PWD 668: Feast With Black Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polish born Canadians makes me think of Swiss Chalet in the '70s and very early 80's, when it was still a half decent family restaurant.

I was never into swiss chalet back then... It was ponderosa steakhouse for the puncher family.
Steaks, potatoes and all you can eat salad bar baby!

Drew getting prep for his main event push, tapping out angle to his own hold shows wwe think highly of him. He be universal champion soon, could see him winning the rumble. Meanwhile, bruan can be the post mania title fued as he's now big show 2.0 after crown jewel.

Concluded 95 nitro, december was match heavy as the starrcade build was based on njpw/wcw series, luger/sting/flair no.1 contender match to face savage in the main event. In the wcw towns hogan is getting booed heavily, that heel turn was needed.

wwe/njpw would never happen, but I do know ajpw/wwe had a tokyo dome show with hogan/hansen headling in 1990.

Now 96 wcw can be split in two halfs: pre nwo/bash at the beach 96 so it be interesting to see the changes as I seen 97 wcw a long time ago which was it's peak during nitro era imo.

I was never into swiss chalet back then... It was ponderosa steakhouse for the puncher family.
Steaks, potatoes and all you can eat salad bar baby!

Funny. I ws gonna bring Ponderosa up because it's another joint I associated w/ childhood and decline, but I can't remember if it was always shit. I know it was pretty cool as a kid, but I wasn't a giant steak kid; Me muddah couldn't cook worth a shit back then, and this was back in the day when most steaks coming at me were the in the style of gray buffet steaks. No matter, I was there for tall Jellos and Asteroids/Galaga/Rally X/etc. Didn't go to, or really see one, for the next 20 years.

Finally had a joint nostalgia craving w/ the wife, and we went to one, in Indiana (side note - best Olive Garden I've ever been to was there). Was a fucking joke. Like for pre-schoolers, and people who never culturally graduated pre-scool. Big disappointment. In fairness to the our memories, and old Ponderosa, it was totally unlike how it used to be - restaurant layout, function and all that shit, at least different than the ones I saw in Canada as a kid. Only similarity was how you ordered your steaks in the start line, and they had Jello, but there was no way I was eating Jello in that specific joint.

Kally's was another Toronto place that slid hard.

Was a later in life thing but I can't believe Dangerous Dan's closed. <DCrying>

https://nowtoronto.com/food-and-drink/food/dangerous-dans-closed-toronto/
Buddy used to live in that corner apt above DD's mid 90's/early 2000's (there was a strip club across the street; my bud was Jon Jones Santa Klaus.)<JonesLaugh>{<Mcgoat}<HisEye>

Last edited:
Well, got all my Christmas cards and gifts bought. So now, all I need to do is take part in my yearly tradition of heading into town a few days before Christmas, and watch the people doing it at the last minute getting mad.

Just waiting for the day to wrap them, which I always find oddly theraputic.

Dean should have saved Seth and the titles. (Didnt he technically get the win for those titles ) Then DDT Seth. Now AOP look like they were just there at the right time.
That was what I thought was going to happen.

Well, got all my Christmas cards and gifts bought. So now, all I need to do is take part in my yearly tradition of heading into town a few days before Christmas, and watch the people doing it at the last minute getting mad.

Just waiting for the day to wrap them, which I always find oddly theraputic.

Jesus Christ, that’s OCD dude.

It’s NOVEMBER.

There are dudes still walking around in shorts round my place.

Jesus Christ, that’s OCD dude.

It’s NOVEMBER.

There are dudes still walking around in shorts round my place.

I buy incrementally. I prefer to spread it out, than take a big financial hit all in one go. Also, it means that if I see something cool just before Christmas, I can get that too.

Funny. I ws gonna bring Ponderosa up because it's another joint I associated w/ childhood and decline, but I can't remember if it was always shit. I know it was pretty cool as a kid, but I wasn't a giant steak kid; Me muddah couldn't cook worth a shit back then, and this was back in the day when most steaks coming at me were the in the style of gray buffet steaks. No matter, I was there for tall Jellos and Asteroids/Galaga/Rally X/etc. Didn't go to, or really see one, for the next 20 years.

Finally had a joint nostalgia craving w/ the wife, and we went to one, in Indiana (side note - best Olive Garden I've ever been to was there). Was a fucking joke. Like for pre-schoolers, and people who never culturally graduated pre-scool. Big disappointment. In fairness to the our memories, and old Ponderosa, it was totally unlike how it used to be - restaurant layout, function and all that shit, at least different than the ones I saw in Canada as a kid. Only similarity was how you ordered your steaks in the start line, and they had Jello, but there was no way I was eating Jello in that specific joint.

Buddy used to live in that corner apt above DD's mid 90's/early 2000's (there was a strip club across the street; my bud was Jon Jones Santa Klaus.)<JonesLaugh>{<Mcgoat}<HisEye>

I have never had a steak better than one I could made myself and I’ve had some fancy ass steak at various places but I would buy at least fair quality steak meat, marinate or marinade for two weeks in olive oil, Jack Daniels, soy sauce, garlic or whatever, fry in clarified butter on my special pan. Add some A1 sauce, tatar sauce, pepper sauce or mustard with mayonnaise.

It’s good to be able to cook better than most places you can visit. Or your mother in law.

I buy incrementally. I prefer to spread it out, than take a big financial hit all in one go. Also, it means that if I see something cool just before Christmas, I can get that too.

Don’t you dudes have Black Friday or something?

Don’t you dudes have Black Friday or something?

We do, but that's for me. And, it's nowhere near the level that it is in America. I saw one that was "This here usually costs £99.99, you can get it for £94.99!! BLACK FRIDAY DEALS!!!"

Man, I actually feel sorry for Jinder Mahal.

Went from a practical enhancement talent, to main star on Smackdown, back to Raw to enhance yet again.

He was never great to begin with, but bless him.

When I was young we didn't eat out a lot. And we liked steak. So ponderosa was a treat. I fuckng loved that shit. I would try and pile the whole damn salad bar on my plate every time. And the jello, was the perfect dessert. Then they all but disappeared. Like you, we stumbled across one when I was an older teen. The four of us went in for a nostalgic family dinner... It was fucking terrible.

Losing Dangerous Dan's is a tragedy. But, to be honest there's all sorts of great new places popping up all the time in Toronto. You can get a great burger just about any neighborhood.

Where you living now?

Man, I actually feel sorry for Jinder Mahal.

Went from a practical enhancement talent, to main star on Smackdown, back to Raw to enhance yet again.

He was never great to begin with, but bless him.

I think the failed main event run wwe soured on mahal quick, had a brief us title reign then descend down the card post roman reigns feud. Around this time last year, mahal/brock was initially scheduled then they switched to aj. As I think creative realize on paper mahal/brock could only be seen as a mismatch aleast with aj can be presented as a credible threat.

When wwe truly gives up on a main event push, chances are that never get close to main eventing ever. There ton of jobbing out or at best 50/50 booking in the midcard post main event.

I have never had a steak better than one I could made myself and I’ve had some fancy ass steak at various places but I would buy at least fair quality steak meat, marinate or marinade for two weeks in olive oil, Jack Daniels, soy sauce, garlic or whatever, fry in clarified butter on my special pan. Add some A1 sauce, tatar sauce, pepper sauce or mustard with mayonnaise.

It’s good to be able to cook better than most places you can visit. Or your mother in law.

I agree. I make the best steak. Grilled or pan fried. I like it simple. Sea salt, pepper, medium rare.
No sauces. Unless I've some leftover aioli that I've made for something else. Because I'll eat that with pretty much anything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back