Opinion Do you like the new prefixes in the War Room?

Do you like the new prefixes in the War Room?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pretty much just a Yes or No answer.

I find them to be more of a distraction than anything.

I find them to be more of a distraction than anything.
To elaborate on this post:
I don't choose what threads to open based upon what category of discussion they may fall into. I choose based upon whether I'm interested in the content described by the title. However, when I go to the War Room page and see the list of threads, I find my eyes are drawn to the tags rather than the titles and they don't help me make any decisions.

YMMV.

If you're asking me, honestly it's seems tougher to read the titles.

being light on the eyes was the one thing sherdog had going for it

Kinda distracting, which then requires more time to discern what threads are going on. Would be ironic if the whole reason for the new prefixing tags was to make it quicker for people to differentiate threads' content.

Generally, people do not like change, if they are comfortable with a particular type of format.

Kinda distracting, which then requires more time to discern what threads are going on. Would be ironic if the whole reason for the new prefixing tags was to make it quicker for people to differentiate threads' content.

Generally, people do not like change, if they are comfortable with a particular type of format.
Reading the thread title is the quickest and most accurate way to figure out what the thread is about. A generic prefix can't do that for you. Plus it distracts from reading quickly. And I need all the help I can get.

It's just not the right prefixes. We need "Idiot" and "Whining".

Not really. They jump out like advertisements and create 'noise' on the screen.

I'm still waiting for the "propaganda" and "hit piece" prefixes to be added.

Just like the current changes that everyone first hated and now can't remember, this will be just like that.

To elaborate on this post:
I don't choose what threads to open based upon what category of discussion they may fall into. I choose based upon whether I'm interested in the content described by the title. However, when I go to the War Room page and see the list of threads, I find my eyes are drawn to the tags rather than the titles and they don't help me make any decisions.

They're unnecessary and distracting to the eye.

If you're asking me, honestly it's seems tougher to read the titles.

being light on the eyes was the one thing sherdog had going for it

Please get rid of it.

<PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Back