Elections 2018 Midterms: Polls, predictions and results.

You're apparently not content with being the laughing stock of the Sports Bar, but you've decided to bring your brand of buffoonery to the War Room as well. Please come with an actual substantive argument so you can be given the intellectual beatdown that you deserve.

Are you really this fucking stupid? Dems didn't take over a bunch of red states for a blue wave. They took contested areas and ended up with only taking 26 or 28 seats and Trump GAINED seats in the Senate. He's one of 3 presidents to gain senate seats in 100 years. You're a fucking idiot who should stay away from posting period.

There was no blue wave and the Democrats didn't take enough in the house to stonewall him. Plus Republican voters who normally wouldn't come out as strong in mid terms (usually congress is the opposite of the party in the white house anyways) show that the voter base for Trump/Republicans is much stronger.

Are you really this fucking stupid? Dems didn't take over a bunch of red states for a blue wave. They took contested areas and ended up with only taking 26 or 28 seats and GAINED seats in the Senate. He's one of 3 presidents to gain senate seats in 100 years. You're a fucking idiot who should stay away from posting period.

Tbh I'm content with republicans being in denial about the results, it'll keep them away from the polls in 2020.

Biggest republican house loss in over 4 decades with the most red-favored district map we've ever had. Republicans this election have won 9/35 senate races (not counting still-contested races), because they only had to risk 9 seats. Ending with between a net 0-3 pickup, as already predicted by the fake news polls. If you consider this a victory, good luck lol.

The guy heading up Nelsons recount efforts is predicting hand recount and a win.
This guy has represented six other federal election recounts and all have won.

Whether he's right or not remains to be seen .

Also I read Arizona has something like 600k ballots to count from Maricopa Co and another 80k from another lean dem county .

Also I read Arizona has something like 600k ballots to count from Maricopa Co and another 80k from another lean dem county .

Arizona has the most annoying ballot counting process in the country. We might not know the result from them for a week.

Nevada results: State becoming a more blue in a must win 2020 state for democrats.

There were 6 GOP constitutional officers; now: 1.

There was a GOP U.S. senator before Tues; not anymore.

2 at-risk D House districts stayed D. Large margins.

There were 27 D Assembly seats; now: 29.

There were 11 D state Senate seats; now: 13.

Last edited:
Tbh I'm content with republicans being in denial about the results, it'll keep them away from the polls in 2020.

Biggest republican house loss in over 4 decades with the most red-favored district map we've ever had. Republicans this election have won 9/35 senate races (not counting still-contested races), because they only had to risk 9 seats. Ending with between a net 0-3 pickup, as already predicted by the fake news polls. If you consider this a victory, good luck lol.

It's not a bad outcome as far as midterms go. I guess you must be new to politics.

The House switching mattered. The Republicans netting three Senate seats mattered. The Democrats picking up some governorships mattered. The Republicans defeating multiple MSM-designated "future stars" mattered. Continued realignment mattered. Lots of important details and data.
the only thing that i think was of real consequence for the Repub's was knocking back a few future 'stars' of the Dem party.

I get there was a very short period of irrational exuberance of a blue wave that might see the Dem's take the Senate but it was always just that. Irrational. Step back and look at how many Dem seats were at play and how few Repub ones were and it would be near impossible for the Dem's to take the Senate even without the extreme gerrymandering and vote suppression games. There really was no path to the Dem's taking the Senate, or even likely holding their ground there.

Wisconin and Michigan can go red and Ohio can easily go red too. You are both bad at analyzing football and politics. This isn't anywhere near what Democrats were hoping for.
See my prior post. Add to that, that Florida and Texas are clearly in play now in 2020 and that all bodes well for the Dem's unless Team Trump can seriously change the momentum.

It's not a bad outcome as far as midterms go. I guess you must be new to politics.

Far from new to politics. Predicted Trump's 2016 victory. Predicted most of the 2018 outcomes (was hoping for a Beto win but still got the spread).

It's a terrible outcome for republicans that only looks okay at face value. To take it as "good" or "okay" assumes a level of equality going in that doesn't exist. The republican party has never lost this many house seats since Watergate, and we currently have the most red-favoring district map ever. Most of the senate was not up for election, but in this year's senate election the republicans lost by a 2-1 margin (even if they win AZ, FL, and MS). If there was good favorability or even just contentedness with the republicans, they could've headed toward a supermajority. But they didn't, and far from it.

Brenda Snipes is an example of black privilege. No white person with her record would ever be allowed to remain. She's kept her election supervisor position because the race hustlers have intimidated the cowards in state government who won't remove her after one election after another of criminal behavior and incompetence.

Far from new to politics. Predicted Trump's 2016 victory. Predicted most of the 2018 outcomes (was hoping for a Beto win but still got the spread).

It's a terrible outcome for republicans that only looks okay at face value. To take it as "good" or "okay" assumes a level of equality going in that doesn't exist. The republican party has never lost this many house seats since Watergate, and we currently have the most red-favoring district map ever. Most of the senate was not up for election, but in this year's senate election the republicans lost by a 2-1 margin (even if they win AZ, FL, and MS). If there was good favorability or even just contentedness with the republicans, they could've headed toward a supermajority. But they didn't, and far from it.
Yup.

you have to take a pretty simplistic view to not see this as pretty horrible for the Repub's.

If someone is honest and not just wanting to hear or feed themselves a set narrative they will realize why this does not compare to Obama's midterm loss. Obama had a very unfriendly MidTerm Senate map. A hostile one that under the best of circumstances would have a great chance to flip. Again in 2018 the Dem's had a very hostile Midterm Senate map where again they should not be able to hold, let alone win more seats. The maps matter. But certain people will not want to hear that.

Brenda Snipes is an example of black privilege. No white person with her record would ever be allowed to remain. She's kept her election supervisor position because the race hustlers have intimidated the cowards in state government who won't remove her after one election after another of criminal behavior and incompetence.
Two GOP congressman facing indictment win re-election.

180822203128-duncan-hunter-chris-collins-indicted-ebof-sidner-dnt-exlarge-169.jpg

See my prior post. Add to that, that Florida and Texas are clearly in play now in 2020 and that all bodes well for the Dem's unless Team Trump can seriously change the momentum.

Trumps biggest issue is that he won't have Bannon if he chooses to go for re-election. With that said, the Dems haven't shown a strong candidate yet either.

Yup.

you have to take a pretty simplistic view to not see this as pretty horrible for the Repub's.

If someone is honest and not just wanting to hear or feed themselves a set narrative they will realize why this does not compare to Obama's midterm loss. Obama had a very unfriendly MidTerm Senate map. A hostile one that under the best of circumstances would have a great chance to flip. Again in 2018 the Dem's had a very hostile Midterm Senate map where again they should not be able to hold, let alone win more seats. The maps matter. But certain people will not want to hear that.

The results in context make it look like the democrats will steamroll Trump in 2020 with a senate majority to top it off. I just won't place bets on that till we see the candidates and yet-to-come economic/political situations. But it seems likely.

Now do Gillum and Menendez.

Menendez charges were dropped a while ago, Tallahassee is facing a corruption probe but Gillum is not under indictment (nor was he a member of congress or running for congress...)

The results in context make it look like the democrats will steamroll Trump in 2020 with a senate majority to top it off. I just won't place bets on that till we see the candidates and yet-to-come economic/political situations. But it seems likely.
Yup.

And I think Trump will have to find a new play sheet to attract NEW support and I am not sure he is capable of doing that. He has an absolute lock on his base and they ARE turning out for him, but they are also capped. that base is not growing and in fact is shrinking (Losing women) even as it becomes more hardcore.

So no doubt Trump can rely on his hardcore base turnout in 2020. But the true growing tide is with the Dem's. They keep stretching that popular vote lead over him and have far more growth for turnout in the 2020 election as long as they can keep that base motivated.

I’d be very careful if I were the Dems. I’m serious. This can easily backfire and if the Repukes take back the House with an even greater majority in the Senate. It could be game over

Dems should learn from the mistakes of the GOP in the past. Investigations of a sitting prez just don’t sit well with the public
lol...if you think they are just gonna let Trump off the hook for poor behavior you're out of your mind. Investigations are incoming, that's tough shit for Trump. Let him fight back by tearing down an infrastructure bill they send his way. Yeah fucking right.

Back