I just started TRT, ask me anything

You should have made this thread like a month into your prescription, what I'm supposed to ask here?

"Hey, so how does it feel like being on TRT?"

"I dunno, I haven't actually tried it yet"

<Kpop01>

So you finally gave in, I remember you said you were scared to try it

only 25 years old? man you are young

I thought you were like 45

Can you post before and after pics dont show your face of course just the body after a few months and post your stats to see how your progression is

Im scared to use it because of the internal organ issues and the needles, plus I got family history of high blood pressure

Do you stick yourself or do you go to the doctor for the injection? how often do you take it

When did you figure out you were basically a woman who needs testosterone injections to pass for a man?

So you finally gave in, I remember you said you were scared to try it

only 25 years old? man you are young

I thought you were like 45

Can you post before and after pics dont show your face of course just the body after a few months and post your stats to see how your progression is

Im scared to use it because of the internal organ issues and the needles, plus I got family history of high blood pressure

Do you stick yourself or do you go to the doctor for the injection? how often do you take it

I'm not TS, but I'll answer.

You don't get gains like that. It's just restoring your chemistry to balance, not being unbalanced to where you're highly anabolic all the time. I know I gained about 25-30 lbs before I went on TRT, then lost all of that within 4-6 months and felt like I had tons more energy and was generally happier.

Internal organ issues? Are you referring to liver issues? If so, that's not really relevant when it comes to injections. You should monitor your PSA and other levels annually, like you should anyway. I don't have high blood pressure from it either. Exercise normally, and since this is a normal dose it shouldn't result in issues. Liver issues can arise with oral dosing because the liver has to do primary processing of the ingested androgen, which can lead to hepatotoxicity. It's really highly unlikely to occur with injections/patches.

I stick myself in my thigh every week. 0.625 ml of 200mg/ml testosterone cypionate = 125mg/week, and I alternate thighs each week. No big deal, but I'm used to needles as I had to use them for cancer research in grad school. Some people are more comfortable having someone stick them, but I 1: don't want the weekly cost of a doctor visit, even if it's just for a shot and 2: I like the convenience of doing it on my time at home. Sometimes, I have to miss a Friday (injection day) and will just do it on Sat or Sun, because you don't just fall off a cliff when you miss the day. Example: I'm out of town for work right now, and won't get home until tomorrow night around 11p. I'll inject Sat morning instead, and take anastrazole Sun morning instead.

Most of the issues come with long term sustained over dosing, not maintenance dosing. It's easy to maintain, and I don't have a problem doing this for life.

Man low T at 25 must suck. I have very high T and I'm 32. I assume it has to do with my meat consumption and heavy compound lifting.

Why are you going with injectable T? I thought the Andro gel had little side affects and works.
I heard you can buy it cheaper too.

Why are you going with injectable T? I thought the Andro gel had little side affects and works.
I heard you can buy it cheaper too.

Side effects, constant administering of doses, inadvertent transfer of testosterone to wife/kids, and more make the injections more easily maintained for me. I don't want the skin irritation, having to changes patches/doses often. I'd rather inject once per week and be done with it. Also, I get about a month's worth of dosing for $17, and my anastrazole is under $2/month.

I don't know how well you're versed in science, but this paper is good. It's full of technical jargon though: https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2837&context=facpub

Key takeaway: We recommend depo-testosterone as a first line treatment option. (injections, not patch)

Last edited:
Man low T at 25 must suck. I have very high T and I'm 32. I assume it has to do with my meat consumption and heavy compound lifting.

Dude, I'm a meatasaurus rex, and competed in strongman for years. I've deadlifted cars, lifted giant stones, flipped 700 lb tires and more, and I still had low T after that. It's weird. My brain was like "yeah, you go, nuts! Make that testosterone!" and my nuts were all "nah, we like zebra cakes and video games, we're good."

Last edited:
I'm not TS, but I'll answer.

You don't get gains like that. It's just restoring your chemistry to balance, not being unbalanced to where you're highly anabolic all the time. I know I gained about 25-30 lbs before I went on TRT, then lost all of that within 4-6 months and felt like I had tons more energy and was generally happier.

Internal organ issues? Are you referring to liver issues? If so, that's not really relevant when it comes to injections. You should monitor your PSA and other levels annually, like you should anyway. I don't have high blood pressure from it either. Exercise normally, and since this is a normal dose it shouldn't result in issues. Liver issues can arise with oral dosing because the liver has to do primary processing of the ingested androgen, which can lead to hepatotoxicity. It's really highly unlikely to occur with injections/patches.

I stick myself in my thigh every week. 0.625 ml of 200mg/ml testosterone cypionate = 125mg/week, and I alternate thighs each week. No big deal, but I'm used to needles as I had to use them for cancer research in grad school. Some people are more comfortable having someone stick them, but I 1: don't want the weekly cost of a doctor visit, even if it's just for a shot and 2: I like the convenience of doing it on my time at home. Sometimes, I have to miss a Friday (injection day) and will just do it on Sat or Sun, because you don't just fall off a cliff when you miss the day. Example: I'm out of town for work right now, and won't get home until tomorrow night around 11p. I'll inject Sat morning instead, and take anastrazole Sun morning instead.

Most of the issues come with long term sustained over dosing, not maintenance dosing. It's easy to maintain, and I don't have a problem doing this for life.
thanks for the info im scared as fuck though to take TRT

but I talked to some guys at the gym before and they told me TRT is safe its testosterone if taking in moderation they told me you can get jack but it sall on genetics

My friend who had low testosterone got on TRT he doesn't take anything else just does 3 full body workouts a week and eats clean mostly meats and veggies low carbs, and his face leaned out and got muscular and he lost fat and put on 13 pounds of muscle, he got hairier though but he looks more masculine before his face was soft and pudgy he said he feels so good on it positive and like he is invincible when he had low t he was depressed and had no confidence.

the sides he told me he got was night sweats, hairy nose, and ear hairs and thicker body hair, he said he had greasier skin and aching balls.

another question when you go on trt do you have to cycle off?

This guy reminds me of my friend he only took TRT he writes a blog about it and he got jacked and ripped he did the same workouts and cleaned up his diet
trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg

diagnosed with low testosterone, after depression, tripping anxiety, and brain fog. had a slew of bloodwork done and was diagnosed with extremely low T. I workout daily, eat well, don't drink or smoke and im in fairly good shape, so I never suspected to have low Testosterone. Tried to take natural routes to raise my testosterone; they were futile. Now Im on testosterone replacement therapy, also taking an aromatase inhibitor to keep my estrogen low.

feel free to ask me anything
How long were you on dick pills before your tystesterone got so low?

(And I know that's you Jon
<HisEye>)

thanks for the info im scared as fuck though to take TRT

but I talked to some guys at the gym before and they told me TRT is safe its testosterone if taking in moderation they told me you can get jack but it sall on genetics

My friend who had low testosterone got on TRT he doesn't take anything else just does 3 full body workouts a week and eats clean mostly meats and veggies low carbs, and his face leaned out and got muscular and he lost fat and put on 13 pounds of muscle, he got hairier though but he looks more masculine before his face was soft and pudgy he said he feels so good on it positive and like he is invincible when he had low t he was depressed and had no confidence.

the sides he told me he got was night sweats, hairy nose, and ear hairs and thicker body hair, he said he had greasier skin and aching balls.

another question when you go on trt do you have to cycle off?

This guy reminds me of my friend he only took TRT he writes a blog about it and he got jacked and ripped he did the same workouts and cleaned up his diet
trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg

Your friend was taking doses way over maintenance. None of that happens when you take normal dosages, like your friends at the gym said. If you're afraid of it, talk to the doctor about it, and don't be shy. Go in with tons of questions and preconceived notions, and make sure the doc answers them all. It can be a bit overwhelming, but in reality after the first month, you feel so much better and function so much better just a maintenance dose that all those worries dissipate.

TRT is not cyclical, like a steroid cycle. It's permanent. You don't go off, and say "hey balls, you want to work again?" and try to get them to work over a 2-3 month period, then assume they do, then cycle back on like you would if you were doing a steroid cycle. It's literally just restoring your normal androgen balance and maintaining it.

diagnosed with low testosterone, after depression, tripping anxiety, and brain fog. had a slew of bloodwork done and was diagnosed with extremely low T. I workout daily, eat well, don't drink or smoke and im in fairly good shape, so I never suspected to have low Testosterone. Tried to take natural routes to raise my testosterone; they were futile. Now Im on testosterone replacement therapy, also taking an aromatase inhibitor to keep my estrogen low.

feel free to ask me anything

Do women look at you differently after taking it? (Are you not able to perform like before)? ....asking for a friend that's interested in taking TRT...

Your friend was taking doses way over maintenance. None of that happens when you take normal dosages, like your friends at the gym said. If you're afraid of it, talk to the doctor about it, and don't be shy. Go in with tons of questions and preconceived notions, and make sure the doc answers them all. It can be a bit overwhelming, but in reality after the first month, you feel so much better and function so much better just a maintenance dose that all those worries dissipate.

TRT is not cyclical, like a steroid cycle. It's permanent. You don't go off, and say "hey balls, you want to work again?" and try to get them to work over a 2-3 month period, then assume they do, then cycle back on like you would if you were doing a steroid cycle. It's literally just restoring your normal androgen balance and maintaining it.
so basically your body becomes dependent on the treatment? If you stop, will you stop producing less testosterone than before you started?

How much will you be taking?

After being diagnosed with depression and anxiety and struggling with my energy levels, I did some blood tests, the doc said I was exactly on the average and that I didn't need any TRT, but since I was still feeling pretty shitty, she said she could prescribe me the lowest dose possible to see if that would help, so she gave me a prescription for a 1ml shot (Primoteston, US$15) every 3 weeks. I took 3 or 4 shots in a 2-3 month span but never felt any improvement so I just stopped taking it.

I'm all good now and feeling great. I just continued with my therapy process and working out and cleaning my diet and cut off some people from my life that weren't doing me any good. Good luck, I hope it works for you.

150 mg a week split into 2 separate doses every 3.5 days

You should have made this thread like a month into your prescription, what I'm supposed to ask here?

"Hey, so how does it feel like being on TRT?"

"I dunno, I haven't actually tried it yet"

<Kpop01>
Had my first pin yesterday. Could be placebo but I swear I felt like a knot in my stomach was untied. Went to the gym and worked out, carrying a high sense of well-being

When did you figure out you were basically a woman who needs testosterone injections to pass for a man?
When I caught myself humming 'All I want myself for Christmas is you' by Mariah Carrey while I was baking cookies with a clay facemask on.

I had all the symptoms so I got tested. My doctor said mine was borderline low, but before prescribing treatment she had some questions for me:

"Do you lift weights?"
"Yup. Twice a month like clockwork"

"Do you drink alcohol?"
"Only on days that end in y"

"Do you have a stressful job?"
"Well compared to a soldier in combat no, but maybe compared to everyone else, yes."

"Do you get 8 hours of sleep every night?"
"Twice a month like clockwork! The rest of the time it's 4-6"

"Ok I'm not giving you TRT, you idiot. Go get your shit together and your test will probably rise on its own."

Great man, sounds good! Do an update in 2 months, I think you'll be able to answer more questions.

Do the doctors have a serious discussion with you about potential side effects and if so what were they? Is there a risk of dependency or reliance where if you go off it all the positives associated with TRT actually become worse when off TRT?

We seem to see that in MMA where guys seem to be a shell of themselves when forced off.

my dick does work weirdly. Thats one of the reasons why I didn't suspect it was low testosterone. Im still horny, but definitely not as much as I used to be. I have no Erectile Dysfunction either.

Yes. You don't go from hero to zero as quickly after you ejaculate, and you can go from zero to hero the 2nd time around much quicker. Plus, your boners are harder.

Back