CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys prefer Scarjo over her?

That actress who plays Lagertha in Vikings would have been a good choice....even though she's a bit old for the role (41)

katherynwinnick_Shine_300dpi_portrait_cropped.jpg

lagertha-21e16bbe-d5b6-48a6-8bdb-21cb7f669c7-resize-750.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you guys prefer Scarjo over her?
Yea she would have been better as Capt Marvel, aesthetically, but she's already Black Widow so whatever

Also,

"I'm not here to fight your war. I'm here to end it!"

Oof. Who wrote that corny ass line?

Did I see a shot of Ronan from the back?

this looks like star trek mixed with green lantern.

brie larson is also just a shitty actress. No i have not seen room. One movie doesnt mean your a good actor.

Did I see a shot of Ronan from the back?
Yes. And he's gonna get his ass kicked to put the new hero over. Like see the guy who the Guardians struggled with? Watch him get toyed with by the new hero.

At least that's my prediction.

Yes. And he's gonna get his ass kicked to put the new hero over. Like see the guy who the Guardians struggled with? Watch him get toyed with by the new hero.

At least that's my prediction.
Ronan the Accuser is one of the more interesting villains and it sucks how he's basically been jobbed out in the MCU. Dude isn't Thanos level by any means but he's certainly scarier than Loki, Killmonger, or any of the other MCU villains to this point (save Thanos obviously)

Looks more to me like her take on portraying the character is that because she's a female hero, she's above the whole movie and everything in it. I could be wrong, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a better explanation for why a good actress is delivering everything like a block of wood. This second trailer was full of lines that should have had something other than "disinterested superiority" on them.

There honestly isn't much in the trailer. Lots of actions scenes where you wont see much emotion to begin with. Then a lot of the scenes of her talking from what I can tell is her still just being a Kree soldier. On top of that I don't expect her to really open up until the later half of the movie when I imagine she will want to separate herself from her creators and go do her own thing. So I can imagine that for a lot of the movie she does act just like this.

If you ever saw universal solider think of it that way. Jean Claude was a robot for most of that movie and showed little to no emotion but by the end he was a normal person again.

Now this is just a theory so I could be way off. I've seen her act before though so I know she's better than this. I also don't think this is the vision Marvel would have for their first female hero.

There honestly isn't much in the trailer. Lots of actions scenes where you wont see much emotion to begin with. Then a lot of the scenes of her talking from what I can tell is her still just being a Kree soldier. On top of that I don't expect her to really open up until the later half of the movie when I imagine she will want to separate herself from her creators and go do her own thing. So I can imagine that for a lot of the movie she does act just like this.

What sealed this hypothesis for me was when Samuel L. asks her if she knows how to fly the plane, as she's sitting at the controls for the first time in forever. She responds with a smug and detached "yes" but as I was watching it, I saw room for so much more to be put into that response. Whether she's "herself" again or still rediscovering herself.

What sealed this hypothesis for me was when Samuel L. asks her if she knows how to fly the plane, as she's sitting at the controls for the first time in forever. She responds with a smug and detached "yes" but as I was watching it, I saw room for so much more to be put into that response. Whether she's "herself" again or still rediscovering herself.

Will see I honestly think they are going for more of a universal soldier type story line here. Replace her character with Jean Claude and Samuel L Jackson with the reporter and it's the same thing. Robotic soldier trying to find out who he is and survive.

Tbh cap marvel comes off arrogant,

Definately her weakness and I can see it being her flaw against Thanos

Will see I honestly think they are going for more of a universal soldier type story line here. Replace her character with Jean Claude and Samuel L Jackson with the reporter and it's the same thing. Robotic soldier trying to find out who he is and survive.

Do we also get to see her butt naked?

Tbh cap marvel comes off arrogant,

Definately her weakness and I can it being her flaw against Thanos
I've always understood Captain Marvel to be the Kree version of the young/immature Thor we saw early on in the MCU.

I've always understood Captain Marvel to be the Kree version of the young/immature Thor we saw early on in the MCU.

Yup. Be interesting to see her work or collaborate with the avengers.

From her POV, it's her first time seeing them. She's obviously much powerful.

She'll probably end up following her own orders instead.

Yup. Be interesting to see her work or collaborate with the avengers.

From her POV, it's her first time seeing them. She's obviously much powerful.

She'll probably end up following her own orders instead.
I see reformed Thor and Steve taking issue with her almost from the outset. I also guarantee she makes some offhand shit remark about Loki who redeemed himself as well for him aligning himself early with Thanos too that causes Thor to lose his shit.

Thor's matured but he's still a hot head that acts before thinking sometimes. Stark will probably go after her once too with Steve and his shield being the only thing that keep Stormbreaker or some laser blast from an IM suit hitting her.

Haven't they stopped making superhero movies yet? Nope, still 10 a year?

Sounds exciting and original.

Soldiers aren't emotionless and robotic 24/7. They act like normal people when not in training or on the battlefield.

It's just bad acting on her part

Soldiers aren't emotionless and robotic 24/7. They act like normal people when not in training or on the battlefield.

Kree aren't human soldiers though. Look at the Droid army in Star Wars movies, Stormtroopers in Star Wars, the things the Avengers fought in the first movie.

This isn't a normal human army.

Kree aren't human soldiers though. Look at the Droid army in Star Wars movies, Stormtroopers in Star Wars, the things the Avengers fought in the first movie.
She has Kree powers (and probably DNA) but she's still human from what I read in the comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back