Would you be cool with your wife/gf hanging out with a guy friend?

Yea see that's the problem. I know how men are and I'm not hanging out with any chicks that I'm not attracted to, its not happening. Most men are that way. So I assume any male that would want to "hang out" with my woman would bang if the opportunity was right.

So you'd never hang out with a girl for non-sex purposes? What if she just had a cool personality like one of the boys?

I have learned a great deal from kframe and desperado in this thread. Always listen to your wise elders.

So you'd never hang out with a girl for non-sex purposes? What if she just had a cool personality like one of the boys?

Well, let me put it like this. I've had the same group of friends since I was in my teens and 20's. It consists of both males and females, and some of those females are indeed considered "one of the boys" at this point. So if there is some sort of Halloween party, or event that is being held, we are all likely to be there, my wife included. A situation never really arises where I would specifically be alone with another woman.

Islam does a good job of it.

To me, they prove the opposite... They'll cheat even at the risk if acid attacks, be headings, social ostracization.

(I obviously don't mean all Muslims, just crazy extremists)

lol At some of these responses.

If a woman wants to cheat on you, she's going to do it. Trying to restrict her from seeing people won't do anything. I'd say a woman is more likely to cheat when she goes out with her girls than going for coffee with her male friend. The majority of the attached women that I have met, I met them while they were out at a bar with their girls.

In general, I don't mind if my woman has male friends. I have female friends. I think the guys that can't fathom why a man and woman would hang out together have limited experiences with females. I have female friends that I genuinely enjoy the company of. I can acknowledge their attractiveness without acting on it. Just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I have to fuck them.

I'm not a bonobo, I can control my sexual desires. And just because I find a female friend attractive, doesn't mean I want to be in a relationship with her. I have some great, attractive female friends---but we would be horrible together as a couple. I wouldn't throw away our friendship for a quick fuck. There's too many girls in the world for that.

On the flip side, I don't think that all women and men are capable of opposite sex friendships. So, it does depend on the person. Like in this thread, guys who don't have experience being friends with a female would only be thinking about fucking. I wouldn't trust one of you blokes hanging out with my gf, obviously. And there are girls that are so naive, that they don't recognize when a guy is truly their friend, and when he is just trying to bang. I'd need to be with a girl that could make that distinction.

Very good post, I agree with 99% of it. I think girls know when guy friends wanna hit it, they just feed off of the attention.

I also don't understand why some guys think it is impossible yo have platonic female friends. They're humans, first and foremost, we can genuinely enjoy each other's company in a non-sexual way.

You have much to learn.

Of course I do. Everyone has much to learn, but I'm right about that one brother.

There are few things in life that are 100%. Saying 100% of girls will cheat is ridiculous.

Very good post, I agree with 99% of it. I think girls know when guy friends wanna hit it, they just feed off of the attention.

I also don't understand why some guys think it is impossible yo have platonic female friends. They're humans, first and foremost, we can genuinely enjoy each other's company in a non-sexual way.
I think it comes down to a lack of experience and immaturity.
There are guys with this view that "Men are like this" and "Girls are like this". It's like the black comedian that does the "white people like this..." and "black people like this.." jokes. No halfway intelligent person is one thing.

Hanging out with girls is different from hanging with dudes, but there is value in it. I don't always have the same kinds of conversations that I do with my male and female friends, and they tend to look at things differently. And that's part of what makes it fun to hang out with them. Hanging out with someone that challenges my own views.
Seems like a lot of guys in here just like living in their bubble. And that's fine if that's what makes them happy.

I agree that many girls do know when a guy is into them, and will hang with a dude for attention. But I have met my fair share of girls that really are just dumb about this kind of stuff, and will swear up and down that the guy they're hanging with is not into them at all. They'll think of the guy like a big brother or something, and be totally blind to what he's actually after.

Of course I do. Everyone has much to learn, but I'm right about that one brother.

There are few things in life that are 100%. Saying 100% of girls will cheat is ridiculous.

I said they would cheat with the right guy. Not the same as saying they would cheat with whoever. For some the right guy never comes along, for others it does.

One on one?
If I was serious about my gf then no. However, I treat everyone as serious as they show that they want to be treated.

I walked past this girl today, and we simultaneously smiled at each other. Came up to her, and we exchanged a brief conversation. Told her I was going to be straightforward, and that I wanted her number.

"I've got a boyfriend".
I hit her with the infamous "you can't have friends?" line.
"Yeah I can do friends but that's it."

Really lady? How are you just going to determine you're going to be "friends" with a random guy you met on the street.

This is why if the gf wanted to be taken serious, then no she can't hang with "guy friends".

I've had females tell me they had to put some distance between us because they have a new bf. Out of respect for them, their relationship, and their bfs I was okay with it.

I'm not innocent, I've cracked some of my female friends. We've never been more than friends, and don't want to be I just have cracked a few from time to time. I wouldn't expect another guy to be any different.

By and large men are going to be men. If you're serious about the girl, you're rolling the dice. If she is just a placeholder for the moment then that's a different story.

Last edited:
How the fuck is that creeper status?

I don't know a single adult man who hangs out alone with women for anything other than trying to fuck. I think any dude that's hanging out with women on some beta male, platonic level to be lame as fuck.

Lol, you're probably gonna call me all sorts of names, but I've had platonic female friends for the same reason I've had male friends, otherwise I'd literally be saying

"this person's cool, too bad she had a vagina or we could've been good friends"

I think it's wise for single guys to have platonic female friends. They make it MUCH easier to meet women. Girls are automatically disarmed when you have a girl or 2 with you.

Last edited:
To many variables to give a serious answer,

But for the most part no.

*You're
Smart guy.

lol Only stupid people trying to sound smart say shit like this. "Men are hard wired to...." You know what else we're hard wired to do? Eat sweets and fatty food. Because I don't want to be a fat ass, guess what I CHOOSE to do? I use my brain, like a big boy, and I think beyond what the reptilian part of my brain is telling me. I also don't rape girls that I want to fuck, or kill people that make me angry. I wear condoms when I fuck because i don't want kids.
Just because you are "hard wired" to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it.

Try to be more than a primate, you might surprise yourself at what you can accomplish.

<bball2>

Damn son got ethered

{<jordan}

Back