NRA's Dana Loesch hosts bizare video featuring Thomas & Friends characters in Klan hoods

@MicroBrew
It's not forced, no one is forced to watch Thomas....
There have been many cartoons in the 80s and earlier with ethnically diverse characters and locations. Artistic creators do it partly to keep a program interesting and exciting. It gets a bit dull to see the same English / Welsh countryside every episode.

Those damn ethnic trains

Just more proof the right wing are the biggest snow flake pussies coating my car wind shield during the winter months.

You are right. There has been a lot of unreasonable whining and crying coming from the right lately. I found it really escalated when that Laura Loomer idiot interrupted the Julius Ceaser play featuring a Trump character being assassinated last year.

You are right. There has been a lot of unreasonable whining and crying coming from the right lately. I found it really escalated when that Laura Loomer idiot interrupted the Julius Ceaser play featuring a Trump character being assassinated last year.

Everyone is fucking wacky.

Trump has spread his plague across this nation

The new train isn't an ethnic train per see, the locomotive is just a locomotive from Kenya. I have watched dam near all the series, while babysitting nephew/neices. Bought them dam near all the locomotives and rolling stock. It's no different than featuring an American locomotive or an Australian locomotive. This being a British program, it isn't a surprise they would feature trains from their ex-colonies . The Brits have always been more aware of the world outside than Americans, who tend to be more insular.

There are plenty of folks who are into Model Railroading who don't focus on the trains of the country they live in, because they find other locomotives and locales more interesting or they just want to model something distinct.
<TheWire1>

It's not forced, no one is forced to watch Thomas....
There have been many cartoons in the 80s and earlier with ethnically diverse characters and locations. Artistic creators do it partly to keep a program interesting and exciting. It gets a bit dull to see the same English / Welsh countryside every episode.
It is actually forced, Thomas has been the subject of repeated attacks by social justice warriors for some time for its hetero normative patriarchal structure. This was a show that had a specific audience that wasn't interested in the rainbow message that has been changed for political reasons. Pretending its not an attack on the social structures that some hold dear is inaccurate but pretty reflective of the lack of understanding from some people on these issues.

What does this have to do with guns? Why is the NRA commenting on it?

It is actually forced, Thomas has been the subject of repeated attacks by social justice warriors for some time for its hetero normative patriarchal structure. This was a show that had a specific audience that wasn't interested in the rainbow message that has been changed for political reasons. Pretending its not an attack on the social structures that some hold dear is inaccurate but pretty reflective of the lack of understanding from some people on these issues.

Hetero normative?

Do they even have relationships?

Haven't seen all of it but must be close.

Hetero normative?

Do they even have relationships?

Haven't seen all of it but must be close.
That is the complaint about the show yes. I know its fucking insane, but what do you expect? Its a show that reflects basic western cultural values. Its the kind of show that conservatives like having their kids watch so its the kind of show that can't be allowed to exist.

I have never heard any left leaning media (like HuffPo) attack Thomas the Tank engine.

Ah, the good old NRA TV. They must have hated the Lion King.

I'm not always in agreement with John Oliver, but this deserves a post:

I have never heard any left leaning media (like HuffPo) attack Thomas the Tank engine.
Then you should do some research, I barely know anything about the entire issue and I have seen numerous attacks on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/22/thomas-the-tank-engine-children-parents

This was by no means the only one either. There were many attacks on the show for a period of a couple of years. There were even several academic papers written on the subject.

What does Thomas the Tank Engine have to do with gun rights ?

Right wing social conservatism is a mental disorder.

I'm just curious but are there any other ethnic trains originally? I've seen the show with my kids a lot and I don't remember any culture being pushed at all. They were just trains doing train things showing human emotion with train problems. No white or American, European culture... just faces on the trains.

Wonder why the change?

I kinda hear you there. I mean nobody probably would have had an issue with it if it had always been that way. Just like nobody would have had a problem with female ghost hunters or black secret agents, rather with the change of an established character or concept.

The NRA piece is still pretty off the rails here, and I also don‘t see why this is a topic they would comment on.

I kinda hear you there. I mean nobody probably would have had an issue with it if it had always been that way. Just like nobody would have had a problem with female ghost hunters or black secret agents, rather with the change of an established character or concept.

It's a show for toddlers, and itty bitty children. I don't know how it's even being forced here. According to the producers, Thomas is just going around the world and meeting different trains, with different ethnic backgrounds. They're not making Thomas a transgender train, or a Muslim train, and...okay, I've just come to realization that I'm actually discussing this seriously, and I'm just gonna make my exit here. Fuck this.

Have they got Glenn Beck as creative director?

Dana Loesch and the NRA are mad at the creators of Thomas the Tank engine and Friends for inserting some racial , gender and location diversity into the program , namely creating 2 female locomotives, one being a Kenyan loco called Nia .

c4100b71857a763ae9ae405287d1d25c.jpg

-

I am pro 2nd amendment but this segment by the NRA is just bizarre and wacky. What was the point of superimposing some Klan hoods on the locos?

DANA_LOESCH.png

-

And there have been female locos in the series before. What is wrong in adding some more, because little girls also watch the program and to keep the program interesting , they have to introduce new characters and locales. Adding other locals makes the program more interesting.

Below link has the NRA TV video segment
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...thomas-characters-kkk-makeover-171427832.html

I do not get the argument that Loesch makes, that you can't introduce ethnicity into the program cause they are trains and trains don't have ethnicities. Well trains don't have eyes , mouth, lips and can't talk either.... Has Loesch ever heard the word Anthropomorphic.

Just that first sentence... My brain is struggling hard not to implode.

That man and everyone of his kind should be revoked citizenship. They are not Americans.

Two things. There is a small segment of conservatives that seem so race-obsessed that it is actually unsettling. Who could possibly watch a train show and become upset by a Kenyan train? Just bizarre. That is in line with the whackiest of leftists.

Secondly, the NRA is not a gun lobby anymore, and hasn't been for years. They are a culture war propaganda machine. Watch some of their insane commercials for proof.

All of this seems like something from the onion. The NRA commercials seem like an SNL sketch at this point.

NRATV is fucking crazy. They, and anyone that watches, are loonatics

Back