• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Zubaira Tukhugov, Islam Makhachev banned forever.

So what's the full account as we understand it? Tukhugov, it seems has been identified as the one who sucker punched Conor while he was recovering, so in that case a lifetime ban is clearly warranted. When it comes to Makhachev, there's legitimately conflicting accounts. Some say he jumped the cage and was looking to charge MCGregor, others say he got in the cage but was congratulating and then trying to somehow keep Khabib calm and civil. Is there a way to find out the extent to which he escalated it or tried to help keep Khabib from brawling?

If he wasn't part of the melee and/or trying to sneak attack McGregor and gets banned anyway, it could be a major problem for the UFC. He could then jump ship to Coker rather quickly, and for him rising to the top of Bellator would be a complete walk in the park. Khabib and other allies of his may also consider vacating in solidarity if he got banned when he wasn't starting fights and place the UFC in an even worse corner.

Doesn't have the right. But my point is, it is hard to control yourself when you are fighting especially after ALL of that drama, and from what I understand is Dillon was gesturing Khabib to come out and fight him. It's just easy bait because as a fighter he should know the adrenaline and emotions that go through them at that time. That's why I don't blame Khabib that much.

I disagree. As much as i hate Danis and want to see him crushed by Khabib,fighters cant just attack anyone who is goading them. You have to have more restraint than that. Its not a good enough excuse. Danis probably never thought Khabib would do some M.bison shit to him though,and probably peed a little.

b9071111167879face27aecc90ceba43.364x224x70.gif

I would concur that Danis is not more at fault than Khabib; at the end of the day it was Khabib who took what could have been one of the most glorious moments and turned it into the kind of spectacle we'd expect from WWE or WCW in the late 90s or early 2000s. Though increasingly I'm thinking that between Dillon's guys and Khabib's team it's splitting hairs which one was more guilty than the other. There's enough accountability for everyone here. Dillon was going out of his way to try and get the biggest reaction he could from someone who had just finished the most emotional pro fight he's ever been in. Ideally, for sure, Khabib could have and should have resisted. But Dillon was at the same level of stupidity if he really didn't think that could happen after what he was doing right after the fight.

Watching dumbasses get confronted with the real world consequences of their impulsive idiotic bullshit is always funny.

See you later guys...

Dana saying "they're not fighting" only goes as far as the UFC. They have plenty other options.

If Dana said it, that just means they will be back soon.

nothing of value was lost

Not fair, connor started it by punching the guy on top of the cage, they were just defending their freinds that connor attacked. Islam makhachev was on a great run too, to ban a prospect like that is stupid and bad business by the ufc. Wouldn't want to give a talent like that to bellator.

I don’t understand the “they were just defending him” angle.

Security had already separated them and Conor was just standing there.

how the hell can a guy be named 'islam'? it'd be like if a guy was named buddha, or christianity

Almost as shocking as someone named Christian.....Oh wait.
Anyone who punched Conor is done, rightly so. Any others will get a slap on the wrist.

I don’t understand the “they were just defending him” angle.

Security had already separated them and Conor was just standing there.
Not true watch this

At 4 seconds, connor lands a left hand on khabib's freind (in black), that's why islam makhachev (in red) jumps in and punches connor from behind. Defending your freinds plain and simple.

For sure shitcan them both, cowardly thugs.

That guy that hit Conor in the back of the head should be jailed, kids die all the time in street fights and nightclub/pub brawls, etc, from being sucker punched like that, it's very dangerous to punch someone who is completely unaware it's coming.

Not true watch this

At 4 seconds, connor lands a left hand on khabib's freind (in black), that's why islam makhachev (in red) jumps in and punches connor from behind. Defending your freinds plain and simple.

that guy in black ran at Conor with a punch and got countered lol both deserved the lifetime UFC ban. Paul Daley has never been back

Khabib millions will make sure they are very well compensated.

Not true watch this

Not true watch this

Thank you, this video supports my point. You can clearly see Conor standing there calmly right after security separated him from the guy who was climbing the fence.....the fella in the black shirt starts to come at Conor and Conor defends himself.

that guy in black ran at Conor with a punch and got countered lol both deserved the lifetime UFC ban. Paul Daley has never been back

Thank you, this video supports my point. You can clearly see Conor standing there calmly right after security separated him from the guy who was climbing the fence.....the fella in the black shirt starts to come at Conor and Conor defends himself.
Fair enough the guy in black should be cut, but Islam (in red) was defending his freind that he saw eat a flush left hand. It's not fair to ban him

Back