Bellator 206: Mousasi vs MacDonald 9/29 8PM ET Prelims/10PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Now, Bellator still has the problem of who fights Mousasi. Carvalho is the pretty clear cut #1 guy, but Gegard runs through him.

Rory looked like shit and smaller now at 185 than he did in the ufc at 70

If fitch is 70% as good as he was when he fought gsp he is gonna steam roll Rory too.

That guy beat Woodley.

Gsp murders murders Woodley.

I said before he lost already when he was thinking about fitch already before this fight happened and didn’t put any weight on.

But he looked SMALLER than in the UFC.

Rory done

Early stoppage imo but rory wasnt gonna win that fight regardless

Way to make your champs stock plummet for 1 night of ratings bellator. Dumb

Early stoppage even though Rory tapped?

This fight is showing Rory that he is not as technical as he thinks he is, and size definitely matters in mma.

Very much so. Rory ate some bombs from Lawler... but few jabs from Moose and he's pulling guard, and busted up bad fron the first gnp punch.

People don't realize how impressive it was for GSP to move up to beat Bisping the way he did. Bisping is bigger and stronger than Moose. Bisping outstruck Anderson, outwrestled Chael for a round.

There are no easy fights in championship bouts in mma... unless you're fighting Al Iaquinta on one day's notice

Yeah, but he has Fitch first, so no he should be able to recover.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. Still, he took a lot of damage in that short period of time and the brain takes awhile to recover. Lima has poor fight IQ and bad output, but hits like thunder - I wouldn't want to have any concussion like symptoms in my six month history facing him again.

Like I said, it just reeked of hubris to me.

that was a great beatdown...

but why would Bellator book this fight? they just spent all this money on Rory Mac and they promoted him so much

but he looks like total shit now and will likely be out for another two years

promotional malpractice?

I said this was a mismatch and Rory has no possible way of winning, but a bunch of people were convinced that Rory was this beast and it was going to be a close matchup at least. Extremely overrated, 2018 Rory wouldn't even be a top 5 UFC WW.
A top 5 ww losing to a top 5 mw doesn’t change his status at ww.

lol

"a lot of DRUG TESTING FOR MACHIDA!!!"

Love this guy

almost as much as i love Machida

Nice win for Moose, hespect to both. This makes the WW tourney and the MW division much less complicated moving forward.

Hahaha Macheata Drug testing!

People always talked like Rory has good wrestling. It was never true.

There were much better fights for Moose, would much rather have seen him fight a LHW than a WW

Kind of feel like I just attended a foregone conclusion. It was fun.
20180929_220558.jpg

Back