Law Missouri Overwhelmingly Passes Grow-Your-Own Medical Marijuana

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A surprise to some, including me, that it passed with over 65% of the vote. Two competing Medical MJ measures were voted down, with Missourians making a rational choice.

The rough details can be found at https://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_Am...Veteran_Healthcare_Services_Initiative_(2018).

cliffs:

Purchase of up to 4 ounces
Grow up to 6 plants
Sales tax of 4%
Local governments may not ban medical MJ, but will decide dispensary rules
State lawmakers are probably not done with this - they will try to allow local governments to opt out

I believe MO is the 31st state to have at least medical MJ, but check me on that. That means there is now more than a supermajority of states on board.

why would anyone object to this?
I thought that unlicensed personal growing would raise a lot of objections. That essentially legalizes it. And not allowing local governments to opt out was controversial too.

I thought that unlicensed personal growing would raise a lot of objections. That essentially legalizes it. And not allowing local governments to opt out was controversial too.

Is this for MO residents? Or can I rent a storage locker to grow?

I'd be for a higher tax than 4%, but otherwise Marijuana is really getting clear bi partisan support

R lawmakers still against better get out of the way if they don't want to severely risk their re election chances

Is this for MO residents? Or can I rent a storage locker to grow?
It reads like it's all MO residents with a prescription. It's unclear what the final rules will be, but I imagine that renting a storage space would be an illegal dispensary. Probably will have to be in the home of the patient, with dispensaries separately licensed.

There’s going to be so many overdoses it’s not even funny.

It reads like it's all MO residents with a prescription. It's unclear what the final rules will be, but I imagine that renting a storage space would be an illegal dispensary. Probably will have to be in the home of the patient, with dispensaries separately licensed.

PM me your address so I can have some mail sent to it. Do a sherbro a solid

Missouri
- Overwhelmingly votes to reject Right to Work
- Overwhelmingly votes to regulate campaign finance, corruption, and lobbyist access
- Overwhelmingly votes to raise the minimum wage
- Overwhelmingly votes to legalize marijuana

And then goes on to vote 55% for Trump and 55% for Hawley and elect Republicans throughout the state, despite the GOP being against all of those measures.

It's incredible how Republican voters can keep voting against their (clearly articulated via vote) interests and supporting Republicans without any consideration of their policies whatsoever.

I'd be for a higher tax than 4%, but otherwise Marijuana is really getting clear bi partisan support

R lawmakers still against better get out of the way if they don't want to severely risk their re election chances

Lol, the votes that Republicans get are completely divorced from policies. Republicans will fall in line and support marijuana legalization (just like Boehner did immediately upon leaving office), but that's because it's not something they ever really felt strongly, or even cared at all, about and it won't piss off their corporate Johns.

lulz. Are you an IL resident these days?

Lol at my post. Tried typing it while on a work call.

I've always been an IL resident, just been working in STL since 2005. We have medical marijuana but not the grown your own part of the law; we have to buy from a dispensary. Our law is limited and Rauner dicked it around.

With the way things are heading it's funny to see states still voting in medical rather than just doing the inevitable and legalizing for recreational use. But progress is progress.

Understandable, you would need to be high to tolerate living in that state

Understandable, you would need to be high to tolerate living in that state
My biggest complaint is that it's too flat. Culture/food/people/institutions are all pretty decent near St Louis. I just want one mountain, ffs. Also too far from ocean.

Gonna be a lot of shitty weed.

A surprise to some, including me, that it passed with over 65% of the vote. Two competing Medical MJ measures were voted down, with Missourians making a rational choice.

The rough details can be found at https://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_Am...Veteran_Healthcare_Services_Initiative_(2018).

cliffs:

Purchase of up to 4 ounces
Grow up to 6 plants
Sales tax of 4%
Local governments may not ban medical MJ, but will decide dispensary rules
State lawmakers are probably not done with this - they will try to allow local governments to opt out

I believe MO is the 31st state to have at least medical MJ, but check me on that. That means there is now more than a supermajority of states on board.
i broke my spine but cant afford to see a doctor. Can i just grow weed in my basement? Or do i need a perscription to grow it

There’s going to be so many overdoses it’s not even funny.

Grandparents are going to have to tell their grandkids about the great Dorito Shortage of 2018.

Back