Anyone ever do geocaching?

I think I saw them do this on Amazing Race once. I didn’t understand what they were doing. Still not sure I get how it works.
It's like an Easter egg hunt, but for grown ups, or some shit like that....

I make fake clues and send people deep into bear territory

We talking like grizzly or polar bears or the hairy men wearing leather that hang around bars called ' Blue Oyster ' in San Francisco?

Asking for a friend...

We talking like grizzly or polar bears or the hairy men wearing leather that hang around bars called ' Blue Oyster ' in San Francisco?

Asking for a friend...

Definitely this bear country:

0c8kuU.gif

@is normal is actually Mahoney

latest

Asking for a friend...
LOL..
I send them to "noodles and beef's" house for some vigorous ball pumping

How come in all my years of life, I've never heard of this?

There is another one where you find rubber stamps. Family members who do this stuff have gone all over the world and ended up w/ some amazing stamp art collection.

I had a friend who was into it. We found a joint in one bin and smoked it. Left a dick pick in exchange for the joint.

You're basically given a clue on the website or app to find a container in a real life location and have to find it. (They're usually well hidden from the public eye)

Once you do, you usually sign your name on a slip of paper in the container and if there are items inside you take one and leave one.

There are over 2 million of these located across the globe - chances are your neighborhood has a bunch. I've found about 30 so far. Latest one was under a lamp post in my local taco Bell.
I was big into geocaching 5 years ago back in 2013. Spent every Saturday going to a new location looking for items and it was definitely fun. I don't know if it has grown since then but I would assume so. Maybe time to pop out the GPS and go again

inadvertently, yes
I was up by the Golden Gate Mine a few weeks back and noticed a geocache

I bury supply caches in isolated areas all throughout my county, and two neighboring counties as well. Each of these caches contain at least bottled water, non-perishable food items, water purification tablets, metal cookery, fishing line/hooks, thermals, fire starter, and a tarp. You just never know.

I found a syringe behind my local White Castle and left a crack pipe.

I do it once in a while with my kids. It's like a fun little treasure hunt for them. Some are really hard to find and really creative. There are tons around all over the place.

The kids like it. Trade in some old action figures for something else.

I bury supply caches in isolated areas all throughout my county, and two neighboring counties as well. Each of these caches contain at least bottled water, non-perishable food items, water purification tablets, metal cookery, fishing line/hooks, thermals, fire starter, and a tarp. You just never know.

Guerrilla gardener too ?

Guerrilla gardener too ?
In my day, guerilla gardener meant someone who grows pot outdoors on property that is not their own. In that regard, no I am not. If it has another meaning... quite possibly.

Back