always about money. Yeah in some of the marketing they pretended it was about patriotism but it has always only been about money.

The fame and recognition and the bragging rights are just marketing to get more money.

Marketing matters.

This is just economics.

Nations with fossil fuel money who do not have specific things (including the right athletes to compete at the world stage in specific events) spend some oil money to import what they want to get.

It's a business transaction between consenting adults.

Been watching a lot of (real) wrestling on the internet. And something that I noticed is how Qatar and Bahrain have started buying Russian wrestlers to represent them. Whats the point really? Everyone knows they are Russian. they have Russian names and look Russian. Nobody is confusing them with an Arab so whats the freaking point!? Do they think people will think they are a good wrestling nation? Unfortunately there are no rules to prevent this. Azarbaijan is another country that does the exact same thing. 70% of their medal winners for the olympics were not even from Azarbaijan. Its ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure every country does the same thing in a round about way. The US imports lots of sports talent.

ya thats right, they dont. please show an example of them doing so.

In the US, the NBA has plenty of immigrant players. Kristaps Porzingis is a good one. The MLB is like 80% Dominican with a few Japanese mixed in. The NHL imports plenty of immigrants too. And like I said, soccer has a crazy amount of guys playing for countries other than their own. What are you on?

In the US, the NBA has plenty of immigrant players. Kristaps Porzingis is a good one. The MLB is like 80% Dominican with a few Japanese mixed in. The NHL imports plenty of immigrants too. And like I said, soccer has a crazy amount of guys playing for countries other than their own. What are you on?

im talking about Iran, Cuba

im talking about Iran, Cuba

Sorry, I was responding the the wrong thing. I said "every" country. In reality what I should have said is that many countries import their best players. But you're right. Not every country does it.

This is different. The USA doesnt have guys from Croatia or Nigeria representing them at the Olympics in basketball. There has been only 2 wrestlers that were born in another country compete for us in a Championship. Obe Blanc moved here as a baby, made the team, failed a drug test. Faruk Sahin moved here young, joined the army, wrestled in a world championship or two, also failed a drug test. Ildar Hafizov moved here, joined the army, made 1 team but didnt place. NONE of these guys had to be paid for; they immigrated here on their own with no help from USA Wrestling. Cuba, India, Japan, USA, none of these countries are importing guys.

This is different. The USA doesnt have guys from Croatia or Nigeria representing them at the Olympics in basketball. There has been only 2 wrestlers that were born in another country compete for us in a Championship. Obe Blanc moved here as a baby, made the team, failed a drug test. Faruk Sahin moved here young, joined the army, wrestled in a world championship or two, also failed a drug test. Ildar Hafizov moved here, joined the army, made 1 team but didnt place. NONE of these guys had to be paid for; they immigrated here on their own with no help from USA Wrestling. Cuba, India, Japan, USA, none of these countries are importing guys.

I'm not talking wrestling. I'm talking sports in general. We don't need to import wrestlers because we're already great at it. But plenty of other countries DO import talent. All I was saying is that it's not as big a deal is OP is making it seem.

difference is that they were actually born in France and are a product of French football. little league all the way to the big league.

the athletes the arabs or turks import dont even live in the nation they are representing. dont even speak the language. there is a clear difference.

me an Arab? not in this lifetime. if i was an arab i would be far more concerned about child jockey regulations for camel racing.

and of course "buying" wrestlers????

Back