Fightworld on Netflix

Protectandserve

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
New series with Frank Grillo hosting. Travels the world and meets fighters, their trainers and their styles.

Great show so far focused on the people and the why of the fight. Not so much styles or martial arts itself but the people.

First episode was Mexican Boxing. You can tell Grillo is a huge fight fan. He comes across as just a massive fan throughout. Just excited as hell to be meeting some of his sport icons. Seems to know his stuff as well and just seems to be enjoying the hell out of it.

Worth a watch for those of you with Netflix. Doesn't have the cheese factor of some other fight shows from years past.

I didn't love episode 1.

Might watch episode 2, might not

Is it like Human Weapon that was on the History channel like 10 years ago?

watched episodes 2 and 3 (muay thai and lethwei respectively)...it's not bad but felt like there was something missing..

Totally different then the ones with Jason Chambers and the dude who commented for Bellator.

I like it. Hes not out trying to learn martial arts or styles, it's a profile of what the fighters go through, their motivation to fight and a bit of history.

You can tell Grillo is a huge fight fan and he just runs around and seems awe struck by getting to do it.

I watched the Thailand episode. I didn’t find it all that interesting as there wasn’t really anything new presented.

I think it’s supposed to be like Anthony Bourdain’s travel/food shows. They use the subject of food/fighting to show the culture.

I recently watched the reality show Strong on Netflix. It is about a bunch of fat women who work with trainers and compete with each other to determine who is the best team. It was pretty good.

Totally different then the ones with Jason Chambers and the dude who commented for Bellator.

I like it. Hes not out trying to learn martial arts or styles, it's a profile of what the fighters go through, their motivation to fight and a bit of history.

You can tell Grillo is a huge fight fan and he just runs around and seems awe struck by getting to do it.

Than*

watched episodes 2 and 3 (muay thai and lethwei respectively)...it's not bad but felt like there was something missing..

I started with the muay thai episode, but couldn't watch it till the end for some reason...

People on this forum might not be the target audience as they have more in-depth knowledge from watching and training than the average casual.

I like Grillo so I will check it out, thanks TS.

Didn't like this.
Grillo is such a jackass in it he reminds me of this guy:
He just gurns and agrees manically with everyone on the show
-1477923930.jpg

Didn't like this.
Grillo is such a jackass in it he reminds me of this guy:
He just gurns and agrees manically with everyone on the show
-1477923930.jpg
I was the opposite of it. He seems like someone took a legit fight fan, gave them a show and let them travel the world to meet people that were icons of the sport. He just seemed to be having a blast.

New series with Frank Grillo hosting. Travels the world and meets fighters, their trainers and their styles.

Great show so far focused on the people and the why of the fight. Not so much styles or martial arts itself but the people.

First episode was Mexican Boxing. You can tell Grillo is a huge fight fan. He comes across as just a massive fan throughout. Just excited as hell to be meeting some of his sport icons. Seems to know his stuff as well and just seems to be enjoying the hell out of it.

Worth a watch for those of you with Netflix. Doesn't have the cheese factor of some other fight shows from years past.

Added this to my Netflix list. I'll watch it after I've finished Daredevil.

Grillo is no joke. He trains boxing and BJJ(don't know his rank).

It got better as I kept watching. I like it.

Back