PWD 668: Feast With Black Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
With me, I use my tenderiser, then salt, black pepper, and garlic salt. Then pan fry at a high temperature with butter, and turn over every 30 seconds for 5 minutes.

Butter is very good for a pan fry. My Spanish mama always used olive oil. Can't put the oil in until the pan is hot else it burns and you've got a smokey smokey mountain mess. Still my favorite way of doing it.

Butter is very good for a pan fry. My Spanish mama always used olive oil. Can't put the oil in until the pan is hot else it burns and you've got a smokey smokey mountain mess. Still my favorite way of doing it.

Use clarified butter to fry. It’s called ghee at hipster stores.

Clarified doesn’t burn like normal butter. And no cancer causing shit like frying with olive (which is fine for other purposes) or vegetable oil.

I don't like olive oil on steak, my brother once fucked up and cooked it with sesame seed oil, so to remedy it, I added soy sauce, and Five Spice and called it a "Chinese Steak".

I don't like olive oil on steak, my brother once fucked up and cooked it with sesame seed oil, so to remedy it, I added soy sauce, and Five Spice and called it a "Chinese Steak".

See my piece on butter above.

olive oil in the pan works fine as long as you control the temp and watch the pan.

though I don't use it for steak, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back