What do you gentlemen eat for breakfast?

Including sleep it's really not that hard. If you eat dinner at 6 and skip breakfast you're up to 17+ hours by the time lunch time rolls around.

I eat a meal at 12pm and a meal around 6pm. After a day or two I got used to it.
Its not crazy at all, Its actually really easy. When you eat less your body will adjust. I dont even get hungry until lunch time.

I started doing this 4-5 years ago.

I also stopped drinking anything but water during the week. If I want a sugar drink I have to wait for the weekend.

For example yesterday I had a regular sized bacon and eggs lunch and for dinner I had a cesaer salad and a baked potato.

After both meals I was full and I didnt have to be hungry.

After you start reducing your food intake your stomach will shrink and it will become easier with time.
Hmm thinking about trying this. But maybe instead of skipping breakfast just have a late lunch or early dinner

Last edited:
waffle-taco.0.jpg

I can't even drop a deuce in the morning without my breakfast, coffee and cigs. And if I can't start my day with a fat dump then I can't start my day

Its not crazy at all, Its actually really easy. When you eat less your body will adjust. I dont even get hungry until lunch time.

I started doing this 4-5 years ago.

I also stopped drinking anything but water during the week. If I want a sugar drink I have to wait for the weekend.

For example yesterday I had a regular sized bacon and eggs lunch and for dinner I had a cesaer salad and a baked potato.

After both meals I was full and I didnt have to be hungry.

After you start reducing your food intake your stomach will shrink and it will become easier with time.

Hmm thinking about trying this. But maybe instead of skipping breakfast just have a late lunch or early dinner

There are some promising health benefits in the studies so far.

Conclusions and Recommendations
Based on the existing evidence from animal and human studies described, we conclude that there is great potential for lifestyles that incorporate periodic fasting during adult life to promote optimal health and reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, particularly for those who are overweight and sedentary. Animal studies have documented robust and replicable effects of fasting on health indicators including greater insulin sensitivity, and reduced levels of blood pressure, body fat, IGF-I, insulin, glucose, atherogenic lipids and inflammation. Fasting regimens can ameliorate disease processes and improve functional outcome in animal models of disorders that include myocardial infarction, diabetes, stroke, AD and PD. One general mechanism of action of fasting is that it triggers adaptive cellular stress responses, which result in an enhanced ability to cope with more severe stress and counteract disease processes. In addition, by protecting cells from DNA damage, suppressing cell growth and enhancing apoptosis of damaged cells, fasting could retard and/or prevent the formation and growth of cancers.

However, studies of fasting regimens have not been performed in children, the very old and underweight individuals, and it is possible that IF and PF would be harmful to these populations. Fasting periods lasting longer than 24 hours and particularly those lasting 3 or more days should be done under the supervision of a physician and preferably in a clinic. IF- and PF-based approaches towards combating the current epidemics of overweight, diabetes and related diseases should be pursued in human research studies and medical treatment plans. Several variations of potential ‘fasting prescriptions’ that have been adopted for overweight subjects revolve around the common theme of abstaining from food and caloric beverages for at least 12 – 24 hours on one or more days each week or month, depending on the length, combined with regular exercise. For those who are overweight, physicians could ask their patients to choose a fasting-based intervention that they believe they could comply with based upon their daily and weekly schedules. Examples include the ‘5:2’ IF diet (Harvie et al., 2011), the alternate day modified fasting diet (Johnson et al., 2007; Varady et al., 2009), a 4–5 day fast or low calorie but high nourishment fasting mimicking diets once every 1–3 months followed by the skipping of one major meal every day if needed (V. Longo, clinical trial in progress). One of the concerns with unbalanced alternating diets such as those in which low calorie intake is only observed for 2 days a week are the potential effects on circadian rhythm and the endocrine and gastrointestinal systems, which are known to be influenced by eating habits. During the first 4 – 6 weeks of implementation of the fasting regimen, a physician or registered dietitian should be in regular contact with the patient to monitor their progress and to provide advice and supervision.

Fasting regimens could also be tailored for specific diseases as stand-alone or adjunct therapies. Results of initial trials of IF (fasting 2 days per week or every other day) in human subjects suggest that there is a critical transition period of 3 – 6 weeks during which time the brain and body adapt to the new eating pattern and mood is enhanced (Harvie et al., 2011; Johnson et al., 2007). Though speculative, it is likely that during the latter transition period brain neurochemistry changes so that the ‘addiction’ to regular consumption of food throughout the day is overcome. Notably, the various fasting approaches are likely to have limited efficacy particularly on aging and conditions other than obesity unless combined with diets such as the moderate calorie intake and mostly plant-based Mediterranean or Okinawa low protein diets (0.8 g protein/Kg of body weight), consistently associated with health and longevity.

In the future, it will be important to combine epidemiological data, studies of long-lived populations and their diets, results from model organisms connecting specific dietary components to pro-aging and pro-disease factors, with data from studies on fasting regimens in humans, to design large clinical studies that integrate fasting with diets recognized as protective and enjoyable. A better understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which fasting affects various cell types and organ systems should lead to the development of novel prophylactic and therapeutic interventions for a wide range of disorders.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide#weight-loss

There are some promising health benefits in the studies so far.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
Pretty interesting. Not sure how it protects cells from DNA damage, but if so, that would be awesome. Not only for reducing cancer risk but I also imagine it would have some kind of anti-aging effect

Well in any case I'm sold. I haven't eaten lunch yet today so I'm just gonna skip it and eat an early dinner this evening

Ridiculously well. I’ve gone from 91kg to 84.5kg in 2 months
Do you mix in low carb / keto with the fasting or do you eat however you want / relatively clean and still lose weight?

Hey Intermittent fasting guys what if you have black coffee/tea and water for breakfast?

Hey Intermittent fasting guys what if you have black coffee/tea and water for breakfast?
Most teas and black coffee are fine. Water is a must. I usually have some matcha in the morning.

Do you mix in low carb / keto with the fasting or do you eat however you want / relatively clean and still lose weight?
I’ve been eating a lot more vegetables ie soups and stews, seeing the results has inspired me to improve my diet. And I’ve noticed I am happier eating smaller portions now. I typically fast from 9pm to 1-3pm depending on how I feel.
The weight loss happened quickly. I feel amazing for it tbh

So you go 18-20 hrs after dinner without eating?

<DontBelieve1>
I was never heavy per say at all, but I lost 13 lbs of extra fat, following a very similar diet and in only 90 days... the first week is tough, but after your body adjusts it’s quite easy really... sometimes I literally have to remind myself to eat... the mental part is def the hardest

I go through my day pretty normal like, I'm a normal guy, I'm a swell guy, I'm a nice enough guy, I'm a cool kind of guy, I'm a pretty groovy guy...but then I get a little SUGAR in me and start to go KOO-KOO. Doesn't have to be much, this time it was two of 'em Fiber One brownies. Only 90 calories each but they do the job. Do you know what I'm sayin'? They get me goin', they get me riled up, a little KOO-KOO, a little WACKY, start gettin' me a little KOOKY, a little, y'know, LOOPY-- OOO. Hey, somebody get this kid in a padded cell! Someone get him a straitjacket! He's gettin' a little WACKY..ooo...a little KOOKY! He's off the walls, bananas, loco!

We make our own protein bars with chickpea protein, flax, almonds, etc. We also prepare overnight oats, with bananas, various berries, and protein.

Usually we eat one of those, sometimes i make juice, either veggie or fruit. We also make protein pancakes, we freeze them. And in the morning just put em in the toaster.

A giant blended frozen fruit bowl topped with sliced banana, lots of dry coconut flakes, goji berries, and cacao nibs. It's absolutely delicious and easy to eat in the morning, plus the coconut flakes add lots of healthy fats and calories to get me thru the morning, and the cacao nibs help with digestion.

Before work, two breakfast muffins with either slices of German salami in them, or ham, cheese and mayonnaise. I'll have a milk coffee with two sugars along with that.

On my days off, my girlfriend makes me three bacon, three sausage, two fried eggs or cheddar cheese omelette, a tomato and four slices of toast.

You won't break fast with those unless they're doused in cream and sugar. I used to bring broth and shredded cabbage to the office when I started. It was less than 50 calories but changed to lemon water when I needed that flavor kick.

When I have time, 3-egg omelet with meat and cheese in it, big ass cappuccino, youghurt, and if I'm still hungry, some toasts with ham and cheese.

Two hard boiled eggs in a ziplog bag while running to work late

Loaf of wholegrain dark bread with cream cheese, salad leafs and ham + a cup of bulletproof coffee.

Back