A Divided Species is a Weaker Species

If you are living your life as a beast of the wild, as "time's favorite monkey," you are "probably" going to be deeply unhappy, unfulfilled, and be unlikable to boot.

Wait until we've replaced human governance and resource distribution with AI.
Humans can't be trusted to lead a globally centralised system.

So the deeply flawed people should create a perfect machine?

Sounds... horrifying.

I hope we get AI right the first time, although, that seems an oddly and utterly impossible logic - "Now all simple ideas need generations of advancement to work... and I tend to use them for evil ends anyway, but oh well, I'll create a god-machine, give it power over my life and the lives of others, and hope the flawed work of my hands does it all right."

F-it, let's roll the dice!

So the deeply flawed people should create a perfect machine?

Sounds... horrifying.

I hope we get AI right the first time, although, that seems an oddly and utterly impossible logic - "Now all simple ideas need generations of advancement to work... and I tend to use them for evil ends anyway, but oh well, I'll create a god-machine, give it power over my life and the lives of others, and hope the flawed work of my hands does it all right."

F-it, let's roll the dice!

Horrifying indeed, but potentially inevitable.
We've never been smart enough to not do the crazy things we're capable of doing. You're crazy if you think we'll wait (or have the option of waiting) until we've perfected it before rolling it out. We never do.

It won't take generations of advancement to work, because legitimate AI will outstrip our capabilities in the blink of an eye.

Horrifying indeed, but potentially inevitable.
We've never been smart enough to not do the crazy things we're capable of doing. You're crazy if you think we'll wait (or have the option of waiting) until we've perfected it before rolling it out. We never do.

It won't take generations of advancement to work, because legitimate AI will outstrip our capabilities in the blink of an eye.

I can not disagree.

Could do, and should do is something the human race has never, ever reckoned with.

Move backwards or create minor repetitive setbacks towards an inevitable change as long as we don't destroy ourselves.
That's nice, but we dont long term think or plan well enough for that. We will always evolve but will never lay out a long term plan. It's more fun that way anyway, our plans today will likely be shit tomorrow.

The problem is while some are living in 2018 n looking way beyond into the future, others are living in 7th century n want to take everybody back there.

The only way this would be achievable is if all the nation states are led by philosopher kings n local traditions n customs are abandoned n some type of global pro humanity religion n believe system takes over

Law of one ftw.

Globalization as is is just a mockery of unity between people. There is no honesty behind it, just monetary and governmental gains.

EU hasn't really united the poeple of Europe and multiculturalism isn't uniting people either. This is elite globalism.

Hmnn a global republic? I am nkt sure that is atainable maybe there could be atleast 2 empires much like capitalist vs comungist during colder war kf the 70s

Empires are inevitable though. Its just natural pogression.

The only way this would be achievable is if all the nation states are led by philosopher kings n local traditions n customs are abandoned n some type of global pro humanity religion n believe system takes over

No imagination. The internet has only existed for consumers for about 20 years, yet look at the impact it's had in that short time.

Globalization will eventually be so convenient because of tech that it will be considered backwards not to embrace, when the time comes.

I'm a positivist.

Eventually there will be a one world government. Hopefully not a dictatorship. If so, hopefully a benevolent one.

Ideally, a democratically elected government. Citizens will earn major rights through service to the local/world community so that they have a vested interest.

Citizens will be provided with basic housing, food, and health care.
Higher education will be free and millions more will be contributing to a booming future for us all

No imagination. The internet has only existed for consumers for about 20 years, yet look at the impact it's had in that short time.

Globalization will eventually be so convenient because of tech that it will be considered backwards not to embrace, when the time comes.

Internet also gave rise to isis...

For this idea to work, everybody would have to be on the same page, instead of competing with one another (sometimes even within a same nation)

People have been killing each other all over the globe for thousands of years. In some regions the hate runs so deep that they forgot what they’re fighting about.

Human nature, greed, corruption and mistrust will keep us from ever achieving any type of unity. I may sound pessimistic, but 31 years in the military made me a realist.

so I already pay city, county, state and federal taxes. Each taxing proportionately larger amounts. Now you want to add on global? No thanks! I already have all the government I could ever f'n want and then some.

The problem with the global elitist push - orchestrated by the West - to force countries and peoples to not retain visible homogeneity and cultural unity is that it is genocidal. Creating a borderless world and pressuring cultures to do away with their unity is cultural genocide. While now-a-days we attribute the resistance to open borders and the top-down push against homogeneity to the rightwing, it's a tactic that is very old and was used by Colonial powers to destroy indigenous peoples. The Europeans coerced / forced Amerindians to mix, with the intention being that Amerindians will eventually cease to exist. Now-a-days the grass-roots Europeans perceive that they are on the receiving end of this push to do away with genomic and cultural unity. And , apart from the global elite, these grass-roots Euros and North Americans think the liberal intelligentsia is behind this push to do away with old Europe.

With the small difference that Europeans (Iberians to be more exact, the English/Dutch/French practiced ethnic cleansing) actually ruled over Amerindians and entered their society in the upper strata. Muslims, Africans, and Latinos aren't ruling over Westerners nowadays. In fact, they're entering Western society in the lower strata.

So these tactics are actually polar opposites. A lot easier to achieve "cultural genocide" when you come in as the governors, generals, merchants, farm/mine owners etc., than when you come in as dishwashers, nannies, landscapers.

I'm a positivist.

Eventually there will be a one world government. Hopefully not a dictatorship. If so, hopefully a benevolent one.

Ideally, a democratically elected government. Citizens will earn major rights through service to the local/world community so that they have a vested interest.

Citizens will be provided with basic housing, food, and health care.
Higher education will be free and millions more will be contributing to a booming future for us all

Same.

We've already made great moral strides in accepting human rights and equality as the norm, in theory. Gotta remember, for 99.99% of human history, we couldn't even do that. We had legalized, accepted slavery until not too long ago.

The next step is to increase democracy in individual countries, and then extend it to the whole world.

Same.

We've already made great moral strides in accepting human rights and equality as the norm, in theory. Gotta remember, for 99.99% of human history, we couldn't even do that. We had legalized, accepted slavery until not too long ago.

The next step is to increase democracy in individual countries, and then extend it to the whole world.
I've got my ideas about what a utopian future might look like.

To my mind it requires at least the majority of people be fed, housed and educated without being saddled with debt.

Once we get people educated, shit will really take off. Imagine, so many more people able to contribute so much more than flipping burgers. People from poor backgrounds, who'd not have risen above their station in life, are now useful citizens with agency and hope for creating better things for their children and society.

I won't live to see it but many will be born into such a world.

That seems to be one of the biggest issues. I think humans in general are a little corrupt (some more than others) and when put into powerful positions it can get enhanced. What about creating an AI to make the choices people in Government make. But obviously done in a safe way. Not like what we see in the movies. The AI just makes logical decisions. We enforce them.
Who programs the AI? What if we need to execute and burn some people to contain a deadly disease? Do people do it? Maybe we can give it some robot helpers. What could go wrong?
giphy.gif

Back