***The Official Sanctioned Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury RBR Thread 12/1 SHO PPV***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched 3 boxing matches in the last three years and they were all outrageous decisions (two being draws).

I really tried to live the sport again but I'm out. Fuck it.
See you at the next one

Here are some videos of the atmosphere during the ring walks and the last round with the knockdown.

I will probably delete the instagram post tomorrow tho

I thought wilder won the first 4. In the 5th, you can see a clear shift in momentum where Fury became more od the agressor. I gave Fury the last 8 rounds, with 2 being even from the knockdowns, making it a draw.

Each round was close, ao despite knowing not many judges give 9-9, i thought it would be a split draw.

I actually told thst to multiple people around me, since out section became quite friendly. After the score cards were read, they thought i was some guru wizard

Yea, we saw a very similar fight. Fury during the first half of the fight was not active or throwing enough. I missed the 5th round because I lost my connection but the first four I had for wilder. But again from what I saw Wilder won at least four rounds outside of the two knock down rounds later in the fight. So that is actually 114 - 112 and a win for wilder. Close fight but those knock downs happening later in the fight were the difference maker.

Last edited:
Yea, we saw a very similar fight. Fury during the first half of the fight was not active or throwing enough. I missed the 5th round because I lost my connection but the first four I had for wilder. Which would make the fight a draw. I have to watch the fight again but I think their was one more round that could have gone to wilder later in the fight. But again from what I saw Wilder won at least four rounds outside of the two knock down rounds later in the fight which is a draw.

It was clear to me in the 5th thay Wilder got a bit tired, and Fury started to dictate the fight. Wilder got the knockdowns, but both times blew his load, allowing Fury to come back in those rounds. I corrected my original post, giving wilder the last round 10-8, rather than 9-9. He fucking almost killed Fury with rhar KD, lol

@cottagecheesefan that would make it 6 to 5 and 1 even round.

Guess that's the only way to score it a draw. But Fury definitely won more than 6 rounds, LOL... Gonna rewatch it, but I doubt it'll change my mind. Wilder got outhustled, he didn't know how to deal with the angles.

I cant believe Fury ate that punch in the 12th. Thats some of the craziest shit Ive ever seen.

I thought that Fury won the fight, but the talk of the draw being a robbery seems a bit extreme to me. Bad decision, possibly, but not quite a robbery. I didn't agree with the judges, but I also didn't agree with the ref giving Fury an unusually long amount of time to recover either. In the end, it was yet another recent entertaining fight in the HW division, which is great. I look forward to the rematch, which will be hard to predict as well. Fury could possibly be sharper in the rematch, but Wilder might have learned from the first fight and improve. Hard to say. I will say this though, Wilder needs to gain a couple of pounds and fire Mark Breland and get a new trainer that will force him to at least slightly improve his fundamentals. Teddy Atlas maybe? If Wilder's fundamentals improve by even an ounce, he would probably win these fights easily. It's insane that he's so skinny and has such poor fundamentals and yet can compete at the highest level with just power and bad intentions.

There's been some crazy left hooks in boxing though that boxers got up from:

At 1:55 -

At 3:30 -

@cottagecheesefan that would make it 6 to 5 and 1 even round.

Guess that's the only way to score it a draw. But Fury definitely won more than 6 rounds, LOL... Gonna rewatch it, but I doubt it'll change my mind. Wilder got outhustled, he didn't know how to deal with the angles.

Eh, without the knockdowns, i would have it 8-4. But those knockdowns make for a potential 4 point swing.

If a judge gave one of the first 4 rounds to Fury, and then both rounds with the knockdowns to Wilder 10-8, leading to the card with the Wilder win.

I think the scorecards were posted. I am going to have to look at them when i am sober.

It was a very close fight, ans was a great one. Lol at all these losers who are saying they are done with boxing after this. Not saying you, but there are a number of posters in other threads.

They remind me of people who are partisan hacls for politics. Omg, MMA good, boxing bad!!! Just like omg Obama bad, but Trump is god, or Trump sucks bit Hillary is great.

Bottom line is it was a close fight that could have gone either way. A number of close rounds and 2 crucial knock downs. Happens in MMA as well, just there are not as many rounds, so in a close fight, theew is less to interpret

WOW! Yes that was an amazing fight! Wilder and Fury both did great. They showed elite skills and a lot of heart. It was a very competitive fight, a rematch will have to happen.Respect to both of them for the class they showed too!

Pathetic result, even after two 10-8 rounds tyson won easily be two clear, maybe 3

I cant believe Fury ate that punch in the 12th. Thats some of the craziest shit Ive ever seen.

I know you a wilder fan so this is not a dig but you have seen more of him than most but do you think maybe his punch power is over rated in terms of its effectiveness against the more elite fighters? U would have think being caught that clean with those two shots would make it impossible to get up. Could be Wilder was lacking power at stage of the fight? What you think?

I'm not a big fan of either fighter, but credit to both for how they handled the post fight. A lot of classiness by both which isn't often the case with a draw.

People got up from blows by Max Baer, George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko... It depends who and how.

Wilder just wasnt hitting Fury a lot aside from a few scenes. Fury was moving laterally instead of position himself in the center line of attack, changing punching distance in and out, jabbing, clinching, making Wilder wary of his counter punches.

It's called boxing and not punching, but people haven't grasped yet that Tyson Fury is one those historical all-time greats, who probably beats both Klitschkos at their best. Just like Lennox Lewis beats them at their best. Partially because people don't want to grasp it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back