• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor wants Chiesa lawsuit dropped: He wasn't the target; no real emotional distress

Settle it out of court you fucking goof, you attacked a bus full of innocent people and injured some lmao how can you even defend this behaviour?

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

Only possible reason i can see that he doesn't want to take full responsability and pay a dime is if in fact his employers aka the UFC) encouraged or orchestrated the whole thing and told him to go for it or just let him happen so that they can hype and generate interest for the fight. However things did not turn out as intended and Chiesa got injured in the process. In that case Conor wouldn't want to pay a dime because to him he was promoting a potential future fight for his employers.

We are getting into conspiracy theory here and this is all just speculation on my part but im just trying to make sense of it. If not that then it's also possible that Conor is just being an asshole in this situation.

I’ve been saying this since it happened, it is very plausible that this is what took place.

When your behavior is such that you injure those who weren’t even the target, that’s outrageous. Idiot.

Pay the man his fight purse, expenses for the camp and fight weekend, travel and for a box of gauze and bandaids and call it good.

Jesus this is pussy shit.

Terrorism .

Alhamdullilah Khabib beat that mad backwards glass jawed rat

McGregor has filed a response to Chiesa’s suit admitting his conduct was “unquestionably inappropriate” but should not be considered “outrageous.”

Legal analysts pointed out how proving “outrageousness” is essential for collecting damages when it comes to intentional infliction of emotional distress.

McGregor has also argued that his actions were “clearly not directed at [Chiesa] at all” - which he said the judge should consider in evaluating the “outrageousness” of the incident.

In his court documents, McGregor further claims Chiesa has failed to prove that he suffered any real emotional distress from the incident - noting that he’s a “seasoned combat sports fighter” and therefore should be used to physical trauma.

Conor has publicly acknowledged that his target was Khabib Nurmagomedov - who was also riding the bus that day and who he later fought in a headline clash at UFC 229 in Las Vegas but lost.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3470999/...ropped-as-he-insists-chiesa-wasnt-his-target/

http://www.tmz.com/2018/12/03/conor-mcgregor-michael-chiesa-ufc-bus-attack-lawsuit/

NINTCHDBPICT000397293994.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000397309433.jpg

Lol what a dumbass. So if a rob a bank the bystanders who are in distress because I point the gun at them are not victims because I am after the banks money????

McGregor has filed a response to Chiesa’s suit admitting his conduct was “unquestionably inappropriate” but should not be considered “outrageous.”

Legal analysts pointed out how proving “outrageousness” is essential for collecting damages when it comes to intentional infliction of emotional distress.

McGregor has also argued that his actions were “clearly not directed at [Chiesa] at all” - which he said the judge should consider in evaluating the “outrageousness” of the incident.

In his court documents, McGregor further claims Chiesa has failed to prove that he suffered any real emotional distress from the incident - noting that he’s a “seasoned combat sports fighter” and therefore should be used to physical trauma.

Conor has publicly acknowledged that his target was Khabib Nurmagomedov - who was also riding the bus that day and who he later fought in a headline clash at UFC 229 in Las Vegas but lost.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3470999/...ropped-as-he-insists-chiesa-wasnt-his-target/

http://www.tmz.com/2018/12/03/conor-mcgregor-michael-chiesa-ufc-bus-attack-lawsuit/

NINTCHDBPICT000397293994.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000397309433.jpg

well duh conor would want that to happen. to bad he have to pay the damages for what he did to all parties that file suites vs him.

I don't think that's true, intentions matter.

Yes, Conor should lose this, but if he'd specifically wanted to hurt Chiesa, it would be a hell of a lot worse, if they could prove intent.
Regardless of intent, the man chartered a plane across the Atlantic Ocean with a gang of hooligans, premeditated and planned their assault. He has an entire airplane ride to reconsider but he did not. He had a whole night to sleep it off and really ponder on the actions he was going to take, and he still proceeded with wrecklessly throwing a dangerous object at pretty much defenseless folks.

It’s like the guys on dateline to catch a predictor.. they know it’s wrong but still go hahaha

I would like to see these two fight in the UFC. Their beef should be settled in the cage. It would do good business.
This could be part of the settlement. Chiesa gets back his lost money plus a red panty night. Conor gets to make easy money slapping him around the cage. Win win!

It really doesnt matter what you intended, the thing that matters is the damage that you actually did, Mcgregor should just man up and pay up.

Conor knows his next loss is the end of money train. He should watch Tyson's documentary
Conor is a tool anymore but you would have to be a damn fool to think he is going to stop making massive amounts of money anytime soon.

What does outrageous mean here? Like what has been declared outrageous in previous cases?

Because if the bar is set at having sex with a corpse or something really crazy, then Chiesa is shit out of luck.

Why isn’t he suing for Battery instead?

Get me a lawyer dammit.

Is Conor an idiot?

Okay dumb question, but because of his actions Chiesa had to go to the hospital and was unable to fight which cost him money. Also I'm not entirely sure, but wasn't the dolly actually thrown at the bus that Khabib WASN'T on?? IIRC it was thrown at the red bus, where as Khabib was on the blue

I don’t think he’s disputing this and they will probably pay him the money he lost due to not being able to fight plus medical expenses

But your only liability for damages during international infliction of emotional distress is if you ACTUALLY INTENDED to cause the harm you did — I don’t think he had any intention to harm chaisa

I’m a huge Conor hater here but this is mostly likely caused by Cheisa and his attorneys being greedy and requesting a huge sum of money for the “emotional distress”

He should make cheisa Whole again as what everyone has been saying — but his Lawyers are probsbly trying to extort him for ridiculous amounts of money now and he has no obligation to lay down

Back