Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
I like when he blatantly lied about not hearing about the reports until the the New Yorker article but his text messages told adifferrnt story.

And the soulless GOP still pushed him thru after he clearly lied like a rat

I like how you're still crying about this.

I like how you're still crying about this.

KONG =====>
serveimage

Meanwhile in other news :

Project Veritas just booked a win in TN for the Republicans.

L....O....L.

Meh, I wouldn't make much out of that. Suppose for a moment that everything she said was true. It's easy to see how she would be wearied and done with the whole thing. She must know that she has no chance to secure a conviction or possibly even successfully bring a case. SO why endure the agony.

The conclusion I come to with Ford is twofold:
a. Her testimony doesn't hold up well factually, and
b. Either her or her lawyers were playing political games, which looks bad in this context.

I think going much further than that is unnecessary at this point.

I completely agree. It's curtains call for this circus, as it should be.

Kavanaugh got the job he deserved and hailed a hero by one political faction. Ford got few hundred grands from GoFundMe for all her troubles and hailed a hero by the other political faction.

Everyone are glad this crap is over, including the world-wide audience watching this circus from the stands.

The media and their advertisers are certainly happy to exploit such a salacious topic, one that got nearly as much clicks as the 2016 election.

They're not saying this publicly, but even the supposedly-angry politicians behind this circus are secretly satisfied, for they have found the same catalyst to energize their voter bases.

There's no loser in this circus. Not really.

Well, beside the trained monkeys who are just now beginning to realize that they got taken for a ride in this politicized witch-hunt that was doomed to fail from the start, that is.

They should have focused their attacks on Kavanaugh the Jurist instead of buying into the Kavanaugh the Alcoholic Serial Gang Rapist angle, whose only confirmed "crime" so far is liking beer. For that, they will have many more decades of lamenting about the failed strategy to derail Kavanaugh's nomination.

Last edited:
One last hurrah for the road (got this from the Memes thread and it's brilliant) :

f504e53fb4013f5d588c778621731d9a.jpg

You two can taunt all you want, but even if you support Kavanaugh you should still care about the integrity of the court. If I liked him I would welcome a full investigation to clear him so that the court's integrity is intact.
You raped me.

You raped me.
Ok, now go in front of the committee on live tv with the whole country and make the claim. Also, hire security to deal with the death threats and move your family out of your house for their safety. And prove you know me and that the rape was even possible (as in we went to school together, knew each other and hung out together).

All that would make it a lot harder for you to lie, right?

Ok, now go in front of the committee on live tv with the whole country and make the claim. Also, hire security to deal with the death threats and move your family out of your house for their safety. And prove you know me and that the rape was even possible (as in we went to school together, knew each other and hung out together).

Much easier to lie when you're getting over $900,000 in donations, you are certain to secure a $1 million+ book deal for lying, you are being nominated for prestigious awards as a result, you have three lawyers coaching and directing you free of charge, the person you're accusing is the mortal enemy of the pro-abortion rights group that you have marched for, the person you're accusing was appointed by a president whose policies you have explicitly opposed in writing, and you have co-authored an academic paper which cites research claiming that hypnosis can be used "to create artificial situations that would permit the client to express distressing/unacceptable emotions in a safe manner".

Meanwhile in other news :

Project Veritas just booked a win in TN for the Republicans.

L....O....L.

Get out of here with that shit, he’s a professional ventriloquist not a journalist

Given his accusation, should you now have to prove your innocence?

1c6d24567f629fd0d7ea15c39f866aae.jpg

Got this from the Meme thread.

And it's pretty damn spot on.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Witches plan to hex Brett Kavanaugh using effigies, coffin nails, graveyard dirt and more
USA Today NetworkJoel Shannon, USA TODAY | Oct. 13, 2018

9b12a86a-5cbb-4bcc-b7b6-aafcce4828b3-VPC_KAVANAUGH_GETS_IN.jpg

A Brooklyn, New York bookstore is planning an event for people angered by the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court: A public hex.

Witches will host Oct. 20 event, organizer Dakota Bracciale said. The ritual has sold out of tickets and attracted the interest of thousands. It's intended to "to make Kavanaugh suffer," Bracciale told Newsweek.

About 60 people will be in attendance at the event, Bracciale told USA TODAY on Saturday. The ritual will include effigies, coffin nails, graveyard dirt and — of course — a spell.

Bracciale said the bookstore has organized hexes before, including three last year on President Donald Trump.

Not everyone in attendance will believe in the power of the hex — and that's okay, according to Bracciale,who said he event is in part a means of spiritual or emotional catharsis.

Kavanaugh isn't the only subject of the gathering's anger. Those in attendance will be targeting "all rapists and the patriarchy which emboldens, rewards and protects them," according to the hex's Eventbrite page.

After the hex, a second ritual will be held, according to the listing: "The Rites of the Scorned One." It will "validate, affirm, uphold and support those of us who have been wronged and who refuse to be silent any longer."

Kavanaugh's controversial appointment to the Supreme Court has inspired protests after Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused the judge of sexual assaulting her in high school. Kavanaugh has denied the allegation and was confirmed to the court by a historically narrow margin on Oct. 6.

Bracciale told Newsweek that those in attendance will be "basically Antifa witches ... There are a lot of angry people who are righteously filled with rage that are going to take back our country."

Many of the people in attendance will be sexual assault survivors, Bracciale believes based on feedback from planned participants.

Witchcraft has historically been an outlet for oppressed people to “take matters in their own hands" according to Bracciale.

Tickets for the event cost $10. Organizers say one-quarter of ticket proceeds will go to the Ali Forney Center — a group that supports homeless LGBT youth — and one-quarter will be donated to Planned Parenthood.

Bracciale suggests that those who support the ritual donate to those groups if they are unable to attend.

Witchcraft mixed with political overtones has become an increasing trend, according to an October report by Vox. "Magic as self-care," the article describes the phenomenon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...brooklyn-plan-hex-brett-kavanaugh/1630491002/

Much easier to lie when you're getting over $900,000 in donations, you are certain to secure a $1 million+ book deal for lying, you are being nominated for prestigious awards as a result, you have three lawyers coaching and directing you free of charge, the person you're accusing is the mortal enemy of the pro-abortion rights group that you have marched for, the person you're accusing was appointed by a president whose policies you have explicitly opposed in writing, and you have co-authored an academic paper which cites research claiming that hypnosis can be used "to create artificial situations that would permit the client to express distressing/unacceptable emotions in a safe manner".
Sure, easier. But still really, REALLY difficult. She has half the nation against her, including the president.

My only point is it is easy to sling a lie anonymously to a shedding poster and very different to stand in front of a firing squad and do it.

Back