Dana White FIRES SHOTS on Tyron Woodley (VIDEO)

dana has never been right about anything ever fuckouttahere shill

One of the few times I side with Dana. T-Woods body of work is very respectable, but he is a whiney man. A very muscular whiney man who would fuck me up, but a whiney man nonetheless.

What exactly has Dana done that is so wrong?

White called a spade a spade, and said that Tyron's two most recent fights sucked and in fact were two of the worst title fights in UFC history. He pointed out that Woodley hardly threw any shots over the course of 50 minutes. This is all 100% accurate. Surely we should applaud the promoter for telling the truth, rather than sugarcoating it.

White accurately pointed out that Tyron's interviews and public statements tend to antagonise the fanbase, whether it's accusations of racism (towards the same fans he wants to give him money) when really everyone just resents paying money and devoting time to watching Woodley bore us all senseless, or whether it's him trying to talk up 'superfights' last year. Surely White should be applauded for acknowledging that Tyron antagonises the fanbase, rather denying it.

The UFC has given Tyron some big opportunities: a fight with Lawler at the peak of his popularity despite having sat out for 20 months, a fight at MSG, a co-main spot on Jones-DC II, etc. Very few fighters get this treatment. It's not the UFC's fault that he is too boring in the cage to catch on. I actually walked out of the room during the Maia fight.

And why should Dana be happy with a man who constantly goes out of his way to destroy the reputation of his company by implying that its leadership is racist? If Tyron didn't believe that, he could come out, clarify his remarks, and make clear that he is not suggesting the UFC is racist. He doesn't do that. He just keeps feeding the fire. If I had built a billion-dollar company I would not take kindly to someone trying to shred its reputation with immensely damaging accusations (and no evidence to support them) in order to distract from how fucking boring his own fights are.

Tyron has a victim mentality and is one of the most entitled champions in MMA history. He and Ronda have much in common.

The time for talk is over and Twood has to fight to keep his belt. Hopefully it wont be boring.

I don't think 75% the fans give a rats ass what T-Wood says. Only reason anyone is butt hurt is because he has had 3 boring fights in a row. If he knocks out Till and has a amazing showing that all changes Sunday morning. The fickle fans will jump on the Woodley band wagon like they did after he won the title. People only tend to remember your last fight. Even then most of us are to drunk to remember the next day. A lot of people just judge the fighter on what they remember in the cage.

If you keep track of the MMA media drama and TMZ then you may have some wild bias opinion. People are not booing Tyron per say. The same amount of people turned on Wonderboy after his last 3 fights . That guy toes the line. Is champion media material. Always says the right thing. He is hated with a passion now because he was labelled as a boring point fighter who does not take risks. Look at Maia. That guy says all the things a champion needs to say. He is the nicest most respectful MMA fighter on the planet. Humble as anyone. A true ambassador of the sport. Hard not to be a fan after watching even one interview. Yet the majority of people don't give a shit. They want blood. He is labelled as a wrastle humper. His style is backpacking. Most people turn the fight off if he grabs a hold of his opponent after 30 seconds and and never even see his finishes.

It is all about your last fight. That is all anyone remembers. That is how you are remembered and perceived by the media and casuals who take their word as all mighty truth and wisdom. When in reality they are all a bunch of shills who will say anything for clickbait in their story of the day. Just ask Francis Naganou. Hell Dana white is the perfect example of this. Only the hardcore remember his second to last tv interview. The casuals just remember his last and are foolish enough to take his word as truth. He is the biggest flip flopper in sports history. He will throw ya under a bus one minute and praise you the next if it means a few more ppv buys.

In this video Tyron claims that 'I don't get a fair chance' and asks whether this is because of the colour of his skin.

Please.

He got the co-main event spot on Anderson Silva's massive comeback PPV, UFC 183 (and stunk up the joint against Gastelum).

He got a title fight against a streaking and beloved Lawler despite sitting on his ass for 20 months.

He got a co-main event at the massive UFC 205, the company's debut at MSG and a card which received more mainstream media attention than almost any card in UFC history.

He briefly found himself in the Conor McGregor sweepstakes after that behind the scenes exchange at UFC 205 - and despite having a third belt to tempt Conor with couldn't leverage it into anything.

He was selected to headline UFC 209 over the infinitely more exciting and intriguing Khabib-Tony fight (which collapsed 24 hours out). He put on one of the worst title fights ever.

He got the co-main event on the massive DC-Jones II PPV (and stunk up the place in another of the worst title fights ever).

He found himself in the middle of a socio-political feud with Colby Covington that managed to encompass the WW belt, issues such as Black Lives Matter versus the police, and the President of the United States of America Donald J Trump (!!) at a time of immense national polarisation and the upcoming midterm elections this fall. And Tyron didn't insist on waiting to fight that man?!

How exactly can Tyron say 'I don't get a fair chance'?

I'll wait.

Willy-Wonka-remake-700x300.jpg

Inb4 another Tyron Woodley thread gets deleted.

In this video Tyron claims that 'I don't get a fair chance' and asks whether this is because of the colour of his skin.

Please.

He got the co-main event spot on Anderson Silva's massive comeback PPV, UFC 183 (and stunk up the joint against Gastelum).

He got a title fight against a streaking and beloved Lawler despite sitting on his ass for 20 months.

He got a co-main event at the massive UFC 205, the company's debut at MSG and a card which received more mainstream media attention than almost any card in UFC history.

He briefly found himself in the Conor McGregor sweepstakes after that behind the scenes exchange at UFC 205 - and despite having a third belt to tempt Conor with couldn't leverage it into anything.

He was selected to headline UFC 209 over the infinitely more exciting and intriguing Khabib-Tony fight (which collapsed 24 hours out).

He got the co-main event on the massive DC-Jones II PPV (and stunk up the place).

He found himself in the middle of a socio-political feud with Colby Covington that managed to encompass the WW belt, issues such as Black Lives Matter versus the police, and the President of the United States of America Donald J Trump (!!) at a time of immense national polarisation and the upcoming midterm elections this fall. And Tyron didn't insist on waiting to fight that man?!

How exactly can Tyron say 'I don't get a fair chance'?

I'll wait.

Willy-Wonka-remake-700x300.jpg

You missed the best line of the song:

I'm raising Black sons in White America.

Powerful political statement by the champ.

I don't understand why Dana would bash his own champion, regardless of how he feels personally. Isn't that just going to make people dislike Woodley even more?

But Dana does bring a lot of attention to himself and the company by being brutally honest, so maybe they think it's worth it.

Inb4 another Tyron Woodley thread gets deleted.

Lol I hope not. It's worth discussing and a lot of people have brought up some good points.

Some people always see Dana as the bad guy but in this situation he's just telling it like it is.

No bias. Simply in this situation Dana is right.

Woodley could be a lot more well received but it's his own fault that he's not.

He'll tell you that it's something else though. Everything but himself.

Dana's a GenXer and Woodley's a millennial. 'Nuff said.

I don't understand why Dana would bash his own champion, regardless of how he feels personally. Isn't that just going to make people dislike Woodley even more?

But Dana does bring a lot of attention to himself and the company by being brutally honest, so maybe they think it's worth it.

He's not just bashing Woodley. He's stating the obvious. Some honesty is nice. Yes, honesty from Dana White.

Champions come and go, but the company stays. Tyron throwing shade on the company could do more lasting damage than the company throwing shade on an already unpopular champ. Especially if it's out of defense.

Tyron should at least have some solid evidence if he was so certain he was getting discriminated against. Dana has evidence for his story of events.

He's not just bashing Woodley. He's stating the obvious. Some honesty is nice. Yes, honesty from Dana White.

And what does Dana gain from this exactly? Obviously fans don't like Woodley, but why would his own promoter talk about that in the media? Isn't he supposed to PROMOTE him, improve his image?

Champions come and go, but the company stays. Tyron throwing shade on the company could do more lasting damage than the company throwing shade on an already unpopular champ. Especially if it's out of defense.

Tyron should at least have some solid evidence if he was so certain he was getting discriminated against. Dana has evidence for his story.

Yeah, that does make sense. Thanks.

What about cases like Cyborg? Did she throw shade at the company? Because Dana humiliated her in the media and then when they signed her, he started promoting her..

Dana's such a "racist" that he let Jon Jones get away with...hell, I lost track of the number of felonies while refusing to do anything until Jones finally got popped for PEDs. He's such a "racist" that he let Rampage go on a ...um...rampage in broad daylight on a highway without doing a thing. And I don't remember Dana bashing AS for anything other than going out of his way to clown instead of fight, which everyone here was bashing AS for, and rightfully so.

This is what happens when people let mainstream media do all the thinking for them.

Yeah, that does make sense. Thanks.

What about cases like Cyborg? Did she throw shade at the company? Because Dana humiliated her in the media and then when they signed her, he started promoting her..

I don't know. Dana has thrown shade on a lot of fighters and sometimes it was reasonably justified and sometimes it was just his short temper and lack of filter.

And what does Dana gain from this exactly? Obviously fans don't like Woodley, but why would his own promoter talk about that in the media? Isn't he supposed to PROMOTE him, improve his image?

It's not about gaining or losing anything. I just think Dana says what is on his mind. Good or bad.

Dana can't save you from yourself though. He's not doing anything that Tyron didn't already do to himself. Plus remember that you don't even have to be liked to be a big draw.

Back