How Does Tito Ortiz Beating Chuck Liddell Change Your Opinions Of Their MMA Legacies? Does It?

Does the result of the fight change your opinion on the fighters' legacies?

• Total voters

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tito Ortiz finished Chuck Liddell in their third fight. Has the result of this fight changed your opinions of these two UFC Hall of Famers?

giphy.gif

I don't think any less of Chuck for losing this fight at his age. However, the win is a big boost for Tito's legacy.

Chuck Liddell MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Last edited:
Why did you even make this thread.

Yes it has

Tito's longevity proves that he was relatively clean during his career

If someone dug up Hank Aaron and tried to get him to hit a baseball, it wouldn't change my opinion on his greatness.

yes

Tito was the better fighter of the night

All you can say is Tito was one of the greatest LHWs of the night.

Tito is clearly the better fighter. He's always had the better resume, beat P4P GOATs like Bader, and even though he has a lot of losses, Tito has always been competitive unlike Chuck who gets KO'ed at the first clean punch

WTF???
Why would this fight change what happened throughout their careers?

Both guys are not even close to their peak.
But Chuck quit while Tito continued to be active.

This obviously does not reflect on ANYTHING that happened in the past!

Such silly question, TS!

Context in combat sports matters more than anything. If you don't apply context to fighters and don't think fight mileage and age change things, you're probably a huge dumb ass. When it really mattered, Tito and Chuck helped usher in an unheard era of popularity for MMA and atop of that, Chuck owned his ass. Whether you like or dislike either guy, they're legends.

What a dumb fucking thread. Ask someone to slap you.

Titos longevity is impressive. He has been taking damage for 8 years past Chucks retirement and looks still a lot better

Nah it just shows that in 2018 years past their primes Tito is better, Chuck was better when it mattered

It felt like televised snuff. Much like Hughes/Royce but in a different way. Didn't change my opinions much. Liddell is still a legend. So is Tito but he's just super annoying. That last bit about Golden Boy fighter pay made me laugh almost as loud as Tito Ortiz's entrance.

Back