Ben Askren says he is better than Khabib!

It's all moot until we see Khabib fight at 170.

Pound for pound Khabib is definitely bettter IMO.

Ben does seem to have better wrestling. More versatility in his takedowns, compared to other wrestlers who seem to just go for double leg takedowns all the time.

I need to this fight happen.

This is some good old cold war America vs Russia shit

Ben Askren says a lot of things, that's for sure. I would watch if they fought.

Who has he beaten? I know Khabibs record is very padded but at least he has a few good high level wins, Askren's has beaten absolutely nobody of note. Been undefeated against bums means nothing and we won't know how good he is until he fights someone decent.

If lesser wrestlers were able to take Khabib down, I can't see why askren couldn't.

Can he do anything with it would be my question.

Lesser wrestlers have been able to take down Askren too.

I'm sick of this fucking guy already.

What exactly does he base this assumption on?

He has wrestle fucked a few no names in asia .. And got his ass handed to him by Santos before he eye raped him ..

Cant wait to see this guy get humbled

Maybe in straight wrestling he is better, but Askrens striking is horrific, he is very slow and stiff in the striking.

They are about the same size & weight. Let's see Khabib step up.
If they're about the same size and weight, why doesn't Askren step down and fight for the belt? Don't tell me Askren is not interested in being a champ in the most stacked division in the UFC.

Good match for Khabib but just another bum and arm pit sniffing boring match for my taste, my opinion of course.

Make 155 or shut up. Calling out smaller fighters to move up to face you is just pathetic (yes you're the worst in that regard Anderson, calling for Conor and GSP then complains when they don't do it).
To be fair if this is quoted from the same interview I seen Ben was talking about it when asked about A 165 division

I’m a big askren fan, met him twice in Columbia in 2006 and 2010 though a mutual friend.

But no, he’s not.

Not in mma.

Back