NCAA Wrestling

Really? That sucks. I've always rooted for him as coach bc he's from MMA. And I remember hearing he was doing a good job getting cadets into greco. But I hadn't heard much as far as his actual coaching.
This is from High level coaches. He’s political, not good at developing or coaching as in day to day, and the stuff like not letting at opening ceremony.

Caveat, this was about his coaching not him as a person

USA have a guy in repechage for a chance at bronze tomorrow in Greco. Same with Canada, surprisingly.

We (Russia) have a champ in Stepanyan, good result. Tomorrow we have the chance for Artëm Surkov and Sergei Emelin for gold, imo, both will take it. Sergey Semënov at 130 has a chance to get a medal, too.

Reasonable chance that Evloev has a shot too.

Bekkhan Ozdoev for bronze. At least our Greco team is pretty good. Our Greco team had an incredible performance at this year's euros.

Can't wait to see Riya Kaayalp wrestle tomorrow, said no-one ever.

P4p one of the most boring wrestlers to watch

Can't wait to see Riya Kaayalp wrestle tomorrow, said no-one ever.

P4p one of the most boring wrestlers to watch

What was it, 8 or 9 points combined he scored at worlds last year on the way to gold? That right there is a big reason why people don't give a shit about greco. I know it's big and popular in certain areas but on the whole, ugh.

What was it, 8 or 9 points combined he scored at worlds last year on the way to gold? That right there is a big reason why people don't give a shit about greco. I know it's big and popular in certain areas but on the whole, ugh.
Greco can be fun at the lowest-mid weight classes. But anything over 82kg is usually boring, with the exception of Aleksanyan and a few others. Interested to see if Coon can medal, or not.

Coon taking advantage of his draw and pinning his way to the semis.

Wow, we are pretty damn good at Greco. Even without Vlasov as the captain.

We have a good chance to capture the Greco team title.

Wow, we are pretty damn good at Greco. Even without Vlasov as the captain.

We have a good chance to capture the Greco team title.

How good is the Russian Coon has in the finals? Is he better than Mahkov was?

I don't follow Greco much.

How good is the Russian Coon has in the finals? Is he better than Mahkov was?

I don't follow Greco much.
Nor do I, but he has a good record. Has an Olympic bronze, asides from the Olympic games and Ivan Poddubny, this is his only senior competition from the U23 Senior worlds and cadet worlds.

Sergey Emelin in the final from today. He hit a really awesome lateral drop early in the match

Been working almost 70 hours a week have not been able to even look at results. Thank you boys for the pbp. I appreciate you all. But 1 question.,,,where has @youngsteinel been?

Russia are the best at Greco right now
6/6 in the finals

No bronzes though...

Don't @ me...

Ok, Semënov is pretty good. He 9-0'd Coon without much trouble...

Damn. That sucks. I grew up near Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan in general and have become a big Adam Coon fan in wrestling. The silver lining is it's USA's first Greco medal in years and he is just 23 years old. I imagine he'll try to make an olympic run in 2020. I wonder if will try to compete in both styles or if they will even let him?

I would love to see him in MMA in the future because he is a really big guy who is quick and can move well. One of those guys who could be a good NFL player but chose a combat sport instead. And he would have to cut some weight to make 265 in MMA. I think he would do well especially with how weak heavyweight it. I doubt it will ever happen though. He has a degree in Aeronautical Engineering and seems to smart to go into MMA. I see him as the type of guy who doesn't want to get hit in the head for a living. Or if he wanted to get hit in the head he could still probably go into the NFL if he gave up the Olympics and make a lot more.

Anyway Coon is awesome and hopefully he can comeback better next year.

Damn. That sucks. I grew up near Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan in general and have become a big Adam Coon fan in wrestling. The silver lining is it's USA's first Greco medal in years and he is just 23 years old. I imagine he'll try to make an olympic run in 2020. I wonder if will try to compete in both styles or if they will even let him?

I would love to see him in MMA in the future because he is a really big guy who is quick and can move well. One of those guys who could be a good NFL player but chose a combat sport instead. And he would have to cut some weight to make 265 in MMA. I think he would do well especially with how weak heavyweight it. I doubt it will ever happen though. He has a degree in Aeronautical Engineering and seems to smart to go into MMA. I see him as the type of guy who doesn't want to get hit in the head for a living. Or if he wanted to get hit in the head he could still probably go into the NFL if he gave up the Olympics and make a lot more.

Anyway Coon is awesome and hopefully he can comeback better next year.

There's no rule stopping him from competing in both styles but as we saw this year it's tough with the schedule of events.

It will be interesting to see if he sticks with Greco, freestyle or continues to try and do both.

Fun fact, Adam pinned Geno Petriashvili in the finals of Cadet Worlds in 2011 with that bodylock. 2 years later Geno was winning medals at Senior Worlds

Lol, the ending of this match.

Azeri was pissed that he got whooped by an Armenian:

NCAA wrestling returns this week. Who and what is everyone excited for this season?

Coon and Snyder are both gone so heavyweight opens up. Gable Stevenson as a freshman should be interesting to watch. Tanner Hall should be interesting too.

Penn St is still the team to beat with Bo, Nolf, Hall, and VIncenzo returning.

Back