Official Women's Division Discussion #25

UFC Fight Night 139. Saturday November 10 in Denver.
  • Raquel Pennington vs. G. de Randamie 135 lbs. Tough to pick. GDR's had a long layoff. She has 3" height advantage. When she's on her striking is crisp. Has she maintained speed & conditioning? Her last few victories weren't overwhelming. Rocky was a step behind in her loss to Nunes. Has she recovered fully from injuries? Regained aggressiveness & confidence? Can she press on strength, power & pizazz?
  • Maycee Barber vs. Hannah Cifers 115 lbs. Barber's a rising talent & heavy favorite. 5-0 with exciting tkos & submissions. Cifers has a good record (8-2) but hasn't had as tough competition or spectacular finishes.
  • Amanda Cooper vs. Ashley Yoder 115 lbs. ABC came out swinging hard versus Dern, who caught & finished her. Maybe she'll try a more cautious approach. Yoder has size & athleticism. Will she use it to her advantage?
Pennington
Barber
Yoder

Last edited:

Due to the current circumstances of the division I would say the most likely opponents for her at this moment are Marion Reneau and to a far lesser extent Ketlen Vieira. The UFC could throw us a curve ball and make it Aspen Though.

Looking forward to this card and expecting a good showing from the ladies.

Yoder is fighting for her spot, I'll certainly be cheering for her though - two Yoder losses to mma chicks in one week is one too many, if you get my drift.

Cifers seemingly walks around at 115 but has that farm girl strength, hoping for the upset but, as always, size matters - any chance Hannah got the call up with atom in mind?

If it stays on the feet I can see GDR stopping Rocky.

I'll go with Yoder, Barber and GDR.

I recognize Mina Kurobe and KING Reina, but none of the other names:

Pennington
Barber
Yoder

Penningdon vs GDR - GDR
Cooper vs Yoder - Cooper
Barber vs Cifers - ? probably Barber, but I'm picking Cifers just so I can completely disagree with you :mad:

Besides, Cifers is a shy farm girl who likes to milk goats and wrangle pigs all day...Sir. How can you not root for that? ;)

First to ever be fitted with the Reebok XXS gear, future UFC atomweight champ confirmed.

Penningdon vs GDR - GDR
Cooper vs Yoder - Cooper
Barber vs Cifers - ? probably Barber, but I'm picking Cifers just so I can completely disagree with you :mad:

Then I am agreeing with him just to disagree with you.

:)

I actually think GDR takes it, but would like to see Pennington win.

Pennington vs. de Randamie is pretty much an IQ test for Pennington. If she's smart she goes takedown heavy and wins, if she chooses to stand she dies. Germaine's takedown defence is very basic and questionable, when you're struggling to get off the fence against Anna Elmose you're in trouble against an actual in shape BW who knows anything about takedowns. Problem is Pennington has shown questionable decision making in pretty much all her fights, this one's a coin flip for me.

Yoder vs. Cooper should be a fairly clear win for Ashley. She actually knows how to use footwork and a jab, and she's just the all-round better fighter.

No clue on Barber vs. Cifers, I've only seen part of one Barber fight and nothing from Cifers.

Sijara Eubanks
5.5/10
Another BJJer but has physical strength on her side which helps a lot. I don't remember seeing her do much noteworthy takedown technique wise though. Mostly clinch based.

Lauren Murphy
6.75/10
Technically bad but gets away with a lot through brute strength and stamina. She doesn't really have much in the way oftakedowns though, just 'cage hugging' style grappling. I have to rate her close to or even with Carmouche based on their fight though.

Eubanks out-wrestled Lauren Murphy easily, why is she ranked under her?

Actually Eubanks has used lots double leg takedowns in her fights. In tuf she shoot a double leg TD then lifted her opponent off the cage & dumped her on the ground, that's one of the most impressive takedowns which I have seen from WFLW fighters.

Lauren Murphy has a strong showing against Carmouche because Carmouche has bad fighting IQ & coaching. Carmouche would have a easy win if she drops level for takedowns instead of fighting in the clinch.

Katlyn Chookagian
3/10
BJJ/Boxer, which is the devil's combination when it comes to takedowns.

Chookagian has decent TDD. otherwise she wouldn't be able to fight a close fight which I think she won against Carmouche.

Last edited:
First to ever be fitted with the Reebok XXS gear, future UFC atomweight champ confirmed.

Future atomweight champ? Seo Hee Ham is sure looking much more Caucasian these days. Weird.

Back