Rory won't win the WW GP. Change my mind.

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
2fm9s6.jpg

One word 'mileage'. Rory has taken some beatings lately, the only time he didn't in his last 4 fights was against Daley who has a gaping hole in his defence Rory took full advantage of. Even in victory Lima did way more damage to Rory and practically broke his leg.

If Rory doesn't pull out after receiving the beating Mousasi is about to give him, I highly doubt he'll get through this tournament of killers(unless he gets lucky and it turns out Ed Ruth isn't very good and Daley KO's his way to the finals).

If Rory does win I will give him mega props and bump this thread so you can all let me know how dumb I was for picking against him. But believe me

donald-trump-supporters-dont-know(1).gif

Rory has a lot more going against him in this fight than you may realise.

I'm of the mind he doesn't compete as Gegard is going to put the paws on him.

I see what you're saying, and somewhat agree... however I also think the only fighters who really pose a threat to him are Lima and Koreshkov. Even a diminished Rory can beat the breaks off of Fitch, Daley, MVP etc.

The real asterisk is the fight with Moose. That's a dangerous fight for anyone and it's highly likely that Rory gets fucked up even if he wins.

One things for sure though, Rory is a goddamn savage. Not many WW fighters would offer to be an alternate in the HW Grand Prix, then take a fight with Moose before entering a stacked WW Grand Prix. He's on par with the likes of Lawler in terms of just not giving a fuck. He's very old school in that regard.

I'm so glad he settled on the Red King moniker. It suits him to a tee.

Yeah i would probably have him the favorite if he wasent fighting Gegard

Hard to imagine him going 5 rounds with Mouse and winning this tourny. Best of luck to him

Edit; moose

A thing to keep in consideration to go against your logic.

Bellator has shown us with the Heavyweights that they are willing to stretch the tournament out over a ridiculously long period of time if Rory needs recovery time.

Also his first fight is with Fitch, that is someone looking to outpoint him, if you beat Fitch you don't get hurt in the process.

Ruth likely has to turn it into a wrestling match (even though he has shown so little of his wrestling so far in Bellator), he could do damage from the top on Rory, but its not likely to be a Lima like War.

So if he can stop Fitch and Ruths wrestling he has a chance to reach the finals against opponents that are probably more likely to beat him than hurt him.

Depending on when they need the Fitch fight to happen by though Moose could knock him out of the tournament before it starts.

I see what you're saying, and somewhat agree... however I also think the only fighters who really pose a threat to him are Lima and Koreshkov. Even a diminished Rory can beat the breaks off of Fitch, Daley, MVP etc.

The real asterisk is the fight with Moose. That's a dangerous fight for anyone and it's highly likely that Rory gets fucked up even if he wins.

One things for sure though, Rory is a goddamn savage. Not many WW fighters would offer to be an alternate in the HW Grand Prix, then take a fight with Moose before entering a stacked WW Grand Prix. He's on par with the likes of Lawler in terms of just not giving a fuck. He's very old school in that regard.

I'm so glad he settled on the Red King moniker. It suits him to a tee.
The Canadian Psycho!

A thing to keep in consideration to go against your logic.

Bellator has shown us with the Heavyweights that they are willing to stretch the tournament out over a ridiculously long period of time if Rory needs recovery time.

Also his first fight is with Fitch, that is someone looking to outpoint him, if you beat Fitch you don't get hurt in the process.

Ruth likely has to turn it into a wrestling match (even though he has shown so little of his wrestling so far in Bellator), he could do damage from the top on Rory, but its not likely to be a Lima like War.

So if he can stop Fitch and Ruths wrestling he has a chance to reach the finals against opponents that are probably more likely to beat him than hurt him.

Depending on when they need the Fitch fight to happen by though Moose could knock him out of the tournament before it starts.

The length of time was a factor I was considering too.

Personally, I hate how long they're drawing these tourneys out. I don't think they should be old school one night tourneys (which rarely work), but they should at least book some fights onthe same nights or on back to back cards.

Drawing them out for so damn long makes it basically impossible to build any real sense of momentum. It barely even feels like a tournament. More just a string of loosely connected fights.

I don't even get why he's in this.

Honestly, I'm hoping Neiman somehow pulls this off and wins the whole thing. Probably the most surprising outcome tbh.

I do agree though, I don't think Rory will win the tourney, but he did luck out in that he got a bracket where he matches up pretty well against every opponent.

He's for sure the favorite, so I wouldn't bet against him.

But then again, it's a tournament and anything can happen (ex. DC winning the HW as an alternate).

I don't even get why he's in this.
I keep seeing this posted, but what do you expect him to do after Moose? Wait over a year and a half for his next fight?

If they won't sign up Askren for a superfight after Moose, they need to keep him busy which means he needs to be in the tournament.

I keep seeing this posted, but what do you expect him to do after Moose? Wait over a year and a half for his next fight?

If they won't sign up Askren for a superfight after Moose, they need to keep him busy which means he needs to be in the tournament.

Why don't they have someone else fight Fitch, wait until the tournament is over, then the winner fights Rory. They could also speed the whole process up a little quicker. They should have all the opening round fights on the same card, then all the semi-finals on one card. They could do this all over the span of like 6-8 months then have the championship fight next summer.

Why don't they have someone else fight Fitch, wait until the tournament is over, then the winner fights Rory. They could also speed the whole process up a little quicker. They should have all the opening round fights on the same card, then all the semi-finals on one card. They could do this all over the span of like 6-8 months then have the championship fight next summer.

I mean I'd rather watch Rory fight 3 times in a year vs good opponents than only watching him 1 time?

I mean I'd rather watch Rory fight 3 times in a year vs good opponents than only watching him 1 time?

He's gonna get butchered by Mousasi, and then what, fight Fitch 3 months later?

They should just have Fitch fight Larkin.

He's gonna get butchered by Mousasi, and then what, fight Fitch 3 months later?

They should just have Fitch fight Larkin.

I think there is a good chance that ends up happening(pulling out after the Moose fight). But if he finds a way to get out of the Moose fight unhurt i'm all for him fighting in the tournament. Fitch is the kind of guy who won't furrher injure him and should allow him to heal while advancing.

Edit: Very unpopular thought, I don't think he should be fighting Moose. Let Moose fight Salter and Rory do the tournament.

I think there is a good chance that ends up happening(pulling out after the Moose fight). But if he finds a way to get out of the Moose fight unhurt i'm all for him fighting in the tournament. Fitch is the kind of guy who won't furrher injure him and should allow him to heal while advancing.

Edit: Very unpopular thought, I don't think he should be fighting Moose. Let Moose fight Salter and Rory do the tournament.

If they're gonna have Mousasi do a super-fight, it should be against that bum Fedor after Chael disposes of him.

Why are they making his GP fights title defenses? So he's gonna have to go through the tourney fighting 5 round fights and everyone else 3 round fights? That automatically eliminates the chance of them doing the finals and semis on the same night. This tournament is gonna drag on like the HW GP. They had the right idea with the LHW GP. they need to go back to that

Hes the most talented and most psycho fighter in the tournament.
I think he beats Mousasi then cleans out the tournament.
Rory is the best 170 right now.

Back