The Conor special treatment/favoritism continues.......

Is it any wonder when he pulls in the big bucks. He has people attention. Just look at every single Conor thread and how long it is compared to the rest on here. Even the haters are obsessed with him beyond anything healthy.

do you think people complain about guys moving up in boxing for a title shot at the weight above even if they hadn’t fought there before?

Again, you’re completely ignoring the circumstances. Conor didn’t have to face Nate. He already had his lw title shot lined up. He stepped up for the org.

If you think Connor did a single thing in his professional career to benefit the org and not only himself you are a bit delusional.

Is it any wonder when he pulls in the big bucks. He has people attention. Just look at every single Conor thread and how long it is compared to the rest on here. Even the haters are obsessed with him beyond anything healthy.

How the hell can any fight fan ignore Conor when he gets title shot after title shot?

These arguments are terrible. What does world tours have to do with the fairness here? They don't need to have world tours at all. The fight being over in 13 seconds doesn't help your argument. It's much easier for fans to see the fight as a fluke with it being over so fast. What happened to Conor vs. Khabib is worse in many people's eyes because there was nothing remotely flukeish about it.

Still not seeing how the GOAT FW Aldo didn't deserve a rematch.
Most fans didn’t want an immediate rematch. The org didn’t want an immediate rematch. It didn’t make sense to do an immediate rematch. You don’t get to claim you deserve it more because you got knocked out in the first exchange. Stop using the word fluke, it’s an absurd use of the term.

How the hell can any fight fan ignore Conor when he gets title shot after title shot?
He earned the fw title shot and the fight with khabib. Don’t act like he’s had tons of free shots.

If you think Connor did a single thing in his professional career to benefit the org and not only himself you are a bit delusional.
The fight with Nate was for both. Again, he didn’t have to put his lw title shot at risk.

He earned the fw title shot and the fight with khabib. Don’t act like he’s had tons of free shots.

I wasn't really referring to the first shot although that one was a little weird coming off of Siver.

The LW title shot was dumb. The fight with Khabib was therefore also dumb especially after he got stripped. If he gets this next shot that one will also be dumb.

He sure earned it by beating Denis Siver. And Aldo had better credentials and resume and he never got a crack at 55. But your boy leapfrogged everyone and got the TS even though he hadn't even defended or given a rematch to the FW king.

Most fans didn’t want an immediate rematch. The org didn’t want an immediate rematch. It didn’t make sense to do an immediate rematch. You don’t get to claim you deserve it more because you got knocked out in the first exchange. Stop using the word fluke, it’s an absurd use of the term.

Fairness is a separate thing from what fans and the organization necessarily "wants".

I'm not necessarily claiming he deserved it more. I am responding to your claim that he deserves it less. In my view what happened to Aldo is MORE cause for a rematch because there are obvious questions to answer. The same really can't be said for Conor against Khabib except......"uh maybe he can somehow get better"?

I wanna see Conor Mcgregor fight Kevin Lee so I can see Kevin get beat up. However, if mcgregor loses, it'd be interesting to potentially witness one of the final nails in mcgregors coffin live on pvp.

Last edited:
The fight with Nate was for both. Again, he didn’t have to put his lw title shot at risk.

It was never at risk in the first place. Even with a loss the narrative of the fight with Diaz being at ww was covering that risk. Oh he lost against a bigger fighter, on a short notice, he saved the card so he sti deserve the LW shot. You drank it all mate.

I agree 100%. For the last several years the UFC seems to have forgotten how to build up a generation of marketable stars. I don't know why they won't just copy Pride's blueprint for building up stars, but they don't. I don't get it.

Oh and nobody ever seems to want to hear this or admit it, but part of the problem is too many fights and too many fighters on the roster. They're gonna have to cut back in order to build up more than a handful of "name" guys. But they won't do it.
You got that right on the bloated roster I don't even bother to watch these watered down cards anymore but the elite fighters I could watch all day

Ex-champion who just came off a title loss vs. a ranked contender.

How does that fight not make sense. How is that favouritism? You're just a hater.

Ex-champion who just came off a title loss vs. a ranked contender.

How does that fight not make sense. How is that favouritism? You're just a hater.

Read the thread. He's an ex champion who won one fight at LW, got stripped, and then got destroyed. He has very little merit compared to the other LW's with many wins in that weight class. It's amazing fans think he should get a rematch any time soon with how poorly he did. You only want to see it because it's Conor.

Read the thread. He's an ex champion who won one fight at LW, got stripped, and then got destroyed. He has very little merit compared to the other LW's with many wins in that weight class. It's amazing fans think he should get a rematch any time soon with how poorly he did. You only want to see it because it's Conor.

I don't want to see a Khabib rematch because Conor doesn't deserve it yet. I'd like to see him vs. Tony because it would be an amazing fight, but realistically he doesn't deserve to fight against Tony now.

But how doesn't he deserve a fight against Dustin? What has Dustin done that makes him worth so much more than Conor?

He sure earned it by beating Denis Siver. And Aldo had better credentials and resume and he never got a crack at 55. But your boy leapfrogged everyone and got the TS even though he hadn't even defended or given a rematch to the FW king.
he earned it before the siver fight. the siver fight was a showcase fight on free tv, yet still a risk. again, line conor's road to the title shot against aldo and it's no easier than any of aldo's other challengers.

noone denies that conor's drawing power provides him with unique opportunities and control. and of course, not many champions actually proactively petition the org to move up and challenge the champ above them. and again, an immediate aldo rematch just wasn't a viable option for the org. it made zero sense. the fw king then got his series of title shots after anyway. just not with conor there anymore.

Fairness is a separate thing from what fans and the organization necessarily "wants".

I'm not necessarily claiming he deserved it more. I am responding to your claim that he deserves it less. In my view what happened to Aldo is MORE cause for a rematch because there are obvious questions to answer. The same really can't be said for Conor against Khabib except......"uh maybe he can somehow get better"?

getting dispatched in 13 seconds is of course not a cause for an IMMEDIATE rematch. it's not "fair" to just have a do-over because the fight didn't satisfy you.

It was never at risk in the first place. Even with a loss the narrative of the fight with Diaz being at ww was covering that risk. Oh he lost against a bigger fighter, on a short notice, he saved the card so he sti deserve the LW shot. You drank it all mate.
of course it was at risk. he still had to beat nate. there's nothing to drink. you're leaving out important facts.....chief.

getting dispatched in 13 seconds is of course not a cause for an IMMEDIATE rematch. it's not "fair" to just have a do-over because the fight didn't satisfy you.

Are you really trying to pretend that there isn't a huge difference between a new champion losing and a long time champion like Aldo? Give me a break. He deserved it because he is the GOAT LW. That's how it should work, not this popularity contest that you apparently like to take part in.

Are you really trying to pretend that there isn't a huge difference between a new champion losing and a long time champion like Aldo? Give me a break. He deserved it because he is the GOAT LW. That's how it should work, not this popularity contest that you apparently like to take part in.
lol. sorry, an immediate rematch after multiple world tours and a 13 second ko is not how it "should" work. if circumstances were different it could have worked. but it didn't. conor, and the ufc, had no obligation to make conor stay at fw and give aldo a do-over. it frankly would have been embarrassing to start another promotional tour with those 2 after that fight.

Back